Resource 2022 Tickets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to upgrade our 6 game membership GA tickets to reserved seats. This is what we always do, however it is showing that there is either only single seats or no seats available in all areas for the game tomorrow. I find it very very hard to believe that we are close to selling out against Sydney in an early Saturday arvo game. Our crowds have been horrendous all year.
Have never had any issues at all doing this in the past, always heaps of options, so not sure what is happening here.

What kind of luddite backwater are we if we can't handle digital ticketing in 2022?

Jesus.
You'd be surprised how many oldies don't have a smart phone.

I have heard a few complaints about it on SA sports programs, but if you listen to SEN between 9 and 5, it is constant complaints on emails, text and callers, and I'm assuming the large majority are from Vic based supporters, who are used to just rocking up to MCG mainly, and Docklands and buying a ticket at the gate. That is a different part of the footy economy there compared to Perth Stadium, AO and SCG where 90%+ of attendees have memberships.

How hard is it to make it so samsung phones can be read by the turnstile scanners and not just the hand held scanners though

Yeah, I'm not just talking about the punters. A facility the calibre of Adelaide Oval should have this shit worked out.

Let's get physical: Support for AFL backflip on digital tickets
"The AFL has decided to re-introduce physical tickets from next year after blaming digital ticketing for potentially its lowest attended season in 26 years.
CEO Gillon McLachlan says people “hate digital ticketing”, while 50 per cent of people say digital tickets and the issues surrounding them are influencing their attendance."

Dangerfield wait continues, AFL acts on digital ticket complaints

"The AFL has moved to give people the option of using physical cards to gain admission to the football after accepting the negative impact digital ticketing was having on crowds.

Departing CEO Gillon McLachlan confirmed that the league had reached a deal with ticketing agencies across the country he hoped would end the difficulties supporters faced when trying to buy tickets for games.
Speaking at ‘Spud’s Lunch’ in Richmond, McLachlan acknowledged that surveys had shown that the No.1 issue stopping people attending post-COVID was digital ticketing."

Apologies if everyone knows this already.
Thank christ for this. Major theme in my feedback form was the garbage ticketing. The ridiculous lines and pace to get in is just crazy. It isnt covid slowing us up now, its just the process. Waiting 10 mins minimum to get in each week is stupid.

The technology is ok, and probably good enough to use these days, but general users aren't capable yet. They should never have dropped the physical tickets until it was far easier.

Thank christ for this. Major theme in my feedback form was the garbage ticketing. The ridiculous lines and pace to get in is just crazy. It isnt covid slowing us up now, its just the process. Waiting 10 mins minimum to get in each week is stupid.

The technology is ok, and probably good enough to use these days, but general users aren't capable yet. They should never have dropped the physical tickets until it was far easier.
Most of us have plastic cards/tickets for Port games, not paper.

Most of us have plastic cards/tickets for Port games, not paper.
Since when? If so, how'd you get them? Not that it would matter too much if I got some. Need the other 50k members fiddling and fumbling with their phones and failing to have the cards for quicker scanning anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back