2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

So, who will sit out next year considering Dusty does not defend and does not put too much pressure on opposition? Humphrey, Rogers, even Lombard?

We all agree that Humphrey struggles badly in his 2nd year and played as sub too. To my shock he has exactly the same Goals average like Dusty this year - 0.8. Looking at Goal Assists - Humphrey 0.8, Dusty 0.7.

He looks close to the end, does not talk in public to promote club. Pass from me.
If Geelong could do it with GAJ, we can do it.

Humphrey, Rogers & Lombard aren't gonna sook that Dusty is there every day teaching them some lessons only a true champion can teach

He might look cooked now, but Fyfe was cooked and now playing every game for Freo this year full time midfield. We are only asking Dusty to play in the forward line.

We get 56 inside 50s a game (2nd), Richmond get 46 (16th), he can kick 5 from 10 touches.

If Dusty can provide solid football for 30 more games over 2 years, it will be worth the $600k offer.

The club would of done their homework anyways, if it doesn't happen. All good, bit like when Andrew Swallow got that last chance but we turned it down

I personally would wish him all the best and hope he kills it at the Suns and plays another 3 years and 60 games
This man is a legend easily and deserves the right to go and do what he likes and even a 37 year old dusty in the foward line will be a handful for any defender. Not to mention what the young kids at the suns would learn from him

He is a leader and is vocal at training and has a great footy brain, If Dusty ends up at the suns i would cheer him on almost as much as i do now.

This man owes nobody anything and in my opinion the best ever Richmond player i have seen and im 59 years old
Best thing is you guys will already have the #4 ready for him as coincidentally the #17 for Dan Rioli

I personally would wish him all the best and hope he kills it at the Suns and plays another 3 years and 60 games
This man is a legend easily and deserves the right to go and do what he likes and even a 37 year old dusty in the foward line will be a handful for any defender. Not to mention what the young kids at the suns would learn from him

He is a leader and is vocal at training and has a great footy brain, If Dusty ends up at the suns i would cheer him on almost as much as i do now.

This man owes nobody anything and in my opinion the best ever Richmond player i have seen and im 59 years old
Best thing is you guys will already have the #4 ready for him as coincidentally the #17 for Dan Rioli
17 is Jed Walter… doesn’t happen for Rioli

Seems more dusty's camp pushing it, so we'll see. He'd have to take a big paycut

Ainsworth wants 5 years

Ainsworth work rate is immense, doesn't always kick goals consistently but put 100% in each game. Surely they'd give him the 5 years he wants.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Dusty is his star power. As a player he's nowhere near his peak. But if he's prepared to be the face of AFL in Queensland for a couple of years he's probably worth it. Is he going to be up for that though?
What do you mean by "if he's prepared to be the face of AFL in Queensland for a couple of years"? Last thing he wants is to be the face of anything 😂

I agree he could pass on experience, but he looked bloody ordinary recently. Maybe he already checked out at Tigers land and his mind is already on a warm, sunny GC.

What do you mean by "if he's prepared to be the face of AFL in Queensland for a couple of years"? Last thing he wants is to be the face of anything 😂

I agree he could pass on experience, but he looked bloody ordinary recently. Maybe he already checked out at Tigers land and his mind is already on a warm, sunny GC.
If he's not prepared to involved in promoting the game I don't see the point of signing him.

He looks cooked as a player. Maybe it's a motivation issue, maybe he gets that back at a new club. Maybe. He got going in his 300th in front of a big MCG crowd. Can he do it in front of 15,000 on the gold coast?

The good thing is he doesn't seem like the sort that would just do it for the pay cheque.

IMO it's very unlikely he moves to the Suns. He's a $1.01 to retire at the end of the year.

The good thing is he doesn't seem like the sort that would just do it for the pay cheque.

IMO it's very unlikely he moves to the Suns. He's a $1.01 to retire at the end of the year.
Dusty is loaded

I remember reading about 3 years ago his property portfolio was worth over $30,000,000
He and his manager ralph carr have been very smart buying and redeveloping warehouse's in cremorne and turning them into modern offices in a very sought after location and has alot of brand sponsor like bonds etc

He wouldnt be doing it just for cash , It would be because he wants to move to GC but still have the desire to play

What it's going to do it put more eyes on the club in Victoria.

More people will watch our games, more people will attend our games and more people will talk about our games.

Even if it's for 1 year, you take the risk he plays 10 games.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben Cousins at Richmond, everyone wanted to see how he went.

And 10+ years later he’s came to Dusty’s 300th.

Imagine a Richmond legend like Dusty coming to Humpers 300th

Benny is of course more media friendly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back