2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins at Richmond, everyone wanted to see how he went.

And 10+ years later he’s came to Dusty’s 300th.

Imagine a Richmond legend like Dusty coming to Humpers 300th

Benny is of course more media friendly
I most likely posting something similar in the past here

Ben Cousins was off the rails but his influence on the young Richmond kids at the time was priceless and jack , Trent , Sheds
have mentioned this many times in the past. He demonstrated what a true pro should train like and be to the younger kids and pretty much stopped Dan Connors from influencing a 19 year old Dusty from going off the rails

Walked in to Connors room and smashed him and more than likely told the club , Nex few days Connors was given his marching orders

I most likely posting something similar in the past here

Ben Cousins was off the rails but his influence on the young Richmond kids at the time was priceless and jack , Trent , Sheds
have mentioned this many times in the past. He demonstrated what a true pro should train like and be to the younger kids and pretty much stopped Dan Connors from influencing a 19 year old Dusty from going off the rails

Walked in to Connors room and smashed him and more than likely told the club , Nex few days Connors was given his marching orders
This is why I want him
It's the player equivalent of having Dimma coaching
We are SupaLite on walking talking football success stories at the Club
Having a winner like Dusty around the place is the true value story here

Free agent

Cost us nothing

Richmond get a end of 2nd or 3rd round pick off his contract offer as compo
It's an odd relationship we have with Richmond.
But they've never really tried to bend us over (that I'm aware of)
In retrospect how could you blame Lynch and Prestia for leaving as hard a pill as that is to swallow-my anger has definitely mellowed towards all parties
But we have had Ellis and Chol and Markov
Now Dimma
Maybe Martin
That's not an empty hand we've been dealt from Tigerland over the journey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In retrospect how could you blame Lynch and Prestia for leaving as hard a pill as that is to swallow-my anger has definitely mellowed towards all parties
Now Dimma
Maybe Martin
Miles & Corey Ellis also

Richmond paid well for Prestia #6 and i believe you got Rankine with the Lynch comp
I think you guys might owe us 1 here

Miles & Corey Ellis also

Richmond paid well for Prestia #6 and i believe you got Rankine with the Lynch comp
Thanks for the Lynch compo. We owe you for that?

Prestia played in a triple premiership midfield. You trade that for #6 every day of the week.

What we got from you was the players you didn't want.

I don't think anyone owes anyone else here.

Now Dimma
Maybe Martin
Yeah I can blame them.
They wet their beds and turned their backs on their mates and all of us because they didn’t have the stomach.
F-Them.

Miles & Corey Ellis also

I’ve respected and liked a lot of your posts here but this one is way off the mark mate.

BOMBERS’ TOP TARGET - BUT CAN THEY GET HIM?

Essendon has focused its trade period plans on landing Gold Coast restricted free agent Ben Ainsworth.

Amid interest from Port Adelaide, along with the Suns themselves, Ainsworth has a decision to make but would perfectly suit the Bombers according to the Herald Sun’s Jay Clark.

“They are going hard at Gold Coast’s Ben Ainsworth, who’s a very clever and classy goalkicker up there at the Suns,” he said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Essendon has canvassed their very strong interest and you’ve seen at Essendon over the past month or two or three this season, they have struggled at times to hit the scoreboard. They need a boost in the forward half and someone like Ben Ainsworth who, and no disrespect to Matt Guelfi, is probably an upgrade on Guelfi, they’re all in for him.

“Last year they were free agency masters, it was a masterstroke getting McKay, Goldstein and Gresham, now potentially Ainsworth. The only problem is the latest sort of mail is he may be leaning towards staying rather than moving, so digging his heels in, it’s gonna be interesting to watch over the next eight weeks.

Clark’s Herald Sun colleague Sam Landsberger asked: “If you’re Ben, why would you leave? And you’ve probably never said that about the Suns before.

“But that makes so much sense for Essendon, with Tyson Stengle re-signing, he should be priority No.1. He’s not Tyson Stengle but you can’t get him now. Forward pressure’s a problem for them, Jake Stringer’s in his 30s now, it’s a similar type of undersized power forward type of player.

“He’d be a great fit there but I’d be staying at the Suns.”

DUSTY DEAL ‘DONE, DONE, DONE’ CLAIMS DEES CHAMP

The Herald Sun’s Scott Gullan is fully buying Melbourne champion David Schwarz’ claim Dustin Martin is locked into a move to Gold Coast for 2025.

Schwarz has claimed publicly this week the triple Norm Smith medallist will reunite with old Tigers coach Damien Hardwick on the glitter strip, even suggesting Martin “will play the majority of home games and travelling might not be a big option for him”.

Gullan relayed his chat with Schwarz on Monday on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“On Monday, 13th Beach Golf Course down at Barwon Heads, beautiful day, playing with a few playing partners and David Schwarz, the Ox, who smacks it just quietly,” he said.

“We were having a quiet drink after it, reminiscing on the round, and he said ‘Scotty, I swear on my kids, family, this is not a 99 percent this is 100 percent, emphatic (he’s going)’.

“The Ox knows people in the industry, he has gone hard on a few things, he said Dustin Martin, two-year deal at Gold Coast, done done done. Heard it through Richmond player, Richmond boss, he had all these details.

“I’m just sitting here going, hello! He’s then gone public as he does, he works in the media, but he was adamant.

“I coughed on my sip of my beer and went, well, it makes sense!”

Martin is out of contract at the end of the season with others speculating the 300-gamer will retire given his lack of form in 2024 and his interest in remaining a one-club player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back