Position 2022 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

I thought it was less than that?

Thought it was 8 weeks now?

Last update I can find is 10-12 weeks, that was updated a week ago
It was 10-12 weeks when the injury was reported a couple of weeks ago, so yeah, I guess it's 8-10 weeks now. But it's all guesswork based on history.

From Pies injury report last week: he's in a knee brace for another 3-4 weeks, until then, there's no clear plan forward yet.

I expect we'll be conservative with him, as there's no rush.

Worst case he's a sideways trade to somebody at ~$450k in a couple of months
Best case he's a ~100 average keeper

for $370k I reckon it's worth a crack

It was 10-12 weeks when the injury was reported a couple of weeks ago, so yeah, I guess it's 8-10 weeks now. But it's all guesswork based on history.

From Pies injury report last week: he's in a knee brace for another 3-4 weeks, until then, there's no clear plan forward yet.

I expect we'll be conservative with him, as there's no rush.

Worst case he's a sideways trade to somebody at ~$450k in a couple of months
Best case he's a ~100 average keeper

for $370k I reckon it's worth a crack

Might grab Cameron for Butters next week then.

Bloody sick of that soft kent. 😈

Same thing will happen to Cameron though when Grundy comes back. You will have to end up upgrading him.
I'd be very surprised to see Reg again in 2022, unless he flies thru recovery and we are in finals contention. By that time, with any luck, DC might be entrenched as 1st ruck, at least for the rest of this year.

He has won me over the last 2 weeks, I admit he is a much more rounded player than I thought previously. His efforts against Witts/Chol & Nankervis/Soldo have been heroic and even though pretty well beaten both days, 115 & 108 are very difficult to look away from.

I think the real smarties jumped on last week or even the week before, but he is well placed to be a top 6 F from here on. I am in.

with a BE of -8 and one big price rise already. its almost now or never.
.I have to bring 2 rookies and a premo defender in this week.

Don't mind paying a bit extra for Cameron next week if he tons up again.

How much would it cost to upgrade Butters to him?

.I have to bring 2 rookies and a premo defender in this week.

Don't mind paying a bit extra for Cameron next week if he tons up again.

How much would it cost to upgrade Butters to him?
Cameron 368K, BE -8, if he tons up circa 420K.

Butters 427K, BE 105, if he half-tons up, circa 400K.

IF,IF,IF.

Cameron 368K, BE -8, if he tons up circa 420K.

Butters 427K, BE 105, if he half-tons up, circa 400K.

IF,IF,IF.

Not too bad, that's doable for me.

Butters is the most frustrating player I've ever owned. Bloody soft roller-coaster campaigner.

Not too bad, that's doable for me.

Butters is the most frustrating player I've ever owned. Bloody soft roller-coaster campaigner.
Hinkley has no idea how to use Butters. His is not a big enough body to be a CBA player and he will never be a forward. His confidence is completely shot and his body is sore all over.
He uses the ball so creatively, you want it in his hands, in space. Play him off a wing, with a licence to run into the CBA to feed off Wines & Boak.
Even as a purely outside player, he'd rack up quality numbers and Port would have a real attacking avenue playing through him.
He is a playmaker, not a battering ram or a finisher.

I'd be very surprised to see Reg again in 2022, unless he flies thru recovery and we are in finals contention. By that time, with any luck, DC might be entrenched as 1st ruck, at least for the rest of this year.

He has won me over the last 2 weeks, I admit he is a much more rounded player than I thought previously. His efforts against Witts/Chol & Nankervis/Soldo have been heroic and even though pretty well beaten both days, 115 & 108 are very difficult to look away from.

I think the real smarties jumped on last week or even the week before, but he is well placed to be a top 6 F from here on. I am in.
Never been called a smartie before, I'll take that cause it won't last.
Posted this yesterday, don't know if it is of interest but here it is.

"shhh, can't you guys leave me just 1 POD

Suppose you won't- pricks, so i'll give you some of my reasoning. 204cm/100 kg entering prime big man age at 26.Thought he was a spud but don't think so after looking at his stats,only played 36 games 18 last year 7 this year, just starting and going to make cash as well as being better scoring than a rookie.
Don't think he is the most accomplished ruck but he isn't 1 dimensional,tackles for goodness sake,kicks a goal every now and then and gets involved and is now in a position that gets him near the ball to do so."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley has no idea how to use Butters. His is not a big enough body to be a CBA player and he will never be a forward. His confidence is completely shot and his body is sore all over.
He uses the ball so creatively, you want it in his hands, in space. Play him off a wing, with a licence to run into the CBA to feed off Wines & Boak.
Even as a purely outside player, he'd rack up quality numbers and Port would have a real attacking avenue playing through him.
He is a playmaker, not a battering ram or a finisher.
It’s hard with him, because his tackling and intensity at the contest is second to none when he’s on and any coach would want that around the ball, but he hasn’t got the body to sustain it and he is such a creative and efficient ball user. It’s a really tough question trying to use him best and let’s be honest Ken is hopeless.

Are North really going to keep playing Atu and Turner and these others spuds down back? Surely they need to move Zieb back to defence soon for experience.

I want Ziegull for $300k!

Are North really going to keep playing Atu and Turner and these others spuds down back? Surely they need to move Zieb back to defence soon for experience.

I want Ziegull for $300k!
Was saying this early in this thread .....surely NORTH will abandon a FAILED exercise of Ziebell fwd .....at $319K in 2 weeks, could you knock that back IF he moves back to defence

I desperately need another forward so I can play Martin in f6 over Durdin/Rosas. I was planning on just bringing in Goldy but felt pretty bad about it because he probably goes back to poor scoring when X comes back in a couple of weeks. After reading about Cameron in here I'll definitely go him instead, also gives me an extra 90k which makes next weeks upgrades way easier. Seems like a much better option all around, lets hope he keeps up the tonnes for a while (although even 70s would be a huge improvement on Durdin)

all this talk about cameron makes you think hes too good to pass up. issue is at this stage of the season. most of us are looking to complete our teams. i think those with like 24+ trades and 5-6 rooks on field can contemplate it. but for those of us with <20 trades and only 3ish rooks on field need to start looking at super premos only. i dont think i have the trades capacity to be bringing in a good midpricer when im so close to finalising my squad.

as good as a 90-100 avg fwd for the next 10+ weeks sounds... might have to give him a pass.

all this talk about cameron makes you think hes too good to pass up. issue is at this stage of the season. most of us are looking to complete our teams. i think those with like 24+ trades and 5-6 rooks on field can contemplate it. but for those of us with <20 trades and only 3ish rooks on field need to start looking at super premos only. i dont think i have the trades capacity to be bringing in a good midpricer when im so close to finalising my squad.

as good as a 90-100 avg fwd for the next 10+ weeks sounds... might have to give him a pass.

Spot on mate. And you have to weigh in the fact he's 2 trades, one in and one out as he ain't gonna be a keeper.

I don't see why if Grundy is fit there's any reason he doesn't play. From the point of injury he would return with over a month of footy to go.

Seems an easy player to have through the byes, then as an F7/R3/M9(with loops) for the remainder, cash won't be a problem this year. 380k for 100ppg for the next 8 weeks is a huge win for mine

Also he genuinely may be top 6 for the next 10 weeks so there's that to consider, there's currently only 3 forwards (+ English if he returns just as strong) averaging over 100ppg

Seems an easy player to have through the byes, then as an F7/R3/M9(with loops) for the remainder, cash won't be a problem this year. 380k for 100ppg for the next 8 weeks is a huge win for mine

Also he genuinely may be top 6 for the next 10 weeks so there's that to consider, there's currently only 3 forwards (+ English if he returns just as strong) averaging over 100ppg
the other thing to consider is he should get ruc fwd dpp. will come very handy for late stage carnage. i agree the 100avg for 380k is too hard to pass up. but collingwood are getting smashed in the ruck and i dont see that situation remaining for much longer.

tough one thats for sure.

I am the same boat. I have one defender and one SP mid to bring in and not many trades left. Then, not urgently, a ruck upgrade and luxury upgrades of Cogs/Brodie/Martin. Butters and NOD to Oliver/Steele or Stewart is the non-injury plan for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back