Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Fair enough. I'd only be guessing as to whether he'll be a decent player, a good player or a great player. At the price we'd have to pay to get pick 1 I'd want a rolled gold guarantee he'll be a multiple All-Australian.

Id much rather us keep our F1 regardless of how good I think hell be. Hes hardly a need and we have more than enough holes to fill as is.

Fair enough. I'd only be guessing as to whether he'll be a decent player, a good player or a great player. At the price we'd have to pay to get pick 1 I'd want a rolled gold guarantee he'll be a multiple All-Australian.
I’m no expert but I like following the draft every year.

He looks to me like he’s going to be a beast. You can generally project them to the age of 24/25 and expect they’ll be able to handle the physicality of the AFL in the same manner as they did in the juniors.

If they have the right mentality, competitive traits and work ethic then even better.

This guy frankly reminds me of Christian Petracca at the same age, and probably even better.

Because our list is so strong at the moment, I’m in the camp of selling the farm to get Harley Reid.

not sure if this has already been floated, but would something like this be plausible?

Melb gives North picks 6 and 11
North gives Melb picks 3 and 17
North gives WCE picks 2 and 6
WCE gives North Picks 1 and 23 (and maybe some other swapping of later picks)

Melb gets 3 and 17 (cost 6 and 11)
WCE gets 2 and 6 (cost 1 and 23)
North gets 1, 11 and 23 (cost (2, 3 and 17)

North paying a little overs in this scenario, but if they want harley reid then fair play

would we want to do that, would north and wce be interested? have wce already rejected better offers than this?

not sure if this has already been floated, but would something like this be plausible?

Melb gives North picks 6 and 11
North gives Melb picks 3 and 17
North gives WCE picks 2 and 6
WCE gives North Picks 1 and 23 (and maybe some other swapping of later picks)

Melb gets 3 and 17 (cost 6 and 11)
WCE gets 2 and 6 (cost 1 and 23)
North gets 1, 11 and 23 (cost (2, 3 and 17)

North paying a little overs in this scenario, but if they want harley reid then fair play

would we want to do that, would north and wce be interested? have wce already rejected better offers than this?

I think the North getting Reid for 2 and 6 part is a decent deal for North and WC but I think we’d be getting an overly generous deal getting up to 3 just for downgrading 11 to 17.
We’d have to lose something else.

I’m no expert but I like following the draft every year.

He looks to me like he’s going to be a beast. You can generally project them to the age of 24/25 and expect they’ll be able to handle the physicality of the AFL in the same manner as they did in the juniors.

If they have the right mentality, competitive traits and work ethic then even better.

This guy frankly reminds me of Christian Petracca at the same age, and probably even better.

Because our list is so strong at the moment, I’m in the camp of selling the farm to get Harley Reid.
Yep I'm all in on the idea.

Apparently Daniel Curtin's manager said in a recent interview that he spoke to Melbourne and they have said that they will take him if he's still there at pick 6
Manager tries to get player taken as early as possible. Hold the phones

Apparently Daniel Curtin's manager said in a recent interview that he spoke to Melbourne and they have said that they will take him if he's still there at pick 6

Probably another Goody lie!!! :madv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Man Good Job GIF
Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
Season 2 Nod GIF by The Office
The Rock Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

it's a risk I don't want to take. Killed us with Jackson, same thing is happening with Petty.
It helped us win a flag with Jackson, Rivers, Pickett, ANB, Petty and Sparrow.

Jackson leaving hardly killed us – played an important role in the flag, then we were adequately compensated for his loss (especially if Curtin slips to pick 6).

You take the risk on the best available player every time.

Jackson leaving hardly killed us – played an important role in the flag, then we were adequately compensated for his loss (especially if Curtin slips to pick 6).

Yeah **** the risk, I'd rather stay safe an draft good Victorian boys like Oliver and Smith 🎉

I don't buy into this 'it helped us win a flag' talk. Maybe we lost last years flag because of losing Jackson. We should've gone Tom Green. Yes, we got compensated and, at best, the draft pick becomes as good as the player you lose but the odds are stacked against them. Like with any top 10 pick, there's a 50% chance they don't make it at afl level or just become average role players.

Curtin could be the next Granger-barrass, Troy Chaplin type.

I personally don't see the hype. Versatility is overrated. Unless the player is a gun at both ends. But Curtin looks just a flanker type to me. No stand out traits. Moves ok but that well for his size.

Connor Nash is taller than Curtin and can play full time inside mid.

I don't buy into this 'it helped us win a flag' talk. Maybe we lost last years flag because of losing Jackson. We should've gone Tom Green. Yes, we got compensated and, at best, the draft pick becomes as good as the player you lose but the odds are stacked against them. Like with any top 10 pick, there's a 50% chance they don't make it at afl level or just become average role players.

We would never have got Tom green as he was part of the GWS academy rort.

I don't buy into this 'it helped us win a flag' talk. Maybe we lost last years flag because of losing Jackson.
Not sure I get that logic. If we 'lost the flag' because of losing Jackson, does it mean we would've lost in 2021 without him? In which case, we drafted a player who helped us win a flag, and then received compo that could help us win another one.

The next three picks were Lachie Ash, Dylan Stephens and Fisher McAsey. I think we're in a much better position for having drafted Jackson over those three. Granted, Serong and Young at 7 & 8 were good/great picks, but I'd expect Curtin to be at least as good as Young, and his size and skill gives him as much—or more—upside as Serong. Green's a pretty irrelevant argument as he was an academy pick.

Bloody Tim Lam, Bloody Jason Taylar

Should have got Tom Green!!!

:triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back