2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 43 Australia v Bangladesh 11/11 1530hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Hayden...great. Would've been nice if they gave us a break from him.

Guessing the bowl first decision is for a bit of extra acclimatisation to chasing under lights.

Carey not getting a go in a dead runner pretty much signs his papers for the rest of the tournament.
It actually makes zero sense. How on earth has Inglis become a mainstay? His keeping is fine, not great. Keeps failing when under any sort of pressure situation with the bat. Carey is the better keeper and actually has proven WC form from 2019; heck, he made 99 against SA only just before the tournament.

stoinis needs to be bowling 8+ overs every game to make any sense, his batting last few years is more what you expect from a decent number 8, Strange thing is aussie cricket media seem to agree with CA hardly ever any questions asked about why he is always first choice player with such awful numbers.
He is averaging 15.88 with the bat and 43.7 with the ball since March 2019, he shouldn't be batting or bowling, and his fielding is sub club standard. He shouldn't even be there.

Would have personally opened with Abbott, Cummins just isn’t a new ball bowler in white ball cricket

Cummins isn't a white ball bowler period really. I would prefer him only playing tests, he is not economical or particularly wicket taking in white ball cricket for a while now.

How we have got this far in the tournament with basically one decent fast bowler is an enduring miracle of the universe.

Cummins isn't a white ball bowler period really. I would prefer him only playing tests, he is not economical or particularly wicket taking in white ball cricket for a while now.

How we have got this far in the tournament with basically one decent fast bowler is an enduring miracle of the universe.
Cummins has been our best fast bowler this tournament and taken some important wickets and a decent economy rate, but he’s best used outside the power play. To be fair, this pitch seems to have absolutely no life in it for the bowlers, will be a grind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I hope we win the toss in the SF. Bowling looks ordinary. SA will be licking their lips if they get to bat first.
Have you been watching other teams this tournament? Outside of India, teams seem to be really struggling to take wickets early. It looks like we are playing on a turf pitch today, seems an odd decision to bowl first.

SA love to bat first against any team, making them chase is our best chance of winning.

Have you been watching other teams this tournament? Outside of India, teams seem to be really struggling to take wickets early. It looks like we are playing on a turf pitch today, seems an odd decision to bowl first.

SA love to bat first against any team, making them chase is our best chance of winning.
Yes but we are very ordinary at taking early wickets even compared to other sides. And I'm well aware of SA's record chasing v batting first

Yeah I think we should park Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins from the limited overs team after this world cup like England did with Broad and Anderson. Both bowlers got better in tests when they retired from limited overs cricket.

We've got enough depth in state cricket who actually play limited overs cricket domestically.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 43 Australia v Bangladesh 11/11 1530hrs @ Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back