Autopsy 2023 Preliminary Final Blues brave season comes to an end

Who played well for Carlton in the Preliminary Final vs Brisbane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Beyond proud of this group, the most success I’ve been able to consciously observe during my lifetime (as a 29 year old)

It’s not a flag, but at least I can say I’ve lay witness to some fantastic finals moments. The Acres sealer against the Swans, the Acres clutch goal against the Dees. An outrageous 5 goal to 1 first quarter in an away prelim with a few banged up players having had two hard fought, tight wins the two weeks prior..

The two best teams all year are into the GF, it makes sense - it still hurts but we fought valiantly and the monkey is off the back at least a little bit now. We now know not only can we play finals footy, but we absolutely belong in finals footy.

To go from 15th to 5th and play-off in a prelim is an absolutely massive effort and we should all be proud of the club we support this year.

I love this club!

Quite disapointed with our effort after that amazing first quarter, not the blues we have come to know over the past 12 weeks.

Overall, its been an amazing year, and to win 2 finals in our first attempt is huge, I think it took Brizzy 3 years in finals to get their first win.

What has proven the difference this year is finals experience and maturity, which lions and pies have in spades. Getting as far as we have will do wonders going forward.

See you all in 2024, up the baggers!

Great season boys.

Gave us a proper ride for the first time in a decade… actually two decades.

Hopefully we build on this and finish top four next year.

Not going to bag any of the boys. And anyone who does is kidding themselves. But a shout out to Boyd who stood up and hopefully entrenches himself in that backline.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once the emotion subsides I'll feel happy and proud of the team for turning the season around but that's a very disappointing end to a season given we were 5 goals up and had them on the ropes. Basically invisible after quarter time. Pittonet needs to go from the starting 22. He's a liability and adds virtually nothing around the ground. Decent backup ruckman but nothing more.

Not going to win games at this level when you go MIA for an hour.

Brisbane are on the next level, emphatically showed why they are a top two side.

Hopefully the boys take the learning and go on to bigger and better things.

I was at my lowest point as a Carlton supporter half way through the season (and that is pretty flipping low), so have to be happy with the massive turnaround the club created this year.

There is hope. Looking forward to next year.

Very proud of this team. Beating the Lions with their huge home town advantage was always a monumental task. The first qtr was as good as anything I've seen for a long, long time. Pity we couldn't sustain it for another 15 minutes.

This year is a fantastic launching pad for the future, for belief, for attracting players. It cements Voss as coach for the forseeable future, and it seems the white ants in the club have retreated. Stability seems high.

Special mention to the youngsters Boyd and Hollands who I thought flew the flag with honour and skill.

Proud. Not even upset that we are out. I've got a stress-induced headache.

Love our club. What a ride this half of the season has been, I've loved every minute of it and I'm super proud of our fight and resilience.

We've unearthed a gem in Acres. TDK shining. Walsh going next level. So many good moments from this final series.

Bring on 2024, but let me have a rest first :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Preliminary Final Blues brave season comes to an end

Back