2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Win/win all round I would say.
Glad list managers had their big boy pants on.

GC and Collingwood got what they wanted.
Collingwood got Houston.

GC got Noble (and I think he will be a great little player for you and I wish him well).
GC got to salary dump Luko and Atkins.
GC got two F1 for next year.

Port stayed strong and got what they wanted ------ Pick 50

Well done and good luck for next year.

We offloaded two softies that Hardwick didn't want. Saved $$&.
Picked up a very good HBF and 2 first Rounders for 2025.
It's decent.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep like that Hardwick is building a side with a bit more grit.

Noble, Rioli, Uwland, Powell, Collins, Mac, Chucky. Solid defence! all play with a bit of mongrel.

At least it’s done

Looking more and more likely we are giving up 23 as we now need points to match a Lombard bid

Hopefully Cameron can secure some of Riolis wage paid as part of the deal 🤞

It’s a fair trade for all, really.

Collingwood probably wins, as they got the best player from the trade. But they have no prospects beyond that, as they gave it all up.

Port probably lose (but if Luko comes good, they won’t care).

And we got everything we wanted and didn’t give up any more than we thought, and gave up Atkins too.

So overall, perfectly fine dealings. Could we have got more elsewhere? Maybe. But this is also fine when looked at as a whole.

We offloaded two softies that Hardwick didn't want. Saved $$&.
Picked up a very good HBF and 2 first Rounders for 2025.
It's decent.

Heres my problem though, right;

We were already guaranteed Lukosius for a Port F1, so that was gimme.
We had multiple, better offers for pick 13 than what we received.

Did we tick off what we, theoretically wanted, yes. But we just didn't make the most of any of our assets. We could have had an F1 and an F2 for 13.

We ****ed around too long, other people got even better deals and then we helped facilitate Collingwood the steal of the century for Houston.

We're happy with breaking even when we could have cashed in a lot harder.

Did we tick off what we, theoretically wanted, yes. But we just didn't make the most of any of our assets. We could have had an F1 and an F2 for 13.

We ****ed around too long, other people got even better deals and then we helped facilitate Collingwood the steal of the century for Houston.

Good points. I think most people will be thinking it's decent not great.

This is true.

We also don’t know if it was a straight swap for 13 and a 1st+2nd. We might have had to give something back to North/Saints/Demons etc. to get that, as those later deals/swaps often aren’t reporter on until later.

Since those deals were made known, you’d think we took the best deal we could that benefited all our goals.

But maybe not. I guess I’m just happy it’s all done.

Just Rioli to go…

This is true.

We also don’t know if it was a straight swap for 13 and a 1st+2nd. We might have had to give something back to North/Saints/Demons etc. to get that, as those later deals/swaps often aren’t reporter on until later.

Since those deals were made known, you’d think we took the best deal we could that benefited all our goals.

But maybe not. I guess I’m just happy it’s all done.

Just Rioli to go…
We don't, but I feel like people are too lenient on Craig Cameron because 'he got 4 first round picks last year'

He hasn't had to work very hard to sell off good picks for shit picks that have inflated 'points value'.

Every player last year except Clohesy was a gimme, and every ****ing year we are trading good players because our salary cap is back ended or we owe shit players too much money.

I'm actually not giving him a pass. I think thus far he's been absolutely dog shit in terms of salary management and trading. His drafting has been literally his only positive so far and honestly, even a lot of them were gimmes. Every player he's 'hit' in the draft either came from our academy or was a top 10 pick.

We don't, but I feel like people are too lenient on Craig Cameron because 'he got 4 first round picks last year'

He hasn't had to work very hard to sell off good picks for shit picks that have inflated 'points value'.

Every player last year except Clohesy was a gimme, and every ****ing year we are trading good players because our salary cap is back ended or we owe shit players too much money.

I'm actually not giving him a pass. I think thus far he's been absolutely dog shit in terms of salary management and trading. His drafting has been literally his only positive so far and honestly, even a lot of them were gimmes. Every player he's 'hit' in the draft either came from our academy or was a top 10 pick.
Bang on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsiders perspective, you guys won that trade by a mile.

Collinwood neutral

Port big loss
nah

Lukosius for an F1 was going to happen regardless, so take that out of your equation.

we gave up Atkins (was only on 400k with 1 years left), 13 (which had multiple better bids for it), 29 and 50

for Pick 39 (will be used on a bid), Collingwoods F1 (pick 10+) and John Noble

We sold for pennies on the dollar.

Collingwood gave up an F1, 2 fringe players and pick 36 for probably the best half back in the game.

Port were shafted.

So what do we expect from Rioli?

We must make finals. Or riot. But to give up 6 and 23 for a 27 year old I would expect multiple AA squad selections and multiple top 5 best and fairests

The deal is 6, which I agree is overs

The 23 portion will result in a net points profit with junk picks back, no doubt

Even our own supporters will conveniently leave that bit out to make the deal look far worse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So what do we expect from Rioli?

We must make finals. Or riot. But to give up 6 and 23 for a 27 year old I would expect multiple AA squad selections and multiple top 5 best and fairests
Well I imagine it'll be something like this

GC- pick 6, 23
RICH- Rioli, junk picks (to cover points for pick 23 +more) and 50% of his salary paid

You speculate on a lot of deals, we don't know the details. E.g., Luko for F1 was not gimme. There was separate trade talk initially with F2/F3 coming back to Port. Doing Noble separately would probably cost us min pick 23. And so on. Offloading full salary of Luko and Atkins is significant (if that's the case actually).

IMO, a very good deal for us.

Last edited:
Clearly we are aiming for finals next year

Get Rioli and Leo in and there’s no excuses.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back