Analysis 2023 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Born and bred in the oldest town in Vic…but I do agree the blowins have taken over and ****ed the joint
Still a great place to grow up back in the day.
Don’t worry about the Drugmana ref, our term for Rye people “dog f*****s” is much more offensive!

I reckon that's enough hyper-regionalism, at least in this thread

Can only comment on Simpson highlights but looked one paced, one sided and didn't add anything to what we already have bullwise

No, he's quick and has that burst from stoppages.

Newman, Saad, Williams and Docherty all nudging 30. All playing well, and have years ahead of them, but definitely in the later stage of career.

Then we have Boyd, Cincotta, Cowan and now Wilson coming in behind them.

Am I dreaming or do actually have some actual list management going on? Is this really Carlton?

Newman, Saad, Williams and Docherty all nudging 30. All playing well, and have years ahead of them, but definitely in the later stage of career.

Then we have Boyd, Cincotta, Cowan and now Wilson coming in behind them.

Am I dreaming or do actually have some actual list management going on? Is this really Carlton?
I reckon it's Cook's influence, I can see it too, it's different...

Collingwood would likely have taken Billy if we hadn't - they were very interested.

I know the family - spoke with a close family member last week who was saying that he had met with most clubs, some on more than one occasion. Apparently we were always keen, but the Collingwood recruiters were heading down again last week to meet him and the family.

I haven't met Billy personally, but he comes from a quality family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood would likely have taken Billy if we hadn't - they were very interested.

I know the family - spoke with a close family member last week who was saying that he had met with most clubs, some on more than one occasion. Apparently we were always keen, but the Collingwood recruiters were heading down again last week to meet him and the family.

I haven't met Billy personally, but he comes from a quality family.
This why I'm confused as to the people saying "he was expected to go as a rookie, why not trade out and pick him in the 60's?"

Uuuuh, because obviously they had info that he'd probably be gone by then?

If he's at the top of our board and we expect him to go within the next 10-15 or so picks, why leave it to chance and try and trade back to get an extra future 5th or something silly we're never going to use? Just pick him and be done with it.

Really happy with Ashton Moir based on his draft portfolio. I don't really have to much to say about Billy Wilson other than I didn't really see him as a need but best of luck /welcome to the club

Hoping tomorrows Rookie Draft results in a KPD or midfielder with clearance and speed ability. I think those are our weak areas with aging players or just being thin in that area e.g Weitering

Anyone know if there is anyone who would be best available for either those areas....

**I would have loved getting Caddy but that was never realistic with our picks 😊😉🫠

Maybe the rumours about Arie's off-field behaviour have some teeth, I can't think why else someone rated by most in the 15-30 range looks like not even being drafted.

Yeah i was just thinking that myself

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back