LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 11.20 AM ON 30/10: Chicago at Los Angeles Chargers
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 11.15 AM ON 31/10: Las Vegas at Detroit

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 4:00 AM on 30/10: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

I wonder if its something to do with the trade deadline and dont want to have players play 1 game in 3 weeks if they have a bye before and then get traded and have a bye after.
Correct. Was actually an informal "rules committee discussion" request from both the NFLPA and the agents association last year, were concerned that bye weeks were impacting on trade markets for the more fringe / borderline trade candidates.

If you were on the fringes of trade value and yet were unlucky enough to have a week 7 or 8 bye you might miss out, as opposed to being the same calibre / ranked player on a team that didn't have a bye until week 10 or 11.

Trade analysis historical data apparently showed the "broderline" trade players in early bye weeks definitely got traded less than those who played all the way through to the trade deadline.

FWIW, the same issue is actually starting to impact state league AFL players chasing potential mid season draft spots in the AFL. The state league teams that have byes early in the year are seeing some possible AFL mid season draft candidates miss out, with players who have been playing for teams that didn't have a bye before the MSD being taken ahead of them.

Correct. Was actually an informal "rules committee discussion" request from both the NFLPA and the agents association last year, were concerned that bye weeks were impacting on trade markets for the more fringe / borderline trade candidates.

If you were on the fringes of trade value and yet were unlucky enough to have a week 7 or 8 bye you might miss out, as opposed to being the same calibre / ranked player on a team that didn't have a bye until week 10 or 11.

Trade analysis historical data apparently showed the "broderline" trade players in early bye weeks definitely got traded less than those who played all the way through to the trade deadline.

FWIW, the same issue is actually starting to impact state league AFL players chasing potential mid season draft spots in the AFL. The state league teams that have byes early in the year are seeing some possible AFL mid season draft candidates miss out, with players who have been playing for teams that didn't have a bye before the MSD being taken ahead of them.
But you still get guys who are traded and miss on a bye or get 2 bye weeks. I think early byes are dumb. unless they have like 8-12 teams on a bye every week its hard to get them to start post trade deadline.

But you still get guys who are traded and miss on a bye or get 2 bye weeks. I think early byes are dumb. unless they have like 8-12 teams on a bye every week its hard to get them to start post trade deadline.
Agreed. In a perfect world, no byes until after the trade deadline.

Agreed. In a perfect world, no byes until after the trade deadline.
It shouldnt be hard to work out. like CBS/Fox wont be losing games they would just have less regional games for November. the NFL would still schedule good games for afternoon game of the weeks and primetime.

I get some teams might still want an early bye since the teams who play international have the option to take the bye following that game but most take it 1-2 weeks after returning. but thats still better than half the league having a bye pre trade deadline.

It shouldnt be hard to work out. like CBS/Fox wont be losing games they would just have less regional games for November. the NFL would still schedule good games for afternoon game of the weeks and primetime.

I get some teams might still want an early bye since the teams who play international have the option to take the bye following that game but most take it 1-2 weeks after returning. but thats still better than half the league having a bye pre trade deadline.
I get the NFL wants to be able to hype up certain international matchups before games outside the US, but I think they have grossly overstated the fan focus on which teams happen to be playing in an intenational game.

The fact the Jags keep getting decent UK game turnouts says we should expect to see near sellout crowds for any international NFL game, no matter what week or matchup it is. So schedule all international games for the 3rd quarter of the season in amongst the byes. Also International weeks could be on a semi flex schedule, in a ten day window, with all international games only happening in say weeks 12-14.

Everyone knows if by some bizarro alternate universe the NFL suddenly announced we'd be having the Falcons play the Panthers at Optus Oval in the second week of December, due to "flooding in Georigria and Carolina at the same time", Australia would sell the joint out in a week - even though it was well after the early weeks of the season and both had probably been long since eliminated from playoffs. The average international fan doesn't care about playoff implications - they just want a chance to see proper gridiron.

The idea that international games have to be early in the season just so that the teams involved can be purported to be promoted ("Purported Promotions"TM ) as "playoff chances" and somehow the supposed playoff implications is all that attracts international fans is just bumpkus. Fact is Raiders, Chargers and Washington will all get decent attendances outside the US, well above their local "home crowds", just because the franchises are so iconic to those of us that live outside the US. Noting I wouldn't go to a Raiders, Commanders or Chargers game myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how many times he used "I play for OSU " in college and got away with it.

Good to see some cops dont give a **** and aren't getting paid off.

Saw a suggestion of Brian Burns to the Ravens, not sure about their cap space but if all good this move makes absolute sense.

He would be great in Ravens purple.

But we are leading the NFL in sacks this year…. So need isn’t there. Also heavily into void years this year, so no cap space next year or this year.

What we do need is receivers who consistently catch the ball…. Looking at you Nelson. And you Bateman and fn OBJ!!!!

Any idea when the floating week 15 games will be scheduled?

Will be in Detroit that weekend and would like to know when the **** I'm going to ford field
Flex games are 12 days in advance

He would be great in Ravens purple.

But we are leading the NFL in sacks this year…. So need isn’t there. Also heavily into void years this year, so no cap space next year or this year.

What we do need is receivers who consistently catch the ball…. Looking at you Nelson. And you Bateman and fn OBJ!!!!

Have seen some suggest we should trade Thielen, I get it from the stand point of selling him to a contender while he is absolutely balling right now, but this would be ****ing stupid given hes the only reliable target Bryce has. Its bad enough what Bryce has to work with without trading away the only guy he has confidence in

55-38

Jaguars @ Saints

Falcons @ Buccaneers
Bills @ Patriots
Browns @ Colts
Lions @ Ravens
Raiders @ Bears
Commanders @ Giants
Cardinals @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Rams
Packers @ Broncos
Chargers
@ Chiefs
Dolphins @ Eagles

49ers
@ Vikings

63-43

Buccaneers @ Bills

Falcons @ Titans
Texans
@ Panthers
Jaguars @ Steelers
Rams @ Cowboys
Vikings
@ Packers
Patriots @ Dolphins
Saints @ Colts
Jets @ Giants
Eagles
@ Commanders
Browns @ Seahawks
Ravens
@ Cardinals
Bengals @ 49ers
Chiefs
@ Broncos
Bears @ Chargers

Raiders @ Lions

Now down to two.
Which is prob why they gave him 4 knowing on appeal it would go down to 2.

For a guy on $2.5m this season, he already has $90K in fines and will now lose ~$280k in match payments for those 2 games.

Then you take about 35-40% of that $2.5M in tax and he keeps it up and will lose money this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2023 NFL - Week 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back