2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Northern Territory Kangaroos works
Actually if they give them the whole territory it is highly likely as an outcome at some point , they should have taken the Canberra offer years ago when they were playing games there

Actually if they give them the whole territory it is highly likely as an outcome at some point , they should have taken the Canberra offer years ago when they were playing games there
I’m not adverse to losing the Darwin zone if it allows them to get a team. We are at the point the GC academy is self sufficient and we don’t need Darwin. However we do have a strong relationship with Darwin now…

Johnston, Jeffrey, Rosas, Long, and potentially Rioli next year

Whilst I think it looks unlikely clubs say stuff like this to extract max value while players are in contract. It's posturing and testing the other club or agent.

Correct, everything you see and/or hear, has been “leaked” specifically to push an agenda from either clubs or managers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whilst I think it looks unlikely clubs say stuff like this to extract max value while players are in contract. It's posturing and testing the other club or agent.
I have seen many clubs say 1 thing to reporters and do something very different
Its all upto the player

If they want to go the clubs usually let them go

I think looking at the map in the segment it seems like Darwin isn't highlighted so we probably keep that area.

Though I would love to go back to 1 or 0 games a year in Darwin instead of the 2.

Give them Darwin too. We can play away games against north in Darwin and hawks in cairns and retain our home games back at the GC fortress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great. Can someone remind me or point to where the list of our contracted players are (eg what players are out of contract end of 24,25,26 etc)

Has all players contracts...all though hasn't updated Clohesy's yet...

I'm all in on Dusty
Losing Rankine was not only a coach killer but he was also our "missing piece".A spark of small forward magic.I reckon Dusty has a couple of years left in a forward pocket or wherever he wants to be to change the course of matches
Yeah he's old but so is Pendlebury, so was Hodge
He's the sort of player like Carey was , like Brown who makes players around him walk a little taller, play a little louder
It's a yes from me

I'm all in on Dusty
Losing Rankine was not only a coach killer but he was also our "missing piece".A spark of small forward magic.I reckon Dusty has a couple of years left in a forward pocket or wherever he wants to be to change the course of matches
Yeah he's old but so is Pendlebury, so was Hodge
He's the sort of player like Carey was , like Brown who makes players around him walk a little taller, play a little louder
It's a yes from me

Surely it can’t be too hard for a full time midfielder to sit in the pocket! Dusty pretty unselfish these days. 20 goals 20 assists I’ll take that for $600k/2y

Surely it can’t be too hard for a full time midfielder to sit in the pocket! Dusty pretty unselfish these days. 20 goals 20 assists I’ll take that for $600k/2y
So, who will sit out next year considering Dusty does not defend and does not put too much pressure on opposition? Humphrey, Rogers, even Lombard?

We all agree that Humphrey struggles badly in his 2nd year and played as sub too. To my shock he has exactly the same Goals average like Dusty this year - 0.8. Looking at Goal Assists - Humphrey 0.8, Dusty 0.7.

He looks close to the end, does not talk in public to promote club. Pass from me.

Could this be a sign that the club knows Benny Ainsworth is not going to be here next year and have Dusty taking his half forward role?

So, who will sit out next year considering Dusty does not defend and does not put too much pressure on opposition? Humphrey, Rogers, even Lombard?

We all agree that Humphrey struggles badly in his 2nd year and played as sub too. To my shock he has exactly the same Goals average like Dusty this year - 0.8. Looking at Goal Assists - Humphrey 0.8, Dusty 0.7.

He looks close to the end, does not talk in public to promote club. Pass from me.
Not too concerned about the public speaking moreso performance. That being said he may be cruising a bit this year to soften the blow when he leaves.

I actually think the rarity of hearing him talk has added to his persona. Man of mystery who just appears and dominates. Suns fans would love him if he can play to a good level still especially if Benny Ainsworth is gawn.

Not too concerned about the public speaking moreso performance. That being said he may be cruising a bit this year to soften the blow when he leaves.

I actually think the rarity of hearing him talk has added to his persona. Man of mystery who just appears and dominates. Suns fans would love him if he can play to a good level still especially if Benny Ainsworth is gawn.
Nothing really excited me watching him recently. He looked ordinary.

No one cares who sits out if the team sheet reads D Martin (Suns) on a Thursday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back