2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d go tall if there’s one there. We are close to having a spine to contend with and I’d hope we draft the players that will take the longest to develop.

It also locks us in for what is likely to be a string of lowly finishes, which should give us the consecutive years of top round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to draft a ready made mid to even have the numbers to put a midfield on the park next year. With the retirements coming the cupboards are gonna be literally bare.

with 16 rds to finish off season 2022 this is what i see as a possible line up come rd 1. 2023 based on current form
looking to trade in a mid if possible(dont know who's available) and trade in a goal kicking HF because the days of Castagna & Aarts types are over
get currency for trading rioli & short whist we help out the 2 west aussie wingmen in getting them home
the 3 de listings are no suprise
ive got 11 spots,that may come back to 8 if 1 of rioli/short is kept.pickett retained & RCD given one last chance

gibcus tarrant grimes
broad valustin baker
ralphsmith prestia dow
clarke balta *****
martin lynch bolton

soldo ***** sonsie

inter: lambert brown nankervis graham

sub: ****

retired : cotchin,edwards,reiwoldt
trade : d.rioli short castagna
trade to WA ? : pickett mcintosh
de list : caddy aarts rcd

man this was the year for us to fall to shit - If we let the ass fall right out we will have 3 picks in the top 20 including a top 3. We would have had 8 picks in the top 30 over 2 years., not including whatever else we may have been able to trade in this year
**** that. Tanking always does more harm than good.

man this was the year for us to fall to shit - If we let the ass fall right out we will have 3 picks in the top 20 including a top 3. We would have had 8 picks in the top 30 over 2 years., not including whatever else we may have been able to trade in this year
Even if the ass was to fall out, there would've been no guarantees. The competition for a top 3 pick is more fierce than top 4

So you want to be norf

Clearly North realised that they messed up trading their second round pick so doing all they can to get a priority pick at end of first round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly North realised that they messed up trading their second round pick so doing all they can to get a priority pick at end of first round
I really hope the AFL don't reward them for their list management decisions. They opted for short term pain for long term gain and this is where they find themselves in the pain stage, you reap what you sow. Afl will probably offer an assistance package if the move to Tassie

The priority pick for shit clubs is just crap and the afl shouldnt be awarding them any longer
another 18 year old kid to add to all the kids is not going to improve them in a hurry

My view on what the AFL should do is if a club wins less than 4 games for the year for 3 years or less than 15 wins in 3 years

*Give the club extra 5 rookie spots
* Give them an extra $400k in the soft cap for development coach's

The priority pick for shit clubs is just crap and the afl shouldnt be awarding them any longer
another 18 year old kid to add to all the kids is not going to improve them in a hurry

My view on what the AFL should do is if a club wins less than 4 games for the year for 3 years or less than 15 wins in 3 years

*Give the club extra 5 rookie spots
* Give them an extra $400k in the soft cap for development coach's
Yeah, I hated the fact we got a priority pick we got in 2004, even before Richie Tambling was a bust. Didn't want priority picks to exist at the time, and despise them even more nowadays.

Based on current ladder positions, if we got a first and a second from gws for Dusty, our total haul would be-

4, 11, 20, 22, 29

ron swanson computer GIF

So you want to be norf

No, I want to be Richmond. We enabled losing to get Cotchin & Dusty, people like to forget that these 2 generational players came to us from the top 3 picks due to us accepting a willingness to lose for a year. Without either 1 of them we never make a single Grand Final, let alone win 3

The Dynasty was built on a variety of draft and trading moves that included enabling losing for 2 years. The sooner we can get the 2 young potential elite guys we need, the sooner we can hopefully still cash in on the final years of Dusty, Lynch, Grimes etc. Wait too long and they will miss the boat & then the rebuild takes longer as we have a big experienced elite player hole

Remove this Banner Ad

2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back