2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish we would try something different that can shift the needle. Should try something unique and offer Houston a 2 year deal at 1mil a season, see if we can convince him to come up here on a short but lucrative deal, front ended and trade Lukosius for Houston

I'd rather overpay for 2 years of Houston and then trade him back to Victoria at the end than massively overpay for Rioli who is objectively a much worse player. Houston would make us a MUCH better team and we can move him on after Zeke is ready to take his spot.

I wish we would try something different that can shift the needle. Should try something unique and offer Houston a 2 year deal at 1mil a season, see if we can convince him to come up here on a short but lucrative deal, front ended and trade Lukosius for Houston

I'd rather overpay for 2 years of Houston and then trade him back to Victoria at the end than massively overpay for Rioli who is objectively a much worse player. Houston would make us a MUCH better team and we can move him on after Zeke is ready to take his spot.
Why do you think we did not try? I bet we tried many players. No finals hurt us. Still Rioli, Noble is the best in our history probably.

So important to play finals. We failed in 2024.

This is one less impressive aspect about Rioli from the article above.

DEFENSIVE WORK​

Rioli lost 75 per cent of his defensive one-on-ones in 2024, and averaged 0.6 spoils and 3 tackles a game.
Houston only lost a fifth of his defensive one-on-one contests, and recorded 1.3 spoils and 3.5 tackles a game.
Not sure how these things are measured but watching every Richmond game
Rioli was given a licence to go foward and receive and run and somethimes when that happens and he doesnt get the ball he was made to sprint back to make up ground to try and spoil or outmark from a worse position.

Rioli would hardly ever be 1 on 1 with a player as his role was to run off and create

Just on the Dan Rioli trade, did anybody else watch his best and fairest speech?

He talked about his football being good this year because he was so happy off the field with his fiancé. I don’t know about you but I’m concerned about a WAG coming up to the Gold Coast and just not getting the attention she’s used to getting in Melbourne, this could adversely affect Rioli‘s temperament and football. We’ve seen this previously where wives have sooked it up and then the player has moved home a year later. What do you think the chances are of us getting pick Six back if he decide he wants to go back to Richmond in 2026 after a poor year because he isn’t happy?

Unlikely that this will happen, sure. Has it happened before, yes.
She doesnt get any attention here
Nobody would know who she is if she popped up in their soup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean we turned pick 4 into 4 players and 3 future picks. But all we do is deal bad apparently.

Unless it’s King: it’s just vic media bashing us. Beat Port Adelaide with the youngest team to win a game in 7 years. But the team is meant to win now

We should try playing a final. That will shut them up.

Until then it’s fair game

But what’s the point of bringing up stuff in 2019? We spent 30% of this year being younger than North. Fell .5 short of beating the bookies over/under

I mean they have a team inside their own state that’s been more useless than us for 20 years. And they get awarded being the trade period winners every year

Merrett is gonna walk to the Suns since Essendon didn’t play finals

But what’s the point of bringing up stuff in 2019? We spent 30% of this year being younger than North. Fell .5 short of beating the bookies over/under

I mean they have a team inside their own state that’s been more useless than us for 20 years. And they get awarded being the trade period winners every year

Merrett is gonna walk to the Suns since Essendon didn’t play finals
They are pandering to their audience. Bashing the Suns is just a meme now, until we start winning then it will be an endless campaign to underline any achievements.

It's just what they think people want to hear. Trick is to not worry about it.

They are pandering to their audience. Bashing the Suns is just a meme now, until we start winning then it will be an endless campaign to underline any achievements.

It's just what they think people want to hear. Trick is to not worry about it.

Yeah don’t worry about it, even Damien Barrett our biggest hater who supports North rips north. Just the business

Cornes has been positive about us most of the year so not too fussed if he think Rioli is an overpay because it is. But we need him now

I mean we turned pick 4 into 4 players and 3 future picks. But all we do is deal bad apparently.

Unless it’s King: it’s just vic media bashing us. Beat Port Adelaide with the youngest team to win a game in 7 years. But the team is meant to win now
Down grading 4 into points to manipulate a system is barely a genius move, we had priority access to 4 players and we took them, last year, and still missed finals... hardly waiting for sen to bow down to the genius of our list management

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back