2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be rare air for me…
Normally I hold a grudge when players leave.
But I just can’t be mad at Luko. He didn’t want to leave. Poor cap management and perhaps him not fitting into the plans is to blame.

I want players who fight fight fight to who hold up the cup not players who play when they feel like it. We can probably count on one hand the amount of good games that he has played

I wish him all the best but this is the big league and we need hungry players not players paid high on potential we’ve had that forever

I want players who fight fight fight to who hold up the cup not players who play when they feel like it. We can probably count on one hand the amount of good games that he has played

I wish him all the best but this is the big league and we need hungry players not players paid high on potential we’ve had that forever
I would say we got more players like Luko? Is King next with half tackles compared to Luko?

Just cheeky comment.

I prefer to watch Walter chasing like crazy but I do will miss his smarts. Often he was on different wavelength with teammates. Waving hands in great position to no avail. We are so bloody hopeless in deliveries. Luko played well late last year.

Whatever Dimma decides I am OK with provided it leads us to finals. That 100% trust in Dimma on this forum worries me. It could be his assistants who were the difference at Tigers.

I am a bit surprised nobody is critical of Dimma's "we don't need picks". How can Cameron do his job after comment like this 😂

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Ben Drever" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Picks and from the Gold Coast [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]] draft.
Now gone for peanuts compared to what picks were used 🥲

What did we get for luko? I didn’t know the deal had been done?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For some reason, I am a bit sad Luko leaving. I loved how he read the game and some of his kicks were beautiful.

Sure, academy kids are coming, and he is not the strongest guy in contest, but often Dimma and teammates did not use him properly.

Hopefully, Rowell is not pissed off and re-signs.

Good luck, Luko. You may need it. Pressure in Adelaide will be insane. Luko was a bit whipping boy here. I suspect, it could go to another level in Adelaide.
Depends on the player, Rankine handle the pressure and took his game to another level.

Will miss Luko. 6 years is a massive offer to take.

All the best to him, he is already getting hate now he’s leaving GC , as the next Jack Watts.

I would say we got more players like Luko? Is King next with half tackles compared to Luko?

Just cheeky comment.

I prefer to watch Walter chasing like crazy but I do will miss his smarts. Often he was on different wavelength with teammates. Waving hands in great position to no avail. We are so bloody hopeless in deliveries. Luko played well late last year.

Whatever Dimma decides I am OK with provided it leads us to finals. That 100% trust in Dimma on this forum worries me. It could be his assistants who were the difference at Tigers.

I am a bit surprised nobody is critical of Dimma's "we don't need picks". How can Cameron do his job after comment like this

55 goals from king probably gives him a pass mark. His early season was my whipping but kept working on his game as the season went on and salvaged himself but a lot of the time is was him on his own kicking the goals

Is he not wrong in needing more picks?
Most premiership sides have a handful of players from other teams
We need to break the cycle of first round picked players topped up with other clubs cloggers until the picks get games into them then the top players go elsewhere because they’re sick of losing
I mean Jack Lukosius has played 116 games for 40 wins
David swallow 240 games 72 wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what’s the forward line?

King/Mac/Walter/Long
King/Walter/Long
King/Walter/Read/Long
King/Long/Dusty
King/Long/Sexton
King/Walter/Himm/Long
King/Walter/Gulbin/Long

Aren’t we suppose to being playing finals next year

55 goals from king probably gives him a pass mark. His early season was my whipping but kept working on his game as the season went on and salvaged himself but a lot of the time is was him on his own kicking the goals

Is he not wrong in needing more picks?
Most premiership sides have a handful of players from other teams
We need to break the cycle of first round picked players topped up with other clubs cloggers until the picks get games into them then the top players go elsewhere because they’re sick of losing
I mean Jack Lukosius has played 116 games for 40 wins
David swallow 240 games 72 wins
No argument from me. I couldn't care less about picks. Nobody complained about all those players we got for free.

Some fans fighting trade battles don't like those statements :)

Let's play finals. More mature best 22 needed. Wish we had played finals this year. We could get probably bigger fish.

I do feel for Swallow. That streak of 18 consecutive losses was tough on everybody including me. At least he got well remunerated :)

Now let's see what Rowell will do. It would not surprise me if he waits with re-signing. BTW, Rowell took Luko to Brownlow.

Last edited:
So what’s the forward line?

King/Mac/Walter/Long
King/Walter/Long
King/Walter/Read/Long
King/Long/Dusty
King/Long/Sexton
King/Walter/Himm/Long
King/Walter/Gulbin/Long

Aren’t we suppose to being playing finals next year
I would imagine, based on current players on the list:

Rosas, Walter, Long
Flanders, King, Ainsworth

Then a traded-in player (like Dusty 😉) or rested mid like Humphrey, Anderson or even Touk.

Not the best, not the worst.

King with 50+ is good returns. I think our smalls are all capable of close to 20 goals if they stay fit. If one could be a 30+ goal small that would be great! Long seems most likely based on this year, tbh.

Depends if Rosas also requests a trade, too. If he does, we need to get the best available small we can—preferably same age or higher—who can make an impact. Can’t rely on Holman or Swallow to do that role. Otherwise we force Humphrey to stay in that role…

Also, I’m a bit sad to see Luko go. Feel we, as a club, never used him well—especially this year.

Not saying he’ll go and tear it up. He’s definitely not the forward to replace Dixon, for example. But Port play a fast brand and that could suit him. Guess we’ll see. First rounder in return, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back