2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

How much better is 2025 Rioli than 2017 Adam Saad?
2018's Pick 28 called and would like to know

All speculations at the moment :) But pick 12 seems to be available to bidders. Carlton and Magpies keen.

He also mentioned Luko is on 1M+ for each next 2 years and 7 years offer by Port.
Oh of course, but you can kind of tell with him from his tone when it's info from a source or just an idea.

100% pick 12 is traded as it will be consumed by the Lombard.

How much better is 2025 Rioli than 2017 Adam Saad?
2018's Pick 28 called and would like to know
How about improved version and out of contract Saad in 2020. Pick 8 would like to know? It's all relative.

Rioli is under contact, Dimma wants him and we have pick 6. When we are top 4, teams will be asking for pick 15-18.

How about improved version and out of contract Saad in 2020. Pick 8 would like to know? It's all relative.

Rioli is under contact, Dimma wants him and we have pick 6. When we are top 4, teams will be asking for pick 15-18.
I thought we were reamed by Essendon the Saad deal then
The pick 8 to Carlton deal just confirmed it
We really were a shitshow at that time

Yeah, I think fans will enjoy Rioli's offence. Defensively, pretty average. Hey we got Uwland to defend.
He isn't any worse than Sexton, Flanders or Weller and that's all we had this year. He is a damn sight better offensively than them. I think he will make us better defensively because he is so damaging. Don't have to defend when the ball goes up the other end and scores 😛

To steal from SandyToes, the majority of this board still treats draft picks like "magic beans" that are just going to come in and fix us. We've done this so many times before that just drafting top picks and hoping that they develop into the players we need, can't be the only way forward. It's going to frustrate a lot of people and I understand because this club can't get out of its own way 99% of the team, but this is the first time I've felt like the tide is shifting towards us. We are getting bonafide good players asking to come here, we don't get those opportunities, you just make it happen.

He isn't any worse than Sexton, Flanders or Weller and that's all we had this year. He is a damn sight better offensively than them. I think he will make us better defensively because he is so damaging. Don't have to defend when the ball goes up the other end and scores 😛
Yeah, question is why Dimma played Sexton, Flanders, Weller in defence. He could just ask me 😂 Or Fiorini getting so many games, Holman on the wing. Some strange choices and not all can be explained by trying players in different roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, question is why Dimma played Sexton, Flanders, Weller in defence. He could just ask me 😂 Or Fiorini getting so many games, Holman on the wing. Some strange choices and not all can be explained by trying players in different roles.
Because we don't have any half backs. Hardwick loves role players so he is going to see what he has. I'm not a huge fan of Dimma and he let Flanders rot for too long on the HB flank but I understand the thinking. Now he knows the hole we have and the club is going to go fill it. Whether it pisses the fans off or not, this is the experienced coach show, they get exactly what they want because they have the runs on the board.

Yeah, question is why Dimma played Sexton, Flanders, Weller in defence. He could just ask me Or Fiorini getting so many games, Holman on the wing. Some strange choices and not all can be explained by trying players in different roles.

Because jeffrey and Budarick are busts

Because jeffrey and Budarick are busts
Jefferey seems a more natural forward to me, could be that link up player Dimma was trying to turn Luko into?

I love budders, not sure how he fits in the team with Noble and Rioli

Not really for now. Budarick played some decent games late. Jeffrey had some good games. Too early calling them bust.

Both decent, should of broken out this year

Had their opportunity, hard to see them beat out rioli noble Uwland Powell now

Jeffery got a lot of games this year and didn't show a whole lot. Heaps of talent, not sure the desire is there.
Buddas is good as a small 1v1 defender, but is soooo bad at making decisions with ball in hand it's a negative playing him sometimes.
Pretty sure Dimma rated Joel very highly earlier in the year, something about the most talented player on the list. Then again he talked up Luko as well so…..

Both decent, should of broken out this year

Had their opportunity, hard to see them beat out rioli noble Uwland Powell now
It's funny, I just re-watched Suns vs Magpies. I did focus on Noble. He looked OK. Great? No.

Good to have competition down back and release some players for other roles.

I would prefer Powell to get more freedom to attack rather than 1v1 assignment. Wing possibly.

I thought Budarick was gone when dropped early in the season. He looked bloody awful in VFL. But then he improved late in the season. He is coming from 2nd ACL. Sometimes it takes one year. The same Weller. Important years for them next year.

I thought Jeffrey played way better than Sexton, Weller in defence. Sure, he is inconsistent. Dimma wanted him to take the game on way more than he did. Still only 28 games (12 in 2024). He was not told to look around, haha. Still 4 years to go on his contract. Important year for him too.

Do I have to remind the magic we did the last year? :p
Do I have to remind of the numerous one sided against us deals over the previous 14 years.
It's "easier" to get picks for academy players but we have a history of being screwed in trades.
I'm happy with getting them but none are proven yet. Just like all our first year picks

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back