2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely. What would you say he is worth?
He’s never really shown any consistency I’m not sure how you can call for first rounder
I am optimistic that we can get F1, sending back F2/F3.

Sure Luko has some flaws but he is highly talented. It would not surprise me as a full forward for Port 50+ goals.

We insisted on F2 for Chol and got it. Surely Luko is better :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RACE FOR PICK 13 GETS HOTTER​

CARLTON has stepped up its bid for pick 13, with the Blues putting their future first and second-round picks up for grabs for the hotly pursued Gold Coast selection.

The choice is looming as critical in the race for Dan Houston as both Collingwood and Carlton hunt the pick along with a host of other clubs, including Melbourne, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.
The Demons and Bulldogs have both offered their future first-round pick in exchange for Gold Coast's pick 13, while the Swans have put forward picks 19 and 22.

The Blues are willing to use both of their 2025 first and second-round picks to get the Suns' pick, which they would then look to use as the main part of their offer to Port Adelaide star Houston.
Carlton's push shows the high level of interest in Gold Coast's selection, which the Suns are looking to part with given it would likely otherwise be eaten up by a bid on Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

Collingwood, meanwhile, is targeting the pick as part of the John Noble trade to the Suns. That would require the Magpies to also give up a future first-round pick, but they are pushing to get back pick 23 from Gold Coast in return.
Putting their future first-round pick on the table is a move the Pies may be more open to given Thomas McGuane is shaping as a promising father-son next year, and that scenario would give the Pies picks 13 and 23 to lure Houston, as well as small forward Joe Richards, who has been tipped to take up Port's interest.

Meanwhile, clubs still have Richmond regarded as the favourite for the first-round pick being auctioned – Brisbane's No.20 choice. The Lions are chasing draft points to match bids on father-son Levi Ashcroft and Academy midfielder Sam Marshall.

I like sid Draper the most but I’ve also said no more drafting from SA, and we don’t need him

So very open minded if we move to 2/3. You also gotta take best available then

RACE FOR PICK 13 GETS HOTTER​

CARLTON has stepped up its bid for pick 13, with the Blues putting their future first and second-round picks up for grabs for the hotly pursued Gold Coast selection.

The choice is looming as critical in the race for Dan Houston as both Collingwood and Carlton hunt the pick along with a host of other clubs, including Melbourne, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.
The Demons and Bulldogs have both offered their future first-round pick in exchange for Gold Coast's pick 13, while the Swans have put forward picks 19 and 22.

The Blues are willing to use both of their 2025 first and second-round picks to get the Suns' pick, which they would then look to use as the main part of their offer to Port Adelaide star Houston.
Carlton's push shows the high level of interest in Gold Coast's selection, which the Suns are looking to part with given it would likely otherwise be eaten up by a bid on Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

Collingwood, meanwhile, is targeting the pick as part of the John Noble trade to the Suns. That would require the Magpies to also give up a future first-round pick, but they are pushing to get back pick 23 from Gold Coast in return.
Putting their future first-round pick on the table is a move the Pies may be more open to given Thomas McGuane is shaping as a promising father-son next year, and that scenario would give the Pies picks 13 and 23 to lure Houston, as well as small forward Joe Richards, who has been tipped to take up Port's interest.

Meanwhile, clubs still have Richmond regarded as the favourite for the first-round pick being auctioned – Brisbane's No.20 choice. The Lions are chasing draft points to match bids on father-son Levi Ashcroft and Academy midfielder Sam Marshall.

A couple of good offers there the blues and the pies look good. But it seems like we’ll end up with 3-4 first Rd picks next year.
Love me a good old fashioned auction.

Just wish we could go bang and use all the draft currency on more mature talent this year preferably more firepower up forward.

Make an almighty leap up the ladder

A couple of good offers there the blues and the pies look good. But it seems like we’ll end up with 3-4 first Rd picks next year.

Just wish we could go bang and use all the draft currency on more mature talent this year preferably more firepower up forward.

I think we would all like that but unfortunately the only way we will get mature talent is if we're up in the top 8 next year.

Love me a good old fashioned auction.

If we want pick 2/3 seems we will give up one of those future picks

Richmond fans thinking they are getting 6&13
If we're getting offers of future 1sts from Melbourne for pick 13, then Richmond are out of the race unless they offer a future 1st.

If we can turn pick 13 into a future 1st and 2nd, then Craig Cameron has done a great job.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we're getting offers of future 1sts from Melbourne for pick 13, then Richmond are out of the race unless they offer a future 1st.

If we can turn pick 13 into a future 1st and 2nd, then Craig Cameron has done a great job.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We thinking Carlton to finish top 4?
They were flying this year… until they weren’t!

Where did I say that?

IIRC you said that Heeney was worth 6 + 12, Rioli wasn't.

I just said I think Rioli is worth 6 + 12 with something coming back your way?
I reckon Rioli is worth six and something back our way… via a swap of later picks. If Rioli is worth 6 and 12, what would do you think Nick Diacos runner up in the Brownlow 21 years old is worth?…. 4 first rounders? Easily worth double of what Rioli is worth

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back