2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness it was mainly ABAB with his nonsense, a few others chimed but not to his extent, Luko and pick 12 for $2M in cap relief was a particularly loopy along with ITK posters being used to confirm he was going to the Crows 100% LOL
You forgot GCS will receive a F1 which could be pick 4-10 otherwise you would be getting the following from Port Power supporters lol. I still maintain the ITK poster and caller were correct but Port Power increase their offer to 6 years after their main target for Perryman's 7 years at $850K fell through.

1727171101810.png

Will be interesting to see Read progress through this preseason, if he adds a bit of strength and size I could see him improving rapidly.
Hopefully we still give Walter some time to build confidence. It seemed to really help Cadman towards the back end of this year (also helps playing in a better team)

Read down back as a third tall in the afl team helping him adjust and giving him experience at the same time (can play Andrew forward if needed)

Very tough being a young key forward

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coastā€™s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.
Houston on Tuesday told Port Adelaide he wanted to be traded to Melbourne where he will be closer to family and his girlfriend, with the Power happy to accept his request if they can nail the right trade.

North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

Quite clearly the Power would prefer a Roos selection that will surely be in the top five draft selections even if North Melbourne makes some improvement next year.

Gold Coast might accept a future first-rounder for Jack Lukosius, who chose Port Adelaide as his club of choice on Tuesday.

So accepting another future first-rounder for their No. 12 pick is not ideal but the Suns have academy selections including potential No. 1 selection Zeke Uwland next year.

Houston will have to decide on his future club after meeting with a raft of teams that included Carlton, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs in recent weeks.

The Blues are attempting to clear some cap space and list spots as Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young consider their futures, with Carlton open to them moving on despite contracts for next year.

The Suns have picks six, 12, 20 and 26 and the Tigers will ask for more than their No. 6 draft pick for Daniel Rioli, who is contracted.

While the Suns will push back hard they will have to use pick six in some way in a trade for Rioli.

Collingwood is asking for a first-rounder for half back John Noble but will have to be satisfied with pick 20, which will filter back a handful of spots after NGA and father-son bids.

Our Pick 12 for a Carlton future first. May as well give them the premiership, such is our luck with thatā€¦

Pick 20 for Noble is still a bit over, but is a more reasonable take than previous reports.
Yeah, that article was a mess with logic out the window. Wouldnā€™t take anything out of it except Ralph is trying to pander to his largest audiences (Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood fans). Even managed to slip the big scary A word in there (academy).

You forgot GCS will receive a F1 which could be pick 4-10 otherwise you would be getting the following from Port Power supporters lol. I still maintain the ITK poster and caller were correct but Port Power increase their offer to 6 years after their main target for Perryman's 7 years at $850K fell through.

View attachment 2120731

IMG_3792.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that article was a mess with logic out the window. Wouldnā€™t take anything out of it except Ralph is trying to pander to his largest audiences (Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood fans). Even managed to slip the big scary A word in there (academy).
I know our trades team can seem brain dead at times but if the F1 for 12 goes through they need to pull the plugā€¦..beepā€¦ā€¦beepā€¦ā€¦.beepā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

Out:
Luko and Pick 12 (1268 points on current model)

In:
Port's F1 and Carlton's F1 (2129 points on next years point index assuming the same ladder)

Works out to 861 points (pick 20) next year for Luko. 2129 points is close enough to cover pick 3 for Zeke, plus our 1st rounder as well.

Still seems like pick 12 for Carlton's F1 is us doing them a favour for no reason, I want steak knives.

Carlton canā€™t really give up late picks. They want those for Campoā€™s even though Lucas has fallen a bit. Ben still has a decent year.

Seems weird to working with another team needing back end points

With Houston Carlton will likely finish top 4 at worst and could finish top 2
there will also be alot of academy and father son picks including Carltons gun kid walker

2024 pick #12 has more value than 2025 pick 6/7 with the depth of the 2 drafts
not to mention the Suns will be finals contenders and making your direct opposition stronger

With Houston Carlton will likely finish top 4 at worst and could finish top 2
there will also be alot of academy and father son picks including Carltons gun kid walker

2024 pick #12 has more value than 2025 pick 6/7 with the depth of the 2 drafts
not to mention the Suns will be finals contenders and making your direct opposition stronger
Yeah. Agreed on that. I just donā€™t think there is any value in that deal for us, either this year or next year. It just stinks, to be honest.

And we can get Zeke the same way every other team doesā€”they use draft capital in that year, trade out players in that year, or give up a future year.

We have no need to burn picks this year just because, especially when it benefits clubs who stooged us in the past, such as Carltonā€¦

Use picks on ready made players has to be a priority, while also keeping as much change as possible to spend this year or next on a specific draftee (Lombard / Uwland).

Yeah. Agreed on that. I just donā€™t think there is any value in that deal for us, either this year or next year. It just stinks, to be honest.

And we can get Zeke the same way every other team doesā€”they use draft capital in that year, trade out players in that year, or give up a future year.

We have no need to burn picks this year just because, especially when it benefits clubs who stooged us in the past, such as Carltonā€¦

Use picks on ready made players has to be a priority, while also keeping as much change as possible to spend this year or next on a specific draftee (Lombard / Uwland).
Ready made players and cap space should be #1 priority for the GC to be able to maintain the talent on the list whilst it matures

Iā€™d say it isā€¦ we need mature talent now to win asap.

Not to keep stock piling picks for what might happen years in advance
We are bringing in mature talent this off season and all you've done is complain about it. Need points next for Zeke because if we don't have points for him, you'll complain about that too šŸ¤”

We are bringing in mature talent this off season and all you've done is complain about it. Need points next for Zeke because if we don't have points for him, you'll complain about that too šŸ¤”
Thatā€™s what our own first Rd pick is forā€¦ plus the discount.
I donā€™t see 17 other clubs year after year pushing picks into the future draft like we do?

We are still a decent midfielder short.
Which we going by media we havenā€™t looked to rectify as of yet.

As for me complaining about bringing in talent.

Please repost because I havenā€™t.
And I donā€™t appreciate you spinning your ugly Webb around me!

Iā€™m all for it.. for fair value.
Iā€™ve criticised the club for screaming from the hills about Rioli meaning we need to pay maximum price.
And I ainā€™t backing down from that.

They should of learnt after the Weller trade to keep there mouth shut.

Iā€™d say it isā€¦ we need mature talent now to win asap.

Not to keep stock piling picks for what might happen years in advance

We have 5 picks inside 35, weā€™ll use 2-3 of them on senior players, the other will get chewed up by leo. Iā€™m sure if we canā€™t sort out a deal somewhere weā€™ll trade them into next year and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back