Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I'm still taking this all with a MASSIVE grain of salt, but with most outlets starting to pick it up and run with it, it's safe to assume the club will put it to bed in the next day or so, especially given some of the things included in those articles.

If they don't, well, maybe things could get a little interesting.

Still, can't see it happening.

What a head-**** this is. Must be some smoke if the club hasn't come out and categorically denied he may be possible for trade.

We do have a surplus of inside mids, so I am aboard the idea of trading one to fix up other areas but wow, trading one of your best players in their prime years is a massive, massive call.

Might depend on Gus' health too; if we have Trac, Viney, Gus, Sparrow, Riv and maybe Harmes, Woewodin, Kozzie... that's not a bad midfield.

So it does kind of make sense if we get something massive in return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OK, I was happy to let the discussion about Clayton Oliver in this thread be if it was relevant to the trade period; however, the past 10 pages or so have just went around in circles with no new information shared.

Until a time comes when Oliver requests a trade, please use this thread to talk discuss whether he's the greatest Demon ever, or worse than Tom Gillies: Player Watch - #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player... or is he overrated? Debate within.
Consider the embargo temporarily lifted until the club makes a statement denying the rumours.

Club publicly declared Spargo is a required player but have been silent on Clarry 👀
Finally prioritising guys who can hit a target even if they are only 7 metres away.

Consider the embargo temporarily lifted until the club makes a statement denying the rumours.
This is what you get for trying to reasonably moderate the Dees board.

Trac, Viney, Gus, Sparrow, Riv and maybe Harmes, Woewodin, Kozzie - that's not a bad midfield.
Trac - elite, needed forward part time
Viney - excellent, turns 30 next year
Gus - good, one concussion away from retirement if he comes back at all
Sparrow - solid, could take the next step
Riv - untried in the midfield
Woey - shown a little bit, would take an almighty leap of faith
Harmes - cooked
Kozzy - at best a 50/50 split

It's not a "bad" midfield, but it isn't far away from it.

This has been an epic few weeks for the #ARG ... literally everything coming up roses. :sweatsmile:

This has been an epic few weeks for the #ARG ... literally everything coming up roses. :sweatsmile:
Especially the part where we bungled out in straight sets. You guys must be thrilled with the results!

Especially the part where we bungled out in straight sets. You guys must be thrilled with the results!

Im not as vindictive as TK, I wish I was wrong on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tom Morris is running with it it definitely has legs. Still will take a pretty decent deal but bit of egg on face for those who laughed that we'd even consider it.

Im going to start an apology thread for those that want to say sorry if it happens. I expect it will only have one post in it but ill be there waiting if anyone wants to drop by. :)

If Tom Morris is running with it it definitely has legs. Still will take a pretty decent deal but bit of egg on face for those who laughed that we'd even consider it.

Where’s the evidence that we’re “considering it”? Club has dead batted calls from journos about it.

I don't think anyone calling for it even thought of it as a chance tbf

Im going to start an apology thread for those that want to say sorry if it happens. I expect it will only have one post in it but ill be there waiting if anyone wants to drop by. :)

I’m starting an apology to Clarry thread if it doesn’t. Loser writes a mea culpa in the other’s thread. Deal?

The article paints a picture of a guy who’s off the rails. The club either throws their arms around him or pushes him out. I’d be trying to get him the support to get him right if that’s what he needs. Trading is an absolute last resort. Sounds like we’ll be reading him for picks to land Reid. Who’d have thought a guy who has never played at AFL level would be worth as much as one of the genuine elite players.

Looking forward to it. We can pow-wow about the mid-first round pick we get now that his off-field issues are about to be splashed across the back of every paper in the city. I could just about respect the notion that the club should be brave at the trade table and fetch a big price for an asset that other teams would kill for. How many teams are lining up with a godfather offer now?

This is total mismanagement by the MFC. Especially letting the information leak at 9pm on a Tuesday - a time they can't control it. A coach with Goodwin's - ahem - 'personal issues' should be far more sympathetic than this.

Maybe Bartlett was right…

“All I wanted to do, was create the very best environment for all of our people, not sack people because they had made a mistake or two, but make sure I could look every parent in the eye and say I was doing everything to create the best environment which was free of illegal drugs, gambling, workplace bullying, sexual harassment, infidelity, bad behaviour … that’s what I was about.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back