2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s only the Suns that allow players to walk out for peanuts when they are contracted.

Rioli is not worth the price that has been mentioned, not even close and that’s why Cameron will do it, he’s convinced he is ahead of the game ( see the Bowes trade) and no one has woken up to the fact he’s in reality a bit “slow”
I think the Rioli trade (if it occurs)

Will be completely a Dimma call and the list management will give him what he needs
Dimma's game plan needs run out of the backline and 2 speedy HBF that rebound

D. Rioli knows exactly what needs to be done and Dimma already said 80% of his premiership team was already on the list and just needed the next 20%
Graham , Walter , Rogers , Clohsely , Lombard and that 2 kids you guys have in next years academy just about complete it

Dimma doesnt want anymore kids and wants players to deliver in the next 3-4 years
And to be honest he is probably correct because the GC has to deliver and deliver soon

A few good LOLs on the Richmond board, while many see pick 8 and 20 as a great deal some are talking about 8,10 and Luko with some late picks coming back to us. The thinking is because we gave up pick 2 for Weller we would 100% do this deal.

****ing spare me

Well its not just what GC gave up for Weller
#7 to off load $600k a year off the cap is another reason

If Rioli goes to GC and Richmond cover $400k x 2 years then thats more benefit to GC than a pick getting consumed by a bid for Lombard who is looking like a certain top 5/6 pick

Well its not just what GC gave up for Weller
#7 to off load $600k a year off the cap is another reason

If Rioli goes to GC and Richmond cover $400k x 2 years then thats more benefit to GC than a pick getting consumed by a bid for Lombard who is looking like a certain top 5/6 pick
You know… I normally get sick of these proposals by fans of other clubs that claim the suns are their ‘second’ team..

But you generally provide fair and reasonable thought behind your proposals.

If the tigers were picking up the 50-60% of his salary, he’s worth 2 first rounders all day long.. (as long as one of those first rounders is the end of round pick from NM)

Yeah bit of the same same, but I’d rather Rowell be hunting the ball, very good ball user inside.

Cripps & Hewett/Kennedy
Dunkley & Neale
Wines & Drew
Rowbottom & Mills

I think it can work well, 2 slower, smart IQ accountable mids.

Ideally It starts this week with Touk.
Rowell and Graham?

Is there a precedent for a half back costing 2 first rounders?
I'm the last one to moan about giving up promising 18yo's for a proven product but surely that sort of deal is for gun mids and KPFs?
Lachy Neale cost Brisbane 19 and 6
That's about what people are considering for Rioli
And if he did come what do you do with Weller and Powell?
Or does Rioli play other positions ?
So many questions

You know… I normally get sick of these proposals by fans of other clubs that claim the suns are their ‘second’ team..

If the tigers were picking up the 50-60% of his salary, he’s worth 2 first rounders all day long.. (as long as one of those first rounders is the end of round pick from NM)
The Gun is my favourite Non Suns Fan and that includes Jen who if/when we lose on Saturday night will no doubt offer some condescending comments.
Such a pity he goes for Richmond.

Honestly after 2 ACLs Weller is probably not going to be the player we thought he could be, as what has happened with Buda.

My ideal defense IF Rioli came in is:

Uwland - Collins - Powell
Andrew - Ballard - Rioli

Even if it isn't Rioli we need someone to fill that spot, and if we need to overpay, so be it.

Honestly after 2 ACLs Weller is probably not going to be the player we thought he could be, as what has happened with Buda.

My ideal defense IF Rioli came in is:

Uwland - Collins - Powell
Andrew - Ballard - Rioli

Even if it isn't Rioli we need someone to fill that spot, and if we need to overpay, so be it.
That's a decent backline

Is there a precedent for a half back costing 2 first rounders?
I'm the last one to moan about giving up promising 18yo's for a proven product but surely that sort of deal is for gun mids and KPFs?
Lachy Neale cost Brisbane 19 and 6
That's about what people are considering for Rioli
And if he did come what do you do with Weller and Powell?
Or does Rioli play other positions ?
So many questions
I would go one first rounder and throw in Caleb Graham , Budarick and Oea, all who may need new opportunities

It’s only the Suns that allow players to walk out for peanuts when they are contracted.

Rioli is not worth the price that has been mentioned, not even close and that’s why Cameron will do it, he’s convinced he is ahead of the game ( see the Bowes trade) and no one has woken up to the fact he’s in reality a bit “slow”

I imagine to convince a contracted high profile player to request a trade from a big Vic club requires some guarantees that we will see the trade through.

Limiting the “overs” is the hard part which we sucked at in the past.

Hopefully we reach a deal where neither team is happy, and usually means it’s fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I’m back on the LDU train

We need to lose some more salary.
Ainsworth gone?
I’d be looking at our midfield mix and see who’s replaceable.
Rowell and Anderson stay.

Rowell for getting his hands dirty.
Anderson for his dash and ability to kick a goal

Luke Davies-Uniacke set to rebuff monster free agency payday and re-sign with North Melbourne​

Luke Davies-Uniacke is set to turn his back on the chance to become one of the best-paid players in the game and recommit to North Melbourne.

Footy’s most in-demand pre-agent Luke Davies-Uniacke has declared his intention to rebuff massive $10 million offers and instead re-sign with North Melbourne despite his impending free agency next year.

Davies-Uniacke is in the middle of a blinding spell of form that has had him earn AFL Coaches Votes in the past six games as his intoxicating blend of midfield play hits new heights.

Clubs would be prepared to offer $1.5 million a season over seven years if he turned his back on the Roos at the end of next to chase instant success – and vast riches.

Big call, but good on the guy for showing loyalty.

SUNS’ EYES ON DANIEL RIOLI GETS COMPLICATED

The future of Daniel Rioli beyond 2024 has again been brought into the spotlight, despite the three-time premiership player being contracted at Tigerland until the end of 2027.

Daniel’s ultra-tight relationship with his uncle Maurice Rioli Jnr is believed to potentially complicate Gold Coast’s pursuit for the defender, with the duo perhaps only willing to move as a package deal.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle, Herald Sun reporters Sam Landsberger and Lauren Wood discussed their potential next move.

“I’m not sure Daniel really wants to leave Maurice, and I’m not sure Maurice wants to play without Dan; so it might be a fact of can Gold Coast play both, would Richmond trade both?” Landsberger begun by saying.

“There’s a little bit there to play out more than just the draft picks on the table, does Gold Coast have a need or a want for Maurice Rioli? I’m not sure.

“Daniel is Maurice’s nephew, (so) I’m not too sure they want to play apart.”

Wood than detailed their relationship as youngsters, and as to why they look so fondly on the idea of continuing their playing careers together.

“These guys grew up tight as tight; they have spoken about kicking a Coke bottle under the one street light where they lived on the Tiwi Islands, treating it like it was a footy and pretending they were on the MCG,” Wood explained.

“I think it’s safe to say that there was an element when Maurice came to Melbourne … that there was a promise that he would look after him.”

Maurice is currently three to four weeks away from his return after a nasty syndesmosis injury sustained against the Western Bulldogs in Round 9.

Daniel has played 174 games since his debut in 2016, while Maurice has played 35 since 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlucky to the Tigers, had the deal of the century according to 90% of the afl nuffie community.

Yeah that would be a pass if that's the case, MRJ won't be getting a game.
Maurice is only 21 years of age so there's still plenty of time to develop him if we were to go after him. Dimma drafted MRJ so he knows him intimately and I'd back his assessment if he thinks it's worth it to bring him in. Plus, it's another famous Darwin name to add to our list and both Rioli boys happen to be cousins of Ben Long so I'm sure the three of them would be happy if it eventuated.

If it seals the deal with Dan and is virtually the same cost then I think you just take Maurice as well. There's no obligation to keep Maurice beyond a year or two and by that point he'll be 24 and we'll know if he's actually worth keeping long term.

I think i would have gained some confidence on this board with some posters specially a guy that i cant remember his name but was always taking pot shots at other team supporters including myself until he accepted me and started standing up for me here but cant remember that Grumpy blokes name just that he was a whisky drinker that started following afl late

But thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back