2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 20 England v South Africa 21/10 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really that hot and humid? Google says Mumbai 32 degrees and 58% humidity. Surely pro athletes should be able to perform in a bit of heat?
We only have to look. No way that is anywhere near as low as 58%. They are pro's and they are struggling. That probably answers the question. Being a pro doesn't stop you severely dehydrating. Pro's are still human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Africa still an outside chance to chalk up 400 given how worn out the English bowlers are. 52 needed off 3 overs.
I should have left out the words “an outside chance” and just declared them morals to get there. Doing it easily.

And this is what Australia lack. We could barely get the ball off the ground in the last 10 overs last night.
Poor choice sending in Maxwell as he was our only power hitter in the middle order and there was still nearly 20 overs, need Head back to open and send Marsh in the middle order will give us 2 power hitter in the middle order and drop Labuschagne, can't play both him and Smith.

Poor choice sending in Maxwell as he was our only power hitter in the middle order and there was still nearly 20 overs, need Head back to open and send Marsh in the middle order will give us 2 power hitter in the middle order and drop Labuschagne, can't play both him and Smith.
Do Australian selectors even understand the concept of a "power hitter"?

Both these guys came in with a lot of time left in the innings. Difference is they played themselves in before going bang instead of Maxwell throwing it away ball one. I think it was the right call. Not sure I’d go back to it though because Maxi mightn’t have the mindset for it. Seems to think the promotion up the order means he needs to strike at 600

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 20 England v South Africa 21/10 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back