2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong has shown interest. Might make a play this year or next.

Darcy isn't exactly the most durable ruck going around. Neither is Lobb. Meek isn't perpetually stuck in the twos. He gets plenty of opportunity with Freo. He will get a good pay day in two years if he keeps developing on his current trajectory. His time will come, with us or elsewhere. Personally I would prefer if we could develop him into a proper ruck/forward. Would be better than selling the farm for Jackson.

I agree

I'd rather up his salary a chunk. Keep him as a backup as he's possibly the best backup going than paying Jackson 750k plus for years and handing over twp 1st rounders plus maybe Lobb.

Keep Lobb in his prime and getting Angus Brayshaw on to the wing with Acres, NOD and Aish rotating.

Lobb will be every bit as good as Jackson for the next few years and Freo might not have a salary cap squeeze come all these players comming out of contract.

This has to have cross over merch potential. Maybe a t-shirt with J-Lo in an Admirals uniform calling Kuek forth on it.
The crabener, the lobster and the kuekan…

Seafood buffet up front.

Maybe he loves the club
I think he's pretty well set up in his career here also.
I know for a fact he was working with a firm that handles superannuation investment strategies. Not sure if he is still involved with them but the fella I know that mentioned it said he was well regarded in the office and his football career had nothing to do with obtaining/keeping the role.

Given he's an intelligent bloke, maybe he is just content with his current situation outside of football. Either that or he is aware of how injury-prone the fridge is :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You can make a good career for yourself as a backup ruckman/journeyman professional. Nothing will increase his value more than being in a squad that succeeds too. Being kept out of a top four side by a top three ruckman looks a lot better than not getting a game in a bottom four side.

Here I was, periodically checking 7plus app for our WAFL game, then realising I’d completely missed it.

pretty s**t that treacy is out now… all our injuries are in our thinnest part of the ground. 😡🤦🏽‍♀️
Let me guess the in depth injury update from Dr Bell…..
Treacy tba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't expect him to ever get to a point where his kicking is seen as good, but I do expect him to get to a place where he doesn't take the kicks he won't make and considering he will win a lot of the hard ball himself moving it to any of the three players standing around him will make the difference.

Knowing he will win the ball will let one of our mids run laterally into space to take a mark earlier with that 20m kick and we retain possession.

I don't expect him to ever get to a point where his kicking is seen as good, but I do expect him to get to a place where he doesn't take the kicks he won't make and considering he will win a lot of the hard ball himself moving it to any of the three players standing around him will make the difference.

Knowing he will win the ball will let one of our mids run laterally into space to take a mark earlier with that 20m kick and we retain possession.
Love the optimism. For me it spins in the other direction to where I thought the club was heading with disposal skills.

Clearly the club wants an relentless inside bull for when Fyfe rides off into the sunset.

From comments about him pre-draft and since joining, it seems like Erasmus will do everything possible to improve.

People are very defensive about Ras's field kicking: It's awful. It's likely always going to be awful. Maybe if we're lucky it will improve to adequate.

Will still be one of the top inside mids in the AFL.

I hate to use a David king concept but Ras the “leg driver” type for me. He can hit the stoppage at pace and run away with it or he can get the ball in congestion and run away with it.

Those kind of players are worth their weight in gold at the moment. Field kicking is less important if you can do that because you are setting up 1v1s ahead of you due to the 6/6/6.

Ras will be a huge asset for us in the future. Is he going to pin point kicks under pressure like a Mundy ? Not yet. But maybe he will be in another 360 odd games 😂

Henry looks like he's bulked up a fair bit.

Played a very impactful game today. Looked really good.

Seemed like he looked about 5kg heavier than he did earlier in the season. Maybe covid knocked him around a bit and killed his appetite.

The west had him best afield which was interesting.

Seemed like he looked about 5kg heavier than he did earlier in the season. Maybe covid knocked him around a bit and killed his appetite.

The west had him best afield which was interesting.
Disclaimer: I dont have the time to watch a lot of footy so I've probably seen 2 Peel games this year. But the difference in Henry between this game to the one I watched much earlier is he is developing beautifully. He ran, created, defensive efforts were solid, and his kicking was elite. He looked more confident in himself.

I feel like after watching him yesterday he's developing into a S. Hill style player where he probably won't average 25 touches because he only needs 20 to destroy you. If he can become that guy then we're on a winner.

At the ground I actually had to look up Henry's number to see who he was - his haircut combined with how much he's bulked up I didn't even recognise him at first. He's put on a lot of muscle since I last saw him.

Also, don't think I've seen it mentioned but Kuek kicked an amazing goal to seal the game for the ressies when they were 1 point up with 30 seconds to go. Played on from a mark and slotted a booming kick from outside 50 on the boundary line.

Disclaimer: I dont have the time to watch a lot of footy so I've probably seen 2 Peel games this year. But the difference in Henry between this game to the one I watched much earlier is he is developing beautifully. He ran, created, defensive efforts were solid, and his kicking was elite. He looked more confident in himself.

I feel like after watching him yesterday he's developing into a S. Hill style player where he probably won't average 25 touches because he only needs 20 to destroy you. If he can become that guy then we're on a winner.
Can he play 100 percent outside or does he not have the pace?

Was he able to win his own ball?

Erasmus comes from the Andy Brayshaw school for tackling. He is so strong and the opposition rarely break his tackles.
Raz was a tackling machine yesterday. His pressure was fantastic and yeah he will be awesome as a 2 way running mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back