Preview 2023 Rd 18 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Saturday July 15 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Tom De Koning
OUT: Matthew Kennedy (knee), Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated into the 22

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Jordan BoydMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Forwards:David CuninghamHarry McKayJack Martin
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Silvagni
Emergencies:Paddy DowOllie HollandsCaleb Marchbank
Jesse Motlop

Ed Curnow most likely to get picked for reasons unknown.

Dow doesn't get considered after having 50 touches in the ressies - he's no chance after having a week off with concussion.

Personally I'd like to see Binns debut.
Haha would not surprise but surely the MC has finally got the message re Ed. He was dropped for his bro’s 100th game so I’d say he’s done other than a farewell game (if we can’t make finals).

Been a great soldier but his time is done.

You arent playing finals with 11.5 wins and with geelongs % 12.5 probably isnt realistic either. I have adelaide missing with 12 wins 11 losses only way that changes is if st kilda drop the ball.

Finals are gone imo, would take some sort of miracle of us going 5-2 or 6-1 when we have 3 games against top 4 opposition to come.
Yep we blew it against the ferals, swans and especially *.

Let's hope McGov gets up. Looks a nasty cork but 50/50 chance you would think.

Then only need to replace Bam Bam (bugger he was killing it) and Dow should be the one.

Come on Vossy .......Do it please.

OUT: McGovern (inj), Kennedy (inj)
IN: Pittonet, Hewett

Pittonet picks himself if fit. TDK only selected if Pittonet isn't available.

Young goes back for McGovern plus backup ruck duties against Finlayson. Port have size up forward and Young is the best 200cm option we have. Bonus is he can ruck okay.

Hewett comes in for Kennedy. I haven't liked what I have seen from Hewett in recent weeks but he is best available.

Binns debuts as sub.

Last edited:
Mods can you guys start a Dow thread this week cause this place is gonna be filled with Dow talk all week and quite frankly it’s getting boring now.

Dow is coming off concussion and hasn't played a full game of football in a month at any level.

No chance this week.

OUT: McGovern (inj), Kennedy (inj)
IN: Pittonet, Hewett

Pittonet picks himself if fit. TDK only selected if Pittonet isn't available.

Young goes back for McGovern plus backup ruck duties against Finlayson. Port have size up forward and Young is the best 200cm option we have. Bonus is he can ruck okay.

Hewett comes in for Kennedy. I haven't liked what I have seen from Hewett in recent weeks but he is best available.

Binns debuts as sub.
Sinn and Binns as subs?

Neither Hewett or dow can replace what Kennedy brings his mark in in between the arcs is a huge point of difference and he clears pathways constantly moving ball fwd with two blokes hanging off him .. whoever replaces him means our clearance game will need adjustment .

I don't know if it because hewett started as sub or has missed so much football but he is very deer in the headlights at the moment .. struggling to work into the link.

Can see young or marchbank replacing gov if this corkie is a bad bleeder .
Whoever plays let's suffocate this port mob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gov might come up. It's a bad cork but he's a chance at least.

For the sub this week, I wouldn't begrudge Binns a look, but equally I can see where a genuine onballer might be the go, so Carroll or Dow might get a shot.

McG replaced by Marchy/Cowan
Hewett replaced by a rotating combo of Martin/DC then bring in Binns to the bench.
If a ruck comes in, JSOS to replace McG

The switch has been flicked people, don’t sit there moping, staring into the tea leaves. Expecting a win, might even say I’m confident of a win.

Let's hope McGov gets up. Looks a nasty cork but 50/50 chance you would think.

Then only need to replace Bam Bam (bugger he was killing it) and Dow should be the one.

Come on Vossy .......Do it please.
Hewitt please....Dow is done....Ppl ask for Dow expecting a different result from his ordinary performances = Definition of insanity

People need to move on from Marchbank. I'm not sure he can sustain a fitness level to play in this current game plan they have adopted.
Rubbish that's exactly what they said about Jack Martin N David Cunningham.... Just needs a few games in a row to get that Fitness bass at the level And he hasn't lost all his Talent/ determination/ athleticism and pace.... Is another great Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back