List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
192cm defender, intercept and one-on-one. I don't watch Giants reserves but a decent kick and when he debuted in May the write up said he'd been playing well often as the only listed defender.
Well, let's tell him he doesn't need to leave Sydney after all. Although, in saying that, he certainly didn't set the world on fire in his two games this year.

192cm defender, intercept and one-on-one. I don't watch Giants reserves but a decent kick and when he debuted in May the write up said he'd been playing well often as the only listed defender.

Rampe replacement.

Draft year play in def but also as a utility.

Wanted him late in his draft year.

Rampe replacement.

Draft year play in def but also as a utility.

Wanted him late in his draft year.
It's a weird one, I know he was a late pick and they have other defenders around that height, but would have thought they could at least see if they could get a future pick for him.

I really hate priority picks and absolutely think they shouldn't be permitted to be traded on. Use it or lose it, basically. Arguably, the VFL's generosity with priority picks in the 2000-10 period badly skewed the competition in Hawthorn's favour. If North win any premierships in the next 10 years there should be a big asterisk next to it.

Mid second round. Has a long queue of inside mids ahead of him at GoCo, just as Stevo has wingers ahead of him at our mob.

Think Hollands has huge upside and has a big bag of tricks. Can see he and Gus being our bookend extractors.

Unless LolNorf make a decent offer I’d be happy to walk Stevo to the Eagles via PSD.

If Dyl wants to go to a Melbourne club, West Coast won’t want him in their system. List places are too precious to waste on someone who doesn’t want to be there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can they trade something that could be "reviewed " hyperthicly, end of 1st might not exist for nth next year. So where does that leave us of we trade this year?
I think Future end of 1st round should be used by North to secure Dyl Stephens. They may as well trade one of those pics to ensure they use it and it’s around fair value.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you heard that one tick?
Got 2 separate media sources. Cal Twomey saying definitely, the other saying we're one of 3 chasing "Melbourne midfielder James Jordon is expected to land with the Swans after alerting the Demons of his desire to explore the open market."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back