Preview 2023 Rd 18 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Saturday July 15 4:35PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Tom De Koning
OUT: Matthew Kennedy (knee), Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated into the 22

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Jordan BoydMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Forwards:David CuninghamHarry McKayJack Martin
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Silvagni
Emergencies:Paddy DowOllie HollandsCaleb Marchbank
Jesse Motlop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewett replacing Kennedy doesn't make us slower

Our ball movement (being more selfless), has been the best mindset shift and our higher press/pressure as a unit is now reaping forward half turnovers resulting in more sustainable scoring

I think Hewett adds to the above

Think the days of poor defensive players and or not willing to adjust are long gone

Think we have a better plug and play mentality at the moment

While I have been critical of Young's lack of aggression, thought he competed well today
He and Jack were probably more of a presence around the ground than we've had from either Pitto or TDK all year.

Someone on the port board described the midfields as Ferraris v Commodores us being the later…..I thought that was fully sick bro.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ferraris are a waste of money on Aussie roads. Give me a VF wagon any day.

Dow is coming back from concussion. We don’t know if he’s capable of playing.

I’d keep it simple and bring in Hewett and TDK for Kennedy and Gov. Play Binns as the sub - he deserves a game.

Young can play second ruck and let JSOS either play back or up forward or where the fudge he wants.

Hope like hell gov gets up for starters.

Don’t know who to bring in for Kennedy?
Do we bring Dow in if he’s cleared?
Do we give the job to hewett?
Do we move doc more into the middle and bring in Cowan of binns to replace doc role?

We’ve gotta really be onto butters and the rose for this one

In: Dow, Plowman, Binns (sub)
Out: Hewett, McGovern, Kennedy.

Opportunity to play the kids in a game that arguably we can lose and still make the 8. Win however, and we will be in 8 after the west coast game.
You arent playing finals with 11.5 wins and with geelongs % 12.5 probably isnt realistic either. I have adelaide missing with 12 wins 11 losses only way that changes is if st kilda drop the ball.

Finals are gone imo, would take some sort of miracle of us going 5-2 or 6-1 when we have 3 games against top 4 opposition to come.

You arent playing finals with 11.5 wins and with geelongs % 12.5 probably isnt realistic either. I have adelaide missing with 12 wins 11 losses only way that changes is if st kilda drop the ball.

Finals are gone imo, would take some sort of miracle of us going 5-2 or 6-1 when we have 3 games against top 4 opposition to come.
I see us beating melb and Coll either way.

If it’s a corked quad, a light week on the track might be enough for McGovern to get up for next weekend - they’re not as bad as the hip/buttocks corks. You can push through them once you loosen up a bit.

If he doesn’t, would prefer to bring in Marchbank or Plowman - Port have Dixon, Finlayson and Marshall all playing well and a dedicated defender is needed for each.

Young can keep the ruck role - he’s playing with confidence and, weirdly, Weitering has been much better since he left the backline.

Their backline is suspect (Jonas will come in and he is an absolute liability one-on-one) - play that same aggressive transition game we’ve shown the past month and we can absolutely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back