2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you guys forgetting about Francis Evans?

Would hopefully take Rohan’s role once he retires.

....and Willis?

I would talk about Willis, but i haven’t seen his highlight reel. I have seen Knevitt, Conway and Whyte play for falcons and club so I can give insight on those prospects. I’m walking into the season with no insight whatsoever about Willis.

Are you guys forgetting about Francis Evans?

Would hopefully take Rohan’s role once he retires.

I would talk about Willis, but i haven’t seen his highlight reel. I have seen Knevitt, Conway and Whyte play for falcons and club so I can give insight on those prospects. I’m walking into the season with no insight whatsoever about Willis.
I was just looking for a midfield group of 3 to name as that will be the highest churn section of the list

....and Willis?
Add him in too sure. I just wanted to name 3 mids

It's an interesting take. Having a look back at the most recent instagram posts there doesn't seem to be much of a pattern.

27/01 - Selwood - 2,811 likes
27/01 - Henry & Esava - 3,847
25/01 - Stewart, O'Connor, SDK, Jezza, Danger, Kolo - 4,985
24/01 - Blitz - 4,416
24/01 - O'Connor, Zuthrie, Blicavs - 2,737
24/01 - Danger & Parfitt - 4,555
23/01 - Stewart - 2,861

Dangerfield effect. Henry is also well loved.

Media so far I think I've only caught coverage of Holmes, Stengle, and SDK. The latter two sounding like Rd 1 starters

Yes very little on other names... like Kroeger etc. Prob fair enough being first year Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we start to get some other names ... like Stevens, Evans who are closer to ready

I fail to understand why we wear that stuff. We're not Hawthorn, we actually have good colours to pick from...use them!!!
$$$$ people won't buy a navy blue jumper every year.

I like having the different colours to be honest, it annoys me that the training singlets which would be good to purchase to run or gym in are normally only boring navy

Yes very little on other names... like Kroeger etc. Prob fair enough being first year Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we start to get some other names ... like Stevens, Evans who are closer to ready
Selwood said Stevens and Evans are looking good this year as two stand outs so far

They're in a position now where these kids are likely going to hit the seniors at some point through pure list turnover, if not before due to covid. I'd elect to keep pressure off at this point if possible. The media coverage of green shoots isn't worth risking hype

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're in a position now where these kids are likely going to hit the seniors at some point through pure list turnover, if not before due to covid. I'd elect to keep pressure off at this point if possible. The media coverage of green shoots isn't worth risking hype

Maybe.
Pressure can bend metal and pressure make diamonds. Attention and focus is required.. "in proportion". This is the AFL , one must embrace that high attention, the club must help and guide them but I don't believe in trying to minmize the experience. The best players embrace it.

I fail to understand why we wear that stuff. We're not Hawthorn, we actually have good colours to pick from...use them!!!

$$$$$ - different coloured training guernseys present new sales opportunities

Maybe.
Pressure can bend metal and pressure make diamonds. Attention and focus is required.. "in proportion". This is the AFL , one must embrace that high attention, the club must help and guide them but I don't believe in trying to minmize the experience. The best players embrace it.
The best diamond players are good to have but you can't get to 22 players without about 15 base metal types.

I'd be minimising the pressure at this point. They're going to get slapped by it real soon anyway

$$$$$ - different coloured training guernseys present new sales opportunities

I'd rather us play in a distinctly different coloured top when its deemed 'special round" or a clash. NB and white hoops is a strong jumper but it lacks for marketing. If we were starting now... I suspect we would have a third colour.

I'd rather us play in a distinctly different coloured top when its deemed 'special round" or a clash. NB and white hoops is a strong jumper but it lacks for marketing. If we were starting now... I suspect we would have a third colour.
I loved the purple one we had the other day - that looked awesome

Has he lost weight ..he looks fit.

JC needs a big year. 29 in april he is probably at the peak of his powers. Lets hope the hammys are an issue put tp bed and he plays 20 plus games in 22

If Jez plays 20+ games he will go very close to the Coleman. Last season he was 4th in the league for goals per game only behind McKay, Franklin and Walker... fair to assume the latter two may struggle to better that due to age/injury etc.

I loved the purple one we had the other day - that looked awesome

Id like to see some numbers... how many training tops they sell. The Indig jumpers. Pride jumpers. Clash jumpers. I think the days of wearing the same top all the time are done. Special games for special reasons... we may as well try to make some money of it. I doubt anything could look worse than the TShirts they have worn in some preseason games.

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back