Opinion 2023 AFL Draft Prospects

Who do you want for our first pick at the AFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if we lose to cats we will probably finish 11th which gives us pick 8. Should be able to draft a decent player before the Croft bid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And if the Cats want Smith, least we'd have two top 10 picks to look forward to. Then we could have the draft to be excited by, I am already in off-season mode, even if we somehow upset the Cats and make the finals.

Last edited:
George Stevens has to.be our number 1
The strongest clearance player in the draft and looked way suited against afl bodies in his vfl debut

If they get to pre list Sanders, won't that also open it up to other players they can pre list? Schoenmaker and Callinan might be others they can take for example.

I can't see it happening personally. There's been a fair bit of backlash from other recruiters reportedly also.

If they get to pre list Sanders, won't that also open it up to other players they can pre list? Schoenmaker and Callinan might be others they can take for example.

I can't see it happening personally. There's been a fair bit of backlash from other recruiters reportedly also.
Honestly think the extra draft pick or pre selection will be based on what free agent compo they get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George Stevens has to.be our number 1
The strongest clearance player in the draft and looked way suited against afl bodies in his vfl debut

From Fox

In his second game for the Cats’ VFL side, GWV Rebels midfielder George Stevens finished with a team-high 29 disposals, five inside 50s, five marks, four clearances and four rebound 50s in a loss to Collingwood.

It comes after Stevens’ hot run at Coates Talent League level, racking up 44, 236 and 33 disposals from his past three matches.

Despite his form and obvious traits, Stevens looms as one of this year’s most polarising draft prospects.

Stevens is a powerfully-built 189cm prospect who plays with great presence and is hard to push over in the contest. But what recruiters like about him is his post-clearance work, with his cleanliness, decision-making skills and natural ball-winning ability.

At the same time, there are question marks on Stevens’ athletic profile and whether he has AFL-level speed and agility.

One scout told foxfooty.com.au Stevens is an early to middle second-round prospect, while another would be hesitant to take him in the national draft.

I don't think we can carry another slow mid.

Pick 8 is in the OSullivan and Wilson range.
I would love either.

If we end up with pick 8, I have us getting Wilson at 10 (Walter & Read to Suns pushing pick 8 out by 2). O’Sullivan to Essendon the pick before.

I’d be happy with Wilson. He and Gallagher would probably get a go at flank/wing spots as early as next year.

The random outcome would be Dodoro making a bid on Croft at 9 and we either match or pass to take Wilson or O’Sullivan instead and either way retain pick 17 as a live pick.

If Essendon went for Wilson over O’Sullivan I’d lol. Would be such a Dodoro pick.

If we end up with pick 8, I have us getting Wilson at 10 (Walter & Read to Suns pushing pick 8 out by 2). O’Sullivan to Essendon the pick before.

I’d be happy with Wilson. He and Gallagher would probably get a go at flank/wing spots as early as next year.

The random outcome would be Dodoro making a bid on Croft at 9 and we either match or pass to take Wilson or O’Sullivan instead and either way retain pick 17 as a live pick.

If Essendon went for Wilson over O’Sullivan I’d lol. Would be such a Dodoro pick.

Wilson is the Deodoro pick. OSullivan just isn’t. Which is why I think we get him. I don’t like the other choices in that range but OS would be great in 2-3 years.

Dodo does love a bid.

I think pick 9 or 10 is too high for Croft even with the discount attached to it. Were probably better taking an actual key defender rather then hoping Croft becomes one anyway.

Agree.

He is more the fourth choice KPF or fourth choice KPD.

A bid should come after at least 6KPP & 6 midfielders & 1 ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2023 AFL Draft Prospects

Back