Analysis 2023 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

We added Cowan last year as a half back flanker, our mid field could still do with more outside run, Simpson was more suited based on our list needs for next year.
How we rate the campo boys even a year out obviously impacts draft selections.

If we think that Ben is a top notch in/out midfielder (which he looks like he will be) and Lucas is judged as a chance to be a very good outside midfielder then with E. Hollands (inside mid) and O. Hollands (potential outside mid) that would be 4 mids added to the list from 2022 - 2024.

Doesn't become such a position of need then.

I wanted Simpson but I’m not unhappy with adding a running defender

Saad is 30
Docherty is now a mid
Williams is 29
Cowan is a bigger type
l would suggest Saad & Williams are good for another 2 years.
We are in the window now, so think adding Simpson was a much better choice for the next two years.

There’s bolters all over the place. Which reflects the talk that the clubs don’t have a consistent view on the players below 15. Yeah, Wilson might have been a rookie pick. But so would have Fawcett and Fonti and a couple of others. And Archie Roberts and Schoenmaker are still on there!

Anyway, I liked the look of Billy when he was linked to us a couple of weeks ago. View hasn’t changed. He can kick and he is quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddy Dow was also a future AA and total gun on that site as well. Rookie me central is a total wankfest and find me a negative on ANY player in the draft??

Believe what you will and it is like a shifter Sheehan type run down where no kid has a weakness and everyone drafted is going to be a AA and total gun.

You seem to be very naive.
My eyes tell me that his kicking is fine. Ball butcher? You might have to venture out of the cot and pick up all of the toys that you have thrown out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do lack speed but in the middle…we have poor midfield depth imo but we seem to not draft mids
Wilson moved to midfield late in the season for 4 games and averaged 27 disposals which demonstrates he is certainly capable of a midfield role in time.

We do lack speed but in the middle…we have poor midfield depth imo but we seem to not draft mids

I think the nature of the game sees speedy half backs pushing forward and speedy half forwards pushing back during regular play.

It's only 6-6-6 at centre bounces that this is a huge concern but we are built for clearances there.

One year I'd like to watch draft coverage with Evil Shifter. "Gawd that's an awful selection, shocking kick and soft as butter". Reckon it'd be great viewing.
Will never happen. He doesnt even talk about a player’s weaknesses and he is such a bellboy.

No kid has a weakness according to him and he is such a shill. You can discuss a players downsides ffs and what they need to work on.

Paddy Dow was also a future AA and total gun on that site as well. Rookie me central is a total wankfest and find me a negative on ANY player in the draft??

Believe what you will and it is like a shifter Sheehan type run down where no kid has a weakness and everyone drafted is going to be a AA and total gun.

You seem to be very naive.
You're right, it was only Draft Central that hyped Paddy, it wasn't like every single website and draft guru had him as a top 5 pick... sometimes it just doesn't pan out man (for what it's worth I reckon he would have been a solid player at another club as our player development was dogshit at the time).

I think the nature of the game sees speedy half backs pushing forward and speedy half forwards pushing back during regular play.

It's only 6-6-6 at centre bounces that this is a huge concern but we are built for clearances there.

I don’t think speed is an issue anymore. We have quick options all over the ground

We've sucked for so long that we're not used to being able to draft with the long-term view firmly on mind

We're a good team now.

Relax.

Do you know why it’s called Foxy’s Hangout? Interesting history / story behind it.
I lived on the Peninsula for twenty years! Had a beach Box!! It's where the fox hunters used to hang the dead foxes in Balnarring Rd. When I first moved down there I was challenged by a long term local (born and bred type as to where is it and what's it mean)
I'm an official twenty year Domana local, I lived there when they won one game a year! The young Wilson kid was two years ahead of my son at the Primary School. Don't like the Drugmana slur, it's actually the heart and soul of the Peninsula, unlike our cousins from the pointy bit, blow in's really....
Nuff said, my daughter still lives in McCrae, now that's a beautiful spot..

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back