2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just their first offer. Even Ralphy's not buying it, and he's in the pocket of the big Melbourne clubs.

It's funny that the Pies are thinking they can turn a player that has been around the fringe of their best 22 into almost enough draft capital to get a 2 time AA in the same position.

If appears the Pies only path to getting Houston is getting pick 13 off us, especially if we take up the Blues reported offer.

You would think we would give the Pies until Wednesday / Thursday to come up with a reasonable offer to acquire our pick 13 for their future 1st. I would estimate their future 1st would be somewhere between 12-16 next year before Academy & F/S picks shuffle that down more. Factoring in that our pick is in the sweet spot in a strong draft, and next year is considered a comparatively weaker draft, with a lot of teams looking to get out of future picks to get picks in this year's draft.

If we missed out on Noble I wouldn't be shattered so would be happy to trade pick 13 for a better deal, and then wait it out and see how hard the Pies want to play this out.

I would think reasonable would look like:

GC get: Noble, F1, 51
Pies get: 13, 29

I would guess teams have until the end of this week to present best offer for pick 13.

Magpies should be in a good position with Noble, Richards, Houston trades potentially connected. Unless they are silly (like the deal mentioned today). Noble trade should work out well for us too with pick 13 probably involved.

Last edited:
I would guess teams have until the end of this week to present best offer for pick 13.

Magpies should be in a good position with Noble, Richards, Houston trades potentially connected. Unless they are silly (like the deal mentioned today). Noble trade should work out well for us too with pick 13 probably involved.
So as editor in chief of Trades for Dummies can you tell me how the **** can pick 13 be in anyway part of a deal for a guy that isnt a walk up start for the team he's with?
Unless we're getting pick 14 back?

So as editor in chief of Trades for Dummies can you tell me how the **** can pick 13 be in anyway part of a deal for a guy that isnt a walk up start for the team he's with?
As per speculations, base trade 13 for Noble + F1. Plus/minus remaining small peaces if necessary.

As per speculations, 13 for Noble + F1. Plus/minus remaining peaces if necessary.
Except those remaining pieces are us giving up 23 & 29 as well which they need for the Houston trade. If we did that when we could just trade for Carlton’s F1 & F2 Cameron has to resign the next day.

I don’t see how it happens unless if Collingwood can find another way to get those extra picks for Houston, they better not be coming from us

Except those remaining pieces are us giving up 23 & 29 as well which they need for the Houston trade. If we did that when we could just trade for Carlton’s F1 & F2 Cameron has to resign the next day.

I don’t see how it happens unless if Collingwood can find another way to get those extra picks for Houston, they better not be coming from us
That was a silly offer (13 + 23 + 29 for Noble + F1). It depends what offers we get from other teams. Noble deal can be done separately.

Magpies now have Richards to trade to Port as a chip. So you could say e.g. 13 + Richards for Houston as a start (if Magpies get 13 from us).

I think 13 for Noble + F1 is a decent trade for us. If 13 is not involved Noble for 23 is a start probably.

I am just guessing :) I don't really care but Noble, Rioli, Lombard are coming and we will have picks for next year. F1 involved in Luko trade likely.

Last edited:

Because it would essentially be

13 for a F1
29 for Noble

Or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What do use think of Owies honestly. I think he would be an instant upgrade from Holman. And he kicked 33 goals this year in a team that has 2 Coleman medallist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris prediction on SEN

Did he forget Noble in the deal?

1 – Houston to Collingwood, unlocking the Lukosius trade

Dan Houston gets to Collingwood,” Morris told AFL Trade Radio.

“Pick 13 gets to Collingwood first (from Gold Coast) and is then passed on to Port Adelaide with Joe Richards.

“A future first gets to Gold Coast and another later pick and in among this, Jack Lukosius gets to Port Adelaide for a future first-rounder.”

I just feel no offence to holman we need goals. I get he brings pressure in our foward line but we have ben long who is a similar player. I feel we need more goals from our small forwards. Whether that's owies or someone else

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back