Position 2023 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect a popular structure will be

3 premiums (Cogs, Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee)
1-2 mid pricers (Thomas, Wingard, McLean)
1-2 rookies
Wingard is an interesting one priced in the 50's. Surely gets some mid time with Titch and JOM gone. He's averaged 90 a few times before in the years he had a little time on ball

I'd still rather go McLean over him who's even cheaper but big doubts on role

Butters L5 107, L3 117 will be in my team if fit, getting midfield time, and wearing body armour.

At this point I've got,
Taranto - Rozee - Gulden
O.Allen - Sheezel - Phillipou
(Sinn - Van Ruyen)

Last edited:
Wingard is an interesting one priced in the 50's. Surely gets some mid time with Titch and JOM gone. He's averaged 90 a few times before in the years he had a little time on ball

I'd still rather go McLean over him who's even cheaper but big doubts on role
I can not bring myself to touch Wingard

Body is a huge concern, we are prioritising the youth so he may attend some but i wouldn't be confident it will be a lot and he will be needed forward for us to threaten to kick anything close to a winning score.

McLean for sure over him imo

Don't mind a few mid pricers -

Long (Priced 58, 513k) - Moved to HB, think 20+ points of upside priced at 58. Scored 138 in his last and only game at HB. Def eligible so probs better there. Will watch for kick ins, and still needs to cement a best 22 spot.

Flanders (Priced 57, 508k) - 117 VFL average. Can only ever be 4th string mid you'd think at GC. Almost had a 50 disposal game in VFL. Hopefully explodes in preseason.

Connor MacDonald (Priced 56, 497k). Ok hear me out, this guy will be a mid premo eventually. Averaged 70 in his last 5 playing the deadest HF role you'll see, always positioned way further up from stoppage. Is involved in some midfield drills this preseason and put on some kgs. Apart from Newcombe I'm not sure who gets regular CBAs, Moore is training with the forwards at the moment. Ward, Worpel, Stephens, Day all competing. Worth watching for his CBAs and how he looks, was a pig in juniors (2nd most disp per game to Daicos in that draft year). Was thrown in a handful of cbas and kept getting his hands on it in 2022.

Milera (Priced 50, 441k) - Always been a bit of a fraud but he will open the season with a cushy HB role. Barely got a preseason last year. Spits the dummy when he's not at half back.

McLean (Priced 47, 401k) - Scored 100 in the final in a high half forward role, spent time around stoppages. He can do 80+ in the same role, hopefully some cbas like 2018 when he was a premo.

Added Treacy @ $310k to watchlist/fav
See what Freo do with Jackson/Darcy/Taberner but Treacy still got games even with Lobb there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto 2 from 2 in the time trials at Richmond

Can he beat their system
It's a tough one!!

• Only one midfielder (Prestia) has gone over 90 for Richmond in the past 5 years
  • Only 8 times has a player averaged over 90 in the past 5 years
  • Only twice in the past 5 years has any player averaged over 100 in the past 5 years

And of those numbers, most were HBF players!!!

I have him going at 102 on my projection spreadsheet and being the 3rd fwd at seasons end but with only the 5th best upside of my projected top 6.

Currently not in my starting side and unless the Richmond system looks different, I don't think that will change for now

Interesting Moirea has Butters over Rozee and Taranto over Cogs in the fowards
Can see logic in TT over Cogs. Although Cogs has some Leon Cameron built into his price while TT does too he now has Richmond game plan to counteract it.

Butters/Rozee are same price. Rozee played mostly forward first few weeks and his role really developed more and more as the year progressed. Butters has some injury/sick impacted scores but not convinced his role will be as good as the Rozee one now.

Can see logic in TT over Cogs. Although Cogs has some Leon Cameron built into his price while TT does too he now has Richmond game plan to counteract it.

Butters/Rozee are same price. Rozee played mostly forward first few weeks and his role really developed more and more as the year progressed. Butters has some injury/sick impacted scores but not convinced his role will be as good as the Rozee one now.
Also you have the Rozee tag too worry about now

Also you have the Rozee tag too worry about now

Massive on Rozee, I just do worry that he’s a very easy player to shut down with a hard tag. Since Port has nobody else that damaging in the middle surely the tags are a coming

Massive on Rozee, I just do worry that he’s a very easy player to shut down with a hard tag. Since Port has nobody else that damaging in the middle surely the tags are a coming

This could be my Rozee coloured glasses talking here.....

But I actually think Rozee is one of those players that’s very difficult to tag. He’s got excellent pace of the mark and agility which makes him difficult to contain and can drag a tag forward and be dangerous.

I think he will score well regardless of a tag or not next year.

But I actually think Rozee is one of those players that’s very difficult to tag. He’s got excellent pace of the mark and agility which makes him difficult to contain and can drag a tag forward and be dangerous.

Food for thought, cheers 🙂 He was so dynamic once he went into the middle last year. Would love to have somebody with that sort of scoring power and upside in price. The tag is literally my only question mark so hopefully you’re right

Dusty and Danger are tagable. Rozee is 100% tagable by the right player.

Dusty and Danger are tagable. Rozee is 100% tagable by the right player.

He’s certainly tagable and teams will target him but I don’t think it will impact his scoring to much is what I mean.

His speed and agility make it difficult to form a hard tag on the inside against him I think. And if effective, he can drag them forward and hopefully snag a couple to keep his score ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back