2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gun is getting close to abab on annoying stakes
believe betty boop GIF by Fleischer Studios

Lots of talk from crows, port and Richmond fans about our salary cap being at bursting hence why we will give up Luko for nothing and give up six and 13 ( laughable) for Rioli.

My question is has anyone seen anything in the credible media ( if it still exists) in regards to this or is it all just speculation from those who wish to be vultures over what they think is a carcass?

Lots of talk from crows, port and Richmond fans about our salary cap being at bursting hence why we will give up Luko for nothing and give up six and 13 ( laughable) for Rioli.

My question is has anyone seen anything in the credible media ( if it still exists) in regards to this or is it all just speculation from those who wish to be vultures over what they think is a carcass?
Haven’t heard it once. I have heard that it’s fine on several podcasts/new outlets.

But I imagine in the future we might be tight, with our long term deals + trying to lock up players like Rowell etc.

Nobody knows TPPs. The fact is that it goes up by 3.4M over 2024-2026. Journalists reported that teams had never before had so much money to spend. It is also reported that by 2026 every team will have 5-6 players on 1M+. Right now, I don't think we have anyone over 1M. I guess 3-5 close to 1M.

In 2022, just Bowes and Rankine saved us, I guess 1.5M. In 2023, just Chol, Hollands, Sharp - my guess 1M.

This year, just Ellis, Day, Macpherson - another 900K.

I believe Witts heavily back ended contract will expire in 2026.

Next year is a bonanza savings if we need to - Swallow heavily back ended, Fiorini, Atkins, Sexton, Farrar, Berry, Lemmens, Holman, Rosas. I bet Swallow will be close to 1M. Just him and Atkins could be saving us close to 1.5M again.

Academy kids Walter, Read higher contracts don't kick in until 2027.

Andrew 1M should kick in in 2026.

Going after Rioli, Noble, Himmelberg probably indicates we had a space for them regardless of what will happen with Luko.

Next big re-signing is only Rowell. I guess, the first 1M+ together with Andrew in 2026.

Luko's 1M will be off books by the end of 2026.

Last edited:
Don’t lot of longer term contracts have clauses in them to rise as much as the cap does

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back