2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

We are still a decent midfielder short.
Which we going by media we haven’t looked to rectify as of yet
Obviously I am keen on Smillie but putting that aside, it has to be Humphrey doesn't it? 3rd year breakout year, similar to Mac. Dusty can take his spot up forward and Humpa/Davies can play in the middle. Id love to see Touk on a wing, making way for the new wave of bulls

Obviously I am keen on Smillie but putting that aside, it has to be Humphrey doesn't it? 3rd year breakout year, similar to Mac. Dusty can take his spot up forward and Humpa/Davies can play in the middle. Id love to see Touk on a wing, making way for the new wave of bulls
Sorry who is Smillie?

with the below changes coming in next year and potentially a couple of academy players to pick up it seems important we secure a future first from Port. As with point shaving and picks after 54 not having any points value we need bank high yield picks

• The revised draft value index and bidding system will be introduced. The new DVI will make it harder for clubs to stockpile draft selections to match multiple bids on Academy and father-son selections.
  • As part of this, the 20 per cent points discount applied to matched bids will be reduced to 10 per cent. However, the AFL will continue to review this and assess whether it should apply to all or some of father-son, NGA and northern Academy players.
  • The new DVI will see points attached to only the first 54 picks (down from the current system of the first 73 picks). There will be more than 10,000 points shaved off the value of the next DVI

JHF/Tom Green type

BuT tHe LaSt ThInG wE NeEd iS mOrE dRaFt PiCks. GoD dAMn MaGiC bEaNs.

Tiges will take him at pick 6

We certainly don’t need the next Tom Greene 🥲 in Dimma we trust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The academy should just produce the exact type of player we need. We don't really need Walter and Read, we need a 195cm left foot midfield beast with high footy IQ and beautiful skills. What is going on at the academy? Time for a Review!!!

Gonna be a hard swallow for us Suns fans but all the top midfield draft prospects won’t be drafted by us.

Gonna be near impossible to tell a Victorian draftee: “hey mate, we love what you do and we think you’ll add to our club, you just have to beat out 7 blokes u24 all entering their prime”

Rowell Anderson Flanders Davies Humphrey Rogers Lombard “2024/2025 Top 10 Midfield prospect”

Say we did draft Josh Smillie, which I’m all for. He’s basically behind Rowell and Davies from the start.

If he went to Richmond he would play straight away

I'm also convinced Flanders best position is forward, he is much more natural at it. Averaged 26 touches, 2 goals a game, a goal assist a game in those 3 games as an almost permanent forward. I'd be playing him there and giving Humpher a run as a burst mid. We need something different there.

I would love to see Anderson and Touk, who are going to USA with that comp they are running grab a group of lads like Humper & Mac.

Go to some elite NFL/College Program/sports scientists.

Travis Boak has taken plenty of Power players, he took JHF this year, first full preseason and he’s exploded.

The bombers went too, they started well this year, Durham exploded full time mid role

Gonna be a hard swallow for us Suns fans but all the top midfield draft prospects won’t be drafted by us.

Gonna be near impossible to tell a Victorian draftee: “hey mate, we love what you do and we think you’ll add to our club, you just have to beat out 7 blokes u24 all entering their prime”

Rowell Anderson Flanders Davies Humphrey Rogers Lombard “2024/2025 Top 10 Midfield prospect”

Say we did draft Josh Smillie, which I’m all for. He’s basically behind Rowell and Davies from the start.

If he went to Richmond he would play straight away
I'll just say I want success, I like Davies, he's a great size, seems like a ripping bloke (pelting a gatorade bottle at Moyle's head after his first win) tackles well. But there's questions over his disposal, cleanliness, decision making... If his only position is midfield it's fair to have questions over his ceiling long term.

Same goes for Humphrey, we can say second year blues, but that is very generous. Good size, can kick goals, but i think I've only seen 2 quarters of him dominate the midfield. He's a good mark, explosive but shocking disposal. Yes, he needs more opportunities but it's still only hope that he is able to take the next step in a midfield.

Rowell and Anderson are staples in our midfield - but inconsistent and need help. Flanders and Miller might be better served elsewhere. Lombard and Rogers I love, but to compliment Rowell and Anderson are they undersized?

You get these picks for 3 years now, So it gives him a chance to assert himself into the group.

We want to bring in mature bodies, great - all for it. But its easier to do that around the periphery than it is to bring in stars in the midfield, for that we need to draft them.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back