2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve perhaps poorly explained my concerns, it’s about appropriate payment not about bringing in known talent

The Suns have a reputation at the trade table as naive and I think this year is going to be no different. If it comes off and we develop into a contender know one will care, may have to put up with more jibes and snickers until then.

I don’t think you can make high demands when you’ve been pathetic your entire existence. Yes you can make some sort of stance like with Jack Martin but really it didn’t gain anything
Let’s just try build some success that we’ve all been waiting for 14 years for and earn the respect from other clubs and wider community

In Dimma we trust

We had a great draft pick trade period last year.

We picked up 2 top 10 players, another in the teens and another in the twenties, yet we still sitting here with bonus picks 12 and 20 as well as our hard earned natural 1st and 2nd rounders (6, 26).

Not sure we could have done any better. A great investment in picks and young players.

This year, it is not going to be great.

It is time to take some cash out and pay some f$^%en' bills, and the shopkeepers have seen us coming with a bulging wallet and know we are going to fold like a cheap suit. It is still better than being skint...

Glad that this means we will hopefully not have to hear from Adelaide supporters again this trade period!

But after watching the finals series, surely the last thing Port needs is another one-way runner who only looks good when the team is already on top. Hardly moves the needle in terms of them getting over their finals hump? Especially when their gameplan is also to just launch the sh*t out of the ball going forward. Will be interested to see how he goes. Hopefully this period will be the kick he needs to put his head down and work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad that this means we will hopefully not have to hear from Adelaide supporters again this trade period!

But after watching the finals series, surely the last thing Port needs is another one-way runner who only looks good when the team is already on top. Hardly moves the needle in terms of them getting over their finals hump? Especially when their gameplan is also to just launch the sh*t out of the ball going forward. Will be interested to see how he goes. Hopefully this period will be the kick he needs to put his head down and work.
I think it makes most sense for Port to go after Luko.

With Dixon likely out, Esava likely moved back to defence, and Marshall likely being medically retired .

We'll likely get whatever Port get for Dan Houston

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back