Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Dawson potentially out of R1

Ooh, that's big. Backlines are going to be VERRRY vanilla.

Whitfield, Short/Lloyd, Hewett, SicDawg, Milera, O'Driscoll will be about 90% of teams.

Odd cowboy will through in a Crispa or Ridley into the mix but that will be about it.
Salem has been in my team for weeks, but I never see him in others.

I reckon he'll have a great year.

Jordan Dawson potentially out of R1

Been in my side from day 1 until the weekend just gone as thought I could get away with a cheapie backline.

Definitely can’t pick him now without seeing what his role is there.

Ooh, that's big. Backlines are going to be VERRRY vanilla.

Whitfield, Short/Lloyd, Hewett, SicDawg, Milera, O'Driscoll will be about 90% of teams.

Odd cowboy will through in a Crispa or Ridley into the mix but that will be about it.
Odriscoll i doubt plays round 1 unless they have a few more injuries

Not that i had Dawson anyways but i may just avoid every crow.
Dawson & Milera haven't played, Crouch still working into it and ROB sucked. Rachele may be the only one but currently have Ralphsmith there

Defence is turning into a real head scratcher this year. I'm happy with most of my team, but have M5 and D3 in a pivot type situation using Sinn's DPP.

If I spend the money on the M5 I get Serong. If I spend it on D3 I get, er, Ridley or Maynard. That lower-priced defender pool just seems like a wasteland this year. Now that Dawson is out you really have to go all the way up to Short at $783K for a decent starting option.

Compare it to the $600K forwards pool which is overflowing with quality options. Hoping someone puts their hand up between now and R1 but I'm doubtful....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence is turning into a real head scratcher this year. I'm happy with most of my team, but have M5 and D3 in a pivot type situation using Sinn's DPP.

If I spend the money on the M5 I get Serong. If I spend it on D3 I get, er, Ridley or Maynard. That lower-priced defender pool just seems like a wasteland this year. Now that Dawson is out you really have to go all the way up to Short at $783K for a decent starting option.

Compare it to the $600K forwards pool which is overflowing with quality options. Hoping someone puts their hand up between now and R1 but I'm doubtful....
I have Hewett D3 and i think thats pretty Vanilla so i wouldn't stress to much bout the defence

Got Crisp

I'm a cowboy!
cowboy GIF

Are we automatically off Dawson because of his calf soreness? I’m tempted to run with him anyway. The club have been incredibly specific about the role they want him to play (primarily wing with stints on the inside), so the only real concern is his injury - which, from all reports, is minor.

Obviously not an ideal lead-in to round one, but I don’t think he’s completely out of contention yet.

Becomes a nice POD, too.

Last edited:
Does Chapman make the 22 mate ???
I mean.. on pure talent he should. He's also flexible - I'd have him as one of the 4 bench guys becaue he can play anywhere. But sheeettt its tough for spots at the moment*

*words a freo fan has dreamt about for years, but never used

I mean.. on pure talent he should. He's also flexible - I'd have him as one of the 4 bench guys becaue he can play anywhere. But sheeettt its tough for spots at the moment*

Some good times ahead for Freo fans. Looked very crisp the bits I saw on Friday admittedly against witches hats but still looked impressive

I really liked him last year and had him until (predictably for my side) he got injured. He is awkwardly priced now though.....

I really liked him last year and had him until (predictably for my side) he got injured. He is awkwardly priced now though.....
Yeh u couldnt do it at that price given, 3rd tall/rebounding defender or inside Mid are where you need him to play to score enough for it to be worth and we are so well stocked in both those areas

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back