2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did I say that?

IIRC you said that Heeney was worth 6 + 12, Rioli wasn't.

I just said I think Rioli is worth 6 + 12 with something coming back your way?
I get what you are saying, to a point. Both are in their prime, but only probably have half a dozen years left close to that level. Both won a BnF.

But their impact on a game is clearly different. Heeney was close to best player in the comp for half a season. Rioli was maybe in the best 50.

Part of that is positional. Halfbacks are valued as much as goal scoring, gaming breaking mids.

Rioli is a good player in a (currently) bad team playing a position that is important, but not as important as others. Halfbacks and defenders usually win BnFs in struggling teams (Collins, Sheezel, Rioli etc. as they are always near the ball).

TL;DR he isn’t worth close to what Heeney is worth.

Pick 6 is still overs (a mid first round would normally be fair) but most trades for “star” players use to top pick the club has to offer as a starting point. That’s just what is normally used.

Thinking now 19 and 22 from the swans is prob better than Carlton’s future first and second Rd picks?

Say pick 15 and pick 35-40

But what do we do with pick 19 and 22 trade them again?
Better to have them than not, I guess? Can continue trading forward into eternity (current drafts are always valued more highly by most clubs than the future).

Or can trade them for players, if any are available.

Where did I say that?

IIRC you said that Heeney was worth 6 + 12, Rioli wasn't.

I just said I think Rioli is worth 6 + 12 with something coming back your way?
Unless that is a pick about 4 then your kidding yourself

I am optimistic that we can get F1, sending back F2/F3.

Sure Luko has some flaws but he is highly talented. It would not surprise me as a full forward for Port 50+ goals.

We insisted on F2 for Chol and got it. Surely Luko is better :)

There’s no doubt he will be better somewhere else. Regardless of height our forward line is very similar and vanilla hence the difference mac andrew made when he came in and offered something different that we haven’t had for a long time someone that will lead out for the ball

Our forward line has always been young smalls getting games into them and one tall with medium experience and developing second and third
Lynch developing while Dixon was there when he left he was the main guy with wright developing then lynch and wright left that left developing king and lukocius

Now we got king experienced with developing Walter. Will king stay long enough for Walter to develop properly or will Walter replace him?

Our forward line is always congested with our most experienced tall double teamed

I wish I knew more about trades and points and future ****s but if someone was worth 6+12 wouldnt that be in the spectrum of the Club losing said player getting a priority pick?
Or is that a different scenario?
That's for a free agent (out of contract), you get priority pick from the afl to compensate you on your loss. Rioli is contracted and so we have to trade for him.

Article was writted by the age (carro) so I'm going to ignore it, but run gold coast, run and let them screw themselves like the creator of the new joker movie has done. What a steaming pile of 💩!

Those those that dont have access.

Dan Houston (Port Adelaide to a Victorian club)​

This remains one of the pivotal plays of trade week. Carlton, Collingwood and North Melbourne are among the clubs trying to lure the creative half-back, with Gold Coast’s pick No.13 looming as the key to any deal.

The Suns have made the selection available to rival clubs, with the Magpies hoping to swoop on it as part of a deal for John Noble, who has declared he wants to head north. However, Collingwood’s wish for that to be part of the Noble deal may not happen, with Gold Coast weighing up pick swaps with other clubs instead.

The Blues, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs have put forward future first-round selections as they chase the coveted selection, while Sydney would be willing to part with their top two picks this year: Nos.19 and 22.
Carlton, who have long made clear their intention to retain pick 12, could also use their future second-rounder to sway the Suns, assuming they can secure a separate 2025 second-rounder to satisfy league rules on future trading.

Dan Rioli (Richmond to Gold Coast)​

The Suns’ pick six will be central to this trade, but the Tigers have thus far also asked for Gold Coast to include their No.13 selection. Richmond are adamant they want more than pick six alone for the triple premiership player, who just won the club’s Jack Dyer Medal for the first time and is contracted until the end of 2027, but it is doubtful the Suns will do that, given what else they are trying to do with No.13.

Jack Lukosius (Gold Coast to Port Adelaide)​

The No.2 pick in the 2018 draft was dropped late in the season at the Suns, but returned to kick two goals in the last round. Lukosius is highly skilled, but set to earn about $2.5m across the next two years, so Gold Coast can wipe a lot of money off their books by trading him.

The Power are scoring a player entering his prime at 24, with 116 games behind him, and will spread his money across a longer-term contract – for as many as six seasons – than the back-ended Suns deal.

There have been preliminary discussions between the clubs about Port handing over their future first-round selection.

That move will require AFL approval, as clubs must use at least two first-round picks in the previous four-year period. The Power last selected in the first round in 2021, when they took Josh Sinn, but have traded them out ever since, including to secure Jason Horne-Francis.

The league is likely to green-light the impending request, given Port gained a young player in Horne-Francis for trading out some of their first-rounders previously.

The Power are trying to bring in another first-round pick for Dan Houston, but will seek to hang onto that, and trade the future first to the Suns for Lukosius. They are reluctant to pull the trigger on the Lukosius deal until they know they have secured a pick for Houston.

d216464e908a2d7d834f1634f7208bfa.jpg

They add a little more money in every article lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back