MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a WWE move .. not sure I would want a opposition team
Tackling walsh like that
Don't put your head in that position then.

They keep saying duty of care for opposition.

How about duty of care for one's self first.

Last edited:
Cottrell with the DDT
200.gif

Graded as medium impact, did Long come off the ground after the incident?
Sure but I do think it was a dangerous action that if he landed the wrong way he could have broken his neck. I was there live so only just saw the footage and I kind of cringed when I saw the way he landed. The ball was free, he didn't need to go on with the tackle.

Sure but I do think it was a dangerous action that if he landed the wrong way he could have broken his neck. I was there live so only just saw the footage and I kind of cringed when I saw the way he landed. The ball was free, he didn't need to go on with the tackle.

I don't disagree, but there are hundreds of dangerous actions each game that go unpunished and even unnoticed, and in most circumstances, rightly so. This game is dangerous in its nature.

Graded as medium impact, not sure how that can be if Long didn't leave the field after the incident. But that is a genuine query as I don't know the answer.

The system is broken which brings me back to my initial comment, that I would challenge as a default stance.

Don't put you're head in that position then.

They keep saying duty of care for opposition.

How about duty of care for one's self first.
I think there is 2 actions and that looks dangerous to me ..I thought duty of care was on the tackler to not pin arms , not sling tackler or tackle their head and power drive to the ground.. I would still appeal

I don't disagree, but there are hundreds of dangerous actions each game that go unpunished and even unnoticed, and in most circumstances, rightly so. This game is dangerous in its nature.

Graded as medium impact, not sure how that can be if Long didn't leave the field after the incident. But that is a genuine query as I don't know the answer.

The system is broken which brings me back to my initial comment, that I would challenge as a default stance.

The default is medium impact for all these tackles. The only way to downgrade is through the appeals process.

In other words, yes. You are correct. It’s broken.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Lewis (afl360) thinks Cottrell was lucky to only get one.

Hardly the voice of reason obviously.

He hasn't been suspended for ducking. There was clearly two actions by Cottrell. He didn't need to take him to ground.

Fair call. I'd cop that.
Yeah I've backed us to appeal all year, but I would just take the whack there. Sure he ducked but the second "piledriver" action by Cottrell looked bad and totally unnecessary.

For those that think Cotts suspension is fair. Please tell what you thought he should do.

Someone runs into you with their head down and their body bent in half from the waist down.

Get out the way? Just throw your hands up in the air and do nothing?

Your opponent has the ball, you have to tackle them. There was no other option than to take him high.

Probably didn’t have to drag him down, but he couldn’t see if he had disposed of the ball or not. There was no slinging action.

Lesson number one from this. Don’t. Duck. Your. Head.

AFL players shouldn’t do it. It shouldn’t be rewarded. And we certainly should be teaching the kids not to duck their heads too.

If Long doesn’t duck he is tackled around the waist. Simple.

For those that think Cotts suspension is fair. Please tell what you thought he should do.

Someone runs into you with their head down and their body bent in half from the waist down.

Get out the way? Just throw your hands up in the air and do nothing?

Your opponent has the ball, you have to tackle them. There was no other option than to take him high.

Probably didn’t have to drag him down, but he couldn’t see if he had disposed of the ball or not. There was no slinging action.

Lesson number one from this. Don’t. Duck. Your. Head.

AFL players shouldn’t do it. It shouldn’t be rewarded. And we certainly should be teaching the kids not to duck their heads too.

If Long doesn’t duck he is tackled around the waist. Simple.
Don't do two actions and drive his head into the ground

Don't do two actions and drive his head into the ground
Just lightly hold him? Let him maybe get a handball away?

No.

I hope our coaches continue to tell our players to take their opponents to the ground when they tackle. Aim for the waist. Drop your knees and take them down.

Don’t fall into their back.

Don’t sling them down.

If they duck their heads that’s their own issue.

It wasn’t even a free kick. Umpire knew it was instigated by Long, and ignored the free kick as per the rules and they way they’ve been instructed to umpire

Ex Pie Christian sure likes to zero in on Carlton dudes, hey Aph......but then allows the Norf guy that kicked in danger and actually caused L.Jones injury to get off completely:mad:......hmnn something smells a bit off here!!!o_O
Must be all the conspiracy theories burning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back