Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on ..how do we know that power rankings won’t encourage more subtle easier to hide tanking?

Let’s just monitor and if there’s a clear breach or even if someone forgets and puts in a shockingly uncompetitive team we decide whether for that week we add a win to team’s w/l record. This w/l record is separate to playoff determining ladder , it’s purely to decide draft order.

Hang on ..how do we know that power rankings won’t encourage more subtle easier to hide tanking?

Let’s just monitor and if there’s a clear breach or even if someone forgets and puts in a shockingly uncompetitive team we decide whether for that week we add a win to team’s w/l record. This w/l record is separate to playoff determining ladder , it’s purely to decide draft order.
Yes let’s worry about the imaginary/theoretical way of tanking rather than the tangible example at hand

I don't even think anyone has or would tank in a paid league anyway.
But if someone did try and tank and it slipped under everyone's radar, say, the Power Ranking would catch that out anyway i feel.
Because bench points and starter points are both in the formula, make up 2/5ths of the formula.

Eg, let's PRETEND Long Beach was tanking all year. He has a 2-5 record and would have the #1 overall draft pick, but his bench points are so high, and his points for is among the best, that he has slipped to #9 overall.

Draft order if all picks were determined by Potential Points (PP) or Power Rank (PR) based on standings as they currently are.

Negative Difference = gain that number of spots if using PR (Basically peterbuch74 and WRU666 would be disadvantaged most by using PR)

TeamBy PPBy PRDifference
Til Valhall
1​
1​
-
SAMCRO
2​
2​
-
BPG Vandals
5​
3​
-2​
Mojave Riders
3​
4​
1​
Greenville Gorillas
8​
5​
-3​
Bismarck FC
7​
6​
-1​
Damn Fine Dodgers
10​
7​
-3​
Denver Donkeys
4​
8​
4​
Long Beach Leatherheads
13​
9​
-4​
Tuanami
6​
10​
4​
Arakaans Assassins
9​
11​
2​
Southern Stingers
14​
12​
-2​
Wolfe Pack
11​
13​
2​
Los Borrachos
12​
14​
-2​
TheGreatBarryB
16​
15​
-1​
drd23's Army
15​
16​
1​

3 or 5, a or b - although it would need to be either picks 9-16 to be all teams that make the play-offs, and you'd not want to use meaningless bowl games as part of deciding draft order (i.e. the 4 teams who lose in the first week of the playoffs technically still play games in Week 16 and 17 but nobody pays attention to them)

Don't think it matter all that much when any change gets brought in -

5a - I think PR can still benefit anybody who tanked as starting line up is taken into account. I also don’t subscribe to the theory that paid leagues prevent tanking, people can still tank to focus on future years knowing that they can’t compete right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3 or 5, a or b - although it would need to be either picks 9-16 to be all teams that make the play-offs, and you'd not want to use meaningless bowl games as part of deciding draft order (i.e. the 4 teams who lose in the first week of the playoffs technically still play games in Week 16 and 17 but nobody pays attention to them)

Don't think it matter all that much when any change gets brought in -
The bowl games have bever decided draft order anyway. Soon as a team loses in playoffs they get ordered

Yes let’s worry about the imaginary/theoretical way of tanking rather than the tangible example at hand
What they guy with 9 players on a bye and 6 on IR?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get his right, BPG is accused of tanking with what he had as his disposal?

ScentedDeadGuppy-size_restricted.gif

So let me get his right, BPG is accused of tanking with what he had as his disposal?

ScentedDeadGuppy-size_restricted.gif

After obliterating the "they weren't outs til game time" bs reason the excuse has quickly shifted to "look at his options" as some sort of legit reason for playing players who are out. Funny that.

After obliterating the "they weren't outs til game time" bs reason the excuse has quickly shifted to "look at his options" as some sort of legit reason for playing players who are out. Funny that.
I still think you should wait until the round has finished before making accusations

I still think you should wait until the round has finished before making accusations

Why wait? OUT players cant be replaced mid round once the game has started, they are locked in

I also waited 4 days after TNF when Williams was a confirmed out on Wednesday before saying anything and it happened again Sunday. I should have said something sooner if anything.

Why wait? OUT players cant be replaced mid round once the game has started, they are locked in

I also waited 4 days after TNF when Williams was a confirmed out on Wednesday before saying anything and it happened again Sunday. I should have said something sooner if anything.
his choice was take a risk that Williams was playing or play Coleman who'd be no chance with CMC there or Blackshear who'd never had a rush or reception.

I get it that he probably played the wrong Jag WR

Anyway im done discussing BPGs team choice, it is what it was, if we get the draft fixed with a fairer option as has been tabled and voted for I dont really care who did what coz it will have been worth saying something in the end as these sort of things wont benefit anyones draft order or have someone like me drawing conclusions.

Vote as such then...

1) keep as is, w-l record decides draft order.
2) power rank decides entire draft order.
3) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by power rank.
4) potential points decides entire draft order.
5) playoff teams are still determined #10-#16, but non-playoff teams are determined by potential points.

a) bring in for 2023 draft
b) bring in for 2024 draft

5a if we doing this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back