News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee already? Maybe trying to acclimatise
Just lock yourself in the bathroom put the heating on full tip a bucket of water over your head as you walk out to meet the day! No problem! Is Cairns FNQ...same thing anyway! Probably not so bad there this time of year is it? I really feel for them playing up there! Lucky they're young and fit!

Last edited:

Saw that. Awesome from Hill.

But cynical me feels David King pointed it out to draw attention to it in a bid to make the umpires have a look at it.
The better we get the more attention we attract....at first they come looking for the cracks...if they don't manifest then they start to try and bring you down with bouquets.....and if we plough through all of that ...well then? ....then maybe we're the real thing!!....And after that?.......Even better than the real thing! Ways to go yet!

I agree its difficult to trust any of them and neither should we!

Last edited:
Wonder if Marshall is up there. Havnt seen him on any of the socials. Probably up there just taking it easy with the cork

WBiuMsp.jpg

Not St Kilda related... but I've been watching how this unfolded.

Paddy's role in the Swans backline was to intercept mark, many times he was going back with the flight of the ball.

We were constantly told by experts that he would be better (less chance of getting injured) in the backline but I tend to disagree.

Backmen make it a habit of standing in holes where forwards will be charging in to, there is more chance of a unintentional/unexpected collision here.

We all wish Paddy all the best, but I'm not sure being a backman makes it any safer than being a forward.

His motion in the first collision backing into an oncoming forward was exactly the sort of stuff that he did that got him in trouble at the Saints. If he wasn’t getting hit by forwards on the lead then his head was hitting the ground hard as he fell backwards.

He really needs to make some adjustments to the way he plays for his own good.

The Swans taking a big risk and every new collision diminishes St Kilda’s culpability if he sustains a long term brain injury.

I don't think the clubs are probably liable. It would be the AFL that would wear the costs.

I'm prepared to let experts work out his suitability to keep playing, the woman I spoke to said that they think getting close together concussions might be the worst for long term outcomes. As long as he doesn't get them in close succession it might be okay.

Does this mean the time out after failing a concussion test should be longer for Paddy?

Does this mean the time out after failing a concussion test should be longer for Paddy?

It sounds like for all players. I can't remember exactly what she said but I think it was like a 3 months kind of range of danger period depending on severity. I've had a few concussions but luckily not in quick succession and while I'm a bit slow I think that's just my natural capacity limitations.

“If you tick three of the four boxes — ranking top six — 19 out of 21 times you go on to make a prelim over the last decade,” Hoyne said.

“[St Kilda] are ticking all four.”

season 2 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
i will only take the lid off after the next 4-5 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His motion in the first collision backing into an oncoming forward was exactly the sort of stuff that he did that got him in trouble at the Saints. If he wasn’t getting hit by forwards on the lead then his head was hitting the ground hard as he fell backwards.

He really needs to make some adjustments to the way he plays for his own good.

The Swans taking a big risk and every new collision diminishes St Kilda’s culpability if he sustains a long term brain injury.
Might be a dark way to look at thing but if god forbid something bad does happen and he suffers permeant damage. This it will be on Sydney and not us. Which is a positive

Of the four stats, what is being referred to when they say 'with the footy' and 'without the footy'?
Is it workrate?
If you watch the earlier episodes they explain it in detail. Those terms are basically umbrella terms for an amalgamation of a few stats. So, with the footy would be things like scores per inside 50, inside 50s per game, etc. Without the footy are things like contested possessions, pressure acts, etc.

Pardon the intrusion and I’m guessing maybe some WA Saints may have shared this but

View attachment 1386867

Well done Saints. Out of the top 6 teams Saints have had the toughest schedule and are the number 1 team in the comp from the first six weeks.

thanks for the share,

I find this very interesting because the back part of our schedule is widely seen as the toughest in footy, with our first half seemingly being easier. However, if this is accurate, basically goes to show that from start to finish we have had the toughest draw in the AFL.

thanks for the share,

I find this very interesting because the back part of our schedule is widely seen as the toughest in footy, with our first half seemingly being easier. However, if this is accurate, basically goes to show that from start to finish we have had the toughest draw in the AFL.

Looking at it now:

• Port away - MEDIUM
  • Melbourne away - HARD
  • Cats home - HARD
  • Crows away - MEDIUM
  • Kangas home - EASY
  • Lions away - HARD
  • Essendon home - MEDIUM?
  • Swans away - HARD
  • Blues home - MEDIUM
  • Freo home - MEDIUM
  • Doggies home - MEDIUM
  • Eagles away - EASY?
  • Hawks home - MEDIUM?
  • Cats away - HARD
  • Lions home - MEDIUM
  • Swans home - MEDIUM

I give us 2 easy games, 9 medium games, 5 hard games.

That said, some of the games are obviously hard to tell. Like will it be an easy game when we play Essendon at Docklands? If they're still playing the way they are right now then we should beat them easily but they might be good then. No idea what the Eagles will be like when we play them in three months, they might be good again by then or could be terrible. Hawks might have run out of legs by the end of the year.

But certainly looks pretty hard overall.

thanks for the share,

Yeah we've copped a lot of crap for having an easy fixture. In reality, those comments are based on last year's ladder. Who we've played this season are actually the better teams. Plus a tougher second half of the fixture. Plus we're the only team travelling to Canberra, Cairns, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth x2, and Geelong. Plus we play Sydney, Geelong, Brisbane, Fremantle and Hawthorn all twice.

Anyone who says we have an easy fixture is a dope.

Pardon the intrusion and I’m guessing maybe some WA Saints may have shared this but

View attachment 1386867

Well done Saints. Out of the top 6 teams Saints have had the toughest schedule and are the number 1 team in the comp from the first six weeks.
I looked at the schedules of the top 8 last week to see if we've had the "easy fixture" the media keeps saying we had. Turned out we'd probably had the toughest, along with Hawthorn.

“If you tick three of the four boxes — ranking top six — 19 out of 21 times you go on to make a prelim over the last decade,” Hoyne said.

“[St Kilda] are ticking all four.”

season 2 episode 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I'll remove the lid when we the word premiers is next to our name.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back