2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I would imagine, based on current players on the list:

Rosas, Walter, Long
Flanders, King, Ainsworth

Then a traded-in player (like Dusty šŸ˜‰) or rested mid like Humphrey, Anderson or even Touk.

Not the best, not the worst.

King with 50+ is good returns. I think our smalls are all capable of close to 20 goals if they stay fit. If one could be a 30+ goal small that would be great! Long seems most likely based on this year, tbh.

Depends if Rosas also requests a trade, too. If he does, we need to get the best available small we canā€”preferably same age or higherā€”who can make an impact. Canā€™t rely on Holman or Swallow to do that role. Otherwise we force Humphrey to stay in that roleā€¦
Not happy you completely ignored RogersšŸ˜‚

Not happy you completely ignored RogersšŸ˜‚
Fair. I actually have him on the bench in my team currently, but he slipped my mind. Down the order at the moment though for me. Needs to have a good pre-season I think.

Could also be Lombard. But I was trying not to rely on first or second year players for improvement in forward line function. They can break in if they can break in sort of thing.

Moore, MacDonald, Ginnivan, Watson
Miers, Mannagh, Close, Stengle
Ainsworth, Humphrey, Rogers, Rosas?

Need to create some goal kickers out of the fwd/mid types since we donā€™t really have the small goal kicking forwards (apart from Rosas at times, if he even stays)

I said a couple of years ago how I thought luko isn't providing as much as he possibly could for the team.

I'm actually just sick of high draft picks bleeding the team of money and then producing very little. I swear I read somewhere that he was going to be on $900k next year and the year after. We can't pay that money to such a low performing player.

Maybe he'll show more at Port Adelaide? There'll be a lot more pressure on him to perform and that seems to be what motivates some players. I don't think it was ever going to work here for him and I don't think we should accept that kind of output as a club for how much money he was being paid. He had a lot of opportunities...

I said a couple of years ago how I thought luko isn't providing as much as he possibly could for the team.

I'm actually just sick of high draft picks bleeding the team of money and then producing very little. I swear I read somewhere that he was going to be on $900k next year and the year after. We can't pay that money to such a low performing player.

Maybe he'll show more at Port Adelaide? There'll be a lot more pressure on him to perform and that seems to be what motivates some players. I don't think it was ever going to work here for him and I don't think we should accept that kind of output as a club for how much money he was being paid. He had a lot of opportunities...

Dimma figured out pretty quickly. Sent him packing

Heā€™ll be ports new whipping boy

With Ballard re-signing, hopefully this is the last time we ever have to deal with Crows supporters
In fairness it was mainly ABAB with his nonsense, a few others chimed but not to his extent, Luko and pick 12 for $2M in cap relief was a particularly loopy along with ITK posters being used to confirm he was going to the Crows 100% LOL

It will be rare air for meā€¦
Normally I hold a grudge when players leave.
But I just canā€™t be mad at Luko. He didnā€™t want to leave. Poor cap management and perhaps him not fitting into the plans is to blame.
Agree, I donā€™t know if Cameron is forced to back end deals to get a longer look at who we want to keep but itā€™s frustrating as a fan as it makes the organisation look amateurish

All the best to Luko, the failure was the Suns not his.

Agree, I donā€™t know if Cameron is forced to back end deals to get a longer look at who we want to keep but itā€™s frustrating as a fan as it makes the organisation look amateurish

All the best to Luko, the failure was the Suns not his.
Itā€™s actually perfect for us. Luko is not in Dimmaā€™s best 22. We paid him probably around 550-600K first 2 years.

Dimma figured out pretty quickly. Sent him packing

Heā€™ll be ports new whipping boy
Hopefully he thrives as a few have once they have left but if he becomes Jack Watts 2.0 I wouldnā€™t be totally surprised either

For all the talent Luko has, if he is in a one on one in the goal square would I back him to take a contested mark? No. If hes 35 m out on a 20 deg angle i'm looking through my fingers whilst he kicks. If he's on the wing can he kick a 50 m laser to a free man? you bet he can. But for the money he was on, you need him to do the first 2 not the third.

would Gary Rohan or Parfitt be worth offering a 1 year deal to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back