Game Day 2023 Round 02 Swans v. Hawks - Sun. 26 Mar - 1:10PM - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloods 2nd - Hawthorn 18th (end round 1)
(Thanks Banyo Bloods)

2023 round 02.jpg

Venue: SCG
VFL First Bounce: 10:05am (Lakeside Oval)​
SCG Gates Open: 11:10am​
AFL First Bounce: 1:10pm​

Weather: Donza

Team Changes:
Bloods:
In:
Joel Amartey
Out: Lance Franklin (suspended)
Sub: from [46] Lachlan McAndrew,[34] Matt Roberts,[29] Angus Sheldrick,[37] Corey Warner
Will we have a debutant as a Sub?​
Will we have the Warner brothers Warner_Bros._Pictures_1998.jpg and the McCartin brothers?​
Will we have the Maccas macca.jpg McAndrew, macca.jpg McDonald, macca.jpg McInerney and macca.jpg McLean?​

Hawks:
Out:
Chad Wingard (injured)
Sub: from [24] Denver Grainger-Barras,[30] Sam Butler,[33] Tyler Brockman,[14] Jack Scrimshaw

Umpires:
Chris Donlon (1), Daniel Johanson (6), Curtis Deboy (11), Nathan Toner (25)​

Line Ups

2023 round 02 team selection.jpg
Match Centre:

Broadcast Details:
Kayo and Foxtel Channel 504 from 1pm with via Donza Brenton Speed, Kelli Underwood, Brad Johnson, Gerard Healy & Alastair Lynch​

Foxtel Round 2:
Swans’ burning question: Will McDonald’s trend continue without superstar Franklin?
Hawks’ burning question: Has the experience vacuum cost Hawthorn after one game?
Team Stats:
footywire
2023_03_26 footywire 1.jpg

Bloods are getting a nice spread of players by games​
Compare the Pair:

#AFLSwansHawks #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

Time for Amartey Party
Amartey Party.jpg
🎉:partypooper:🥳
Bloods by 38 points

Last edited:

Dont think hawks will give us too much trouble but because we’re on the opposite ends of the ladder its a danger game.

I think the boys have matured a bit where in previous seasons their heads might not be in it vs the lower teams, but theyre now much more experienced so they should just win, and win big.

How I feel about this game.

Tired Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I’m in USA and haven’t seen our round 1 game, can someone give me mail on Mills and his finger I read it was stopping him tackle and be his normal self? Stats looked a bit low.

I’m in USA and haven’t seen our round 1 game, can someone give me mail on Mills and his finger I read it was stopping him tackle and be his normal self? Stats looked a bit low.
Depends who you asked.

Some on here thought he looked visibly uncomfortable and was in pain.

I thought he looked bloody sharp. His ball-handling was among the best for us on the night, his ball-drop in going for his set-shot was textbook*, he still had the 3rd-most tackles for us (7!), he was named in the starting 18, Horse mentioned nothing about his hand troubling him, and we even offered him up for the press conference for the game this week.

*I've found a player's ball drop is a clear way to tell how someone's hand is going if they've injured it. Looks visibly different a lot of the time if it's causing them grief.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accordinding to Longmire presso, the two least experienced teams in the comp. I find that hard to believe though.
Horse said, 'The two youngest teams'
I guess when you take out Buddy, Hickey, (JPK), we're pretty young. No 1st & 2nd yr players, but a lot of under 25.

Would be interesting to see the experience stats.. Reckon we'd be in the middle somewhere as the Gulden, Stephens, Warners, Blakeys etc have all played a fair few games
En route to Melbourne airport, again. Dedication.

Predicting a blood bath. Pun intended. Took a cheeky look at swans -70.5*

*Gamble responsibly
*Gamble responsibly, and take those odds
Swans by 100+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back