Preview 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling pretty confident? We're playing maybe the best footy in the comp atm, a really healthy list only real worry is Briggs and early reports suggest he'll be right and the Pies form the last month is pretty average.
  • Beat the Dees but the Dees smashed them around the ground and consistently shot themselves in the foot
  • Smashed Essendon but that's basically a training drill as we showed the week before and although they smashed Essendon if the Pies weren't super accurate and the Dons weren't super inaccurate the score probably looks a lot closer
  • 4 goal loss to Brisbane at Marvel
  • Close win against Geelong (non finals team) at home
  • Smacked by Hawthorn by 5 goals
Couldn't feel better about the footy we're playing lately and they might've peaked too early in the season, they've sort of stumbled down the home stretch.

only real worry is Briggs and early reports suggest he'll be right
He's definitely a big plus, but I'm not even hugely worried if he misses because I think Preuss should be good for one game given we don't have send offs in the AFL.

We basically kicked ourselves out of both finals with shit kicking for goal.
Pies have been off the boil since August.
You blokes are a sneaky chance to knock them over I reckon.

Yep, we only beat a banged up Port, Pies smashed us in May 🙄

1. They smashed us before we got good.
2. From that side…
Out: Flynn, Fleeton, Cadman, Angwin, Peatling, Haynes
In: Briggs, Greene, Taylor, Cumming, Keefe, Riccardi
also - Ward was the sub

there would be some people who might (just might) consider our current team to be ever so slightly better than the one that took the park all the way back in May

Is MRO sorted from the weekend? Still worried with my Collingwood conspiracy theories they will annoy us with Tom Green. Should just be a fine.

Fun stat fact of the day friends :

in two finals our team has had 34 defensive one on ones and has lost just one of them.

Taylor Buckley Himelberg and idun have had 27 combined and lost 0.

Collingwood have had 14 one on ones and lost 4.

The Great Orange Breakwater ™ is the foundation of the Orange Tsunami. (Name is open to workshopping)

Obviously a long-shot, but my Collingwood-hating mates and I would love to sit with the GWS crowd and rev up the pies on Friday night.

Happy to pay $$$ if anyone has an unused code.

Best of luck Orange Team

I know, I know, I should've been a member, I'll not do this again, but as y'all can see with my account history I'm not some Collingwood fan looking for a barcode, just a giants fan fan living in Melbourne, so if any fellow Giant fan can't make the game on Friday I'd appreciate one 🙏

I know, I know, I should've been a member, I'll not do this again, but as y'all can see with my account history I'm not some Collingwood fan looking for a barcode, just a giants fan fan living in Melbourne, so if any fellow Giant fan can't make the game on Friday I'd appreciate one 🙏
All these friends we never knew we had...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your post history suggest you only pop up finals time asking for tickets and bar codes.

Your post history suggest you only pop up finals time asking for tickets and bar codes.
Yeah I can cop that, no issues being told to rack off, on me for not being a member, but like my name is NewwyGiant and I joined in 2014, so unless you think I'm another teams fan that decided in 2014 I'd set up an account to fish for tickets twice in 9 years I feel like it's pretty clear I'm a GWS supporter.

Ditto - No GF email yet from the club
According to Mrs Noodle (who’s been on Google)

17,000 tickets per club.

And Carlton have their GF ballot on Wednesday - apparently to be tier 1 there you have to have 50+ years continuous membership. 24-49 years for tier 2 😳

expect we’ll be Wednesday or Thursday so email probs tomorrow.

I
Tried too late to buy a couple at 5pm today.
I will be more prompt if we make grand final.
If we don't make it, can we still buy members tickets to the Grand Final?

there‘s a ballot for GF tickets that you have to pre-register for - later this week. Members are ranked according to tiers - length & type of membership - but with 17k per club, you’d have to be unlucky to miss out on Giants tickets if you pre-register.

but if you don’t pre-register for the ballot, you have to line up with every one else who wants a general ticket & they go fast.

keep your eye out for the email and definitely pre-register for the members ballot

I haven't been around for previous finals but it's quite something how many have appeared in the last day or so.

Yep In 2019 it was out of control. Richmond fans knew from the start of the finals they were going to make the granny and were snapping up all our 3 game memberships. And posting sweet nothings in here to get codes.

There are plenty of Dual club supporting members living in western sydney. And I have been one of them since inception of the giants. So that’s totally fine. But a postcode of anything with a 3 in front of it is not going to cut it haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Won’t be giving any barcodes out myself, my priority 1 membership code is a bit too valuable for gf ticket ballot.

But don’t forget we don’t have enough members to sell out in priority one. Anyone with a giants membership will get a ticket if we get through.

Accomodation is another thing

Trying to go in with a very level head for this game but it has yet to fully hit me this is happening. I was a bit of a shocker pre and during the game on Saturday. Nerves were next level until settling after we managed to extend/maintain the lead.

I agree with your summation - I think the Pies being more rested than us could give them an edge (all other things being equal, of course).

Thank you - makes me feel a little better that I am in with a good chance with getting GF tickets if we make it! :D

I need to find my pictures of the March to fire people up. I couldn’t believe it. Every single giants supporter turned up for the March. It was awesome. Let me find some

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back