NRL 2023 NRL SuperCoach ✨ League Code 392439 ✨

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Im glad that Bennett made that call, Katoa deserves a go. Whether he can make that position his own remains to be seen but at 216k im happy to include him.

I've just given into temptation and chucked D.Fifita in. I dont know if i like it, im just scared he pulls off a 100+ point game or two if i dont start him. Lets face it, he was fairly ordinary last season or at least for significant parts of the season and he still had a very respectable average. I think he can step it up a touch this season, though im still slightly nervous about investing that amount in a player who sometimes looks lazy or disinterested!

Rumours are that Hynes is under an injury cloud
Yeah, thats part of what inspired the 'no Cleary, no Hynes, no Garner' team :p

I'm guessing he will be named but even then i wouldnt feel safe picking him. Id have to have a plan B in mind i think.

One thing I love in any form of fantasy sport is to find a good POD.

At this stage I'm not really running many PODs but the tui and tau - lagis are in. Then I've got Robson although he is very much on the edge of my team. Picking him mainly for his favourable draw.

I was running Riki for a while but I had the cash to upgrade him to Murray so I did so.

On my short list is Niukore, Hess and Paseka. Probably won't select any of them but they will be ones ill watch.

I think it would be cool to run with a team that only has players with 10% ownership or less but it is too much effort to actually do it.

Anyway, if you are reading this and have a POD that you want to mention then now is your opportunity. If you want to keep it under wraps til the season starts that is cool too!

Time to post my pre-TLT teams

Really happy with the balance of this team. Im hoping Walsh gets up for round 1 but if not, AKP can come in. Having at least one player over 600k in each position wasnt a goal of mine but i think it can only be a positive thing. Niukore is my POD, if he can play 60+ mins a week on the edge, i think he will score well.

What i think might be an issue come TLT? Im a bit worried Garner/Niukore/Katoa wont all start and in that case im not sure what id do as they are all at that awkward price. Fingers crossed i dont need to make any changes.
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 9.25.44 am.png

Moving on to my fantasy side.

I'll be honest, Im struggling to find the right mix here. I dont know whether to spend big on middles that are guaranteed big minutes or whether to go the route that i currently am going with Niukore and Elliott and hope they can both average 10+ more than what they are priced at. Edges seem to be where the value is, so im happy to grab 3 that i rate highly in Tuilagi, Katoa & Hopgood. I dont see much value in the real high end edges. RFM is one i am considering strongly but ive already got 3 dogs and think that while in the short term, he could score well with TPJ out, long term he probably doesnt present enough value in a position where there is lots of competition.

Im not happy with my WFB at all but i dont have the cash to fix it. Im finding it very tough to get enough guns, the midpricers i want, and have bench depth. Its definitely the most difficult form of the 3 fantasy types. I like most of my bench but ideally id have one less 230-250k player but i dont want to downgrade any of my starters. HTF/Talau/Martin dont do much for me really but they are cheap and their DPP may well be handy. So yeah, im not 100% happy but i just have to concede that i cant get 'the perfect' starting side and lower expectations slightly. All things considered i do like 'most' of it.

$59k itb
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 9.33.48 am.png

On to my SC side

I recently made mass changes to my side that i thought i would end up reversing but you know what, im not. Robson, Tohu & Murray came in for Cleary, Hynes and a cash cow. I thought id go back to Cleary and/or Hynes but i think ive settled on avoiding them. Hynes with the injury worry and a draw that isnt too favourable and Cleary who has an early bye and i dont think will punish me with massive scores (Now that i said that, watch him drop a 150 on the Broncos!) in the first few rounds. I dont neccesarilly think that strength of schedule is too big a factor with a gun like Cleary but from round 2-6 the Panthers' draw is fairly tough.

Robson is my tip for hooker to put up the most massive scores of the season. He probably wont be super consistant but he loves a try and with the Cowboys' fairly favourable draw, i like him. Holmes and Taulagi hopefully have the opportunity to get involved in lots of scoring possessions. I actually think Tapine could go to another level this season, or at least maintain the same level that he was at for the back half of last season - for the whole of this season. Tohu is a fairly safe selection i think. Not expecting much upside but he is consistant and no threat of playing origin adds to his appeal.

Murray picks himself i think. Fifita is one ive thought about a lot and i think that he had a really indifferent season last year and he still averaged over 65. 2 scores of over 100 were pretty nice too. He will be frustrating to own i think as he doesnt do that much 'work' but he doesnt need to in order to score big. If he pulls off a massive run and try each week, he will score well. His base isnt as low as i thought it was either. So while he definitely relies on attacking stats, he can still be 'okay' (relatively speaking) even if he doesnt do the spectacular. It could be a rocky road but i think he averages at least 65 again.

Tedesco as my best captain option scares me a little but i think with the Dolphins and Warriors up first, i hope he can put up decent numbers for the first 2 rounds and then i may need to get a bit inventive from round 3 onwards with who i give the big C. I have options, just no 'certainties'.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 9.44.52 am.png

So there we have it. Hoping that TLT is kind and i dont need to make changes as the season approaches. Good luck to everyone playing this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team lists were favourable. Only made one change which was Preston to Doorey. Funny that i planned to have both Hynes and Cleary for such a long time that once i took Hynes out, it felt like i had to take both out together. I know that doesnt really make sense but as a result i landed on a team i really like.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 4.33.24 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back