Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad we're picking sides for the game again. Too often I think we can just get stuck with choosing a XI based on overall form or expected potential. Marnus is obviously the biggest example here, in the past I think they could have been too excited about Stoinis's potential but if there was ever a Marnus pitch it was this one so well done picking him and he proved them right. Still overall there's probably only one place for Smith/Labs for most games.

I'm glad we're picking sides for the game again. Too often I think we can just get stuck with choosing a XI based on overall form or expected potential. Marnus is obviously the biggest example here, in the past I think they could have been too excited about Stoinis's potential but if there was ever a Marnus pitch it was this one so well done picking him and he proved them right. Still overall there's probably only one place for Smith/Labs for most games.
Not with a front three of Head, Warner and Marsh. Stoinis has no place in the line-up, he has been consistently poor and unreliable with the bat.

Need two solid, technically sound players at 4 and 5 with that front three.

underappreciated point. The decision to play Marnus ended up being absolutely critical to us winning.

I didn't realise Gujarat is a dry state, that rules out Narendra Modhi Stadium for my custom.
Not hard to get a permit to drink, apparently.

I remember hearing on radio commentary during the test series that the upper deck has no toilets or food outlets, etc, but I've not been able to confirm that anywhere else.

Not hard to get a permit to drink, apparently.

I remember hearing on radio commentary during the test series that the upper deck has no toilets or food outlets, etc, but I've not been able to confirm that anywhere else.
Think hotels are ok for foreigners . When wanderers won afc club in saudi arabia , they drank at embassy

Oddly enough the BEST thing that has happened for India out of all of this?

Their oft maligned players have actually come out of it looking ok.
Aside from the presentation thing (was that real or not? I haven’t read the story) I haven’t heard of any real carry on and they seem to have copped their medicine without any overt misrepresentation of themselves.

I actually feel sorry for them if this is the sort of shit they have to represent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you feel sorry for rich, entitled, soft utensil Indian cricketers?

Because they’re human beings and they’re not entitled and I don’t know what soft utensils have to do with anything, and having half a billion people probably hating you and burning effigies of you wouldn’t feel great either.

But yeah.
Rich.

F_e499obgAAZeUA

Trav looks munted. More munted than Robbo (TGO).

Last edited:
Since the late 90s India has always been a team of champions rather than champion team

Again their bowling attacks haven’t been. It’s really not very difficult.

Unless you count Srinath you who was gone by the end of the decade, Their three best bowlers from 1995-2010 were Harbhajan, Zaheer and Kumble. Kumble was a champion. Harbhajan was a champion when absolutely everything was in his favour but nothing more, and Zaheer was nothing more than a good honest left armer.

The fact is that in the last decade they have addressed that and started to produce attacks that whether you would consider them to be filled with champions or not, they play and function as good attacks should and it’s allowed them to start competing and winning in countries they didn’t previously.

They’re unbeaten in their last four series in Australia and England and blew it in SA when Rabada and Jansen f***ed them.

Oddly enough the BEST thing that has happened for India out of all of this?

Their oft maligned players have actually come out of it looking ok.
Aside from the presentation thing (was that real or not? I haven’t read the story) I haven’t heard of any real carry on and they seem to have copped their medicine without any overt misrepresentation of themselves.

I actually feel sorry for them if this is the sort of s**t they have to represent

I thought Sharma spoke quite well, he didn't make excuses but gave a lot of credit to Head and Labuschagne.

I thought Sharma spoke quite well, he didn't make excuses but gave a lot of credit to Head and Labuschagne.

He’s been a pretty good leader I think, he’s prepared to play the way he has to in order to give them the best chance, he has generally captained well although he panicked as I think we all acknowledged by going to shami instead of siraj with the ball and most of his pressers have been fairly gracious. It’s not like they seem to have a team stacked with dickheads at the moment and even one noted dickhead they actually do have, couldn’t get a game (Ashwin)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back