2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct it literally doesn’t make any sense other than there is something else fishy going on. I don’t understand and the quicker the AFL force him out of a job the sooner you might make finals.

I thought our old list manager was bad…
I have to believe there is a good reasoning behind it, a very good reasoning. Because if there isn't he shouldn't have a job...

Going early off that tweet but if it’s right,

We’re gonna trade 13 + 29 for Noble & F1, and probably 6 + 23 for Rioli.
So
Lose: 13, 23, 29, Luko, Atkins
Gain: Coll F1, Port F1, Rioli, Noble

When we could have had:
North’s F1 + More for 13
Rioli for 6
29 for Noble
23 + North extras for another teams F1

So
Lose: 13,23,29, Luko, Atkins
Gain: NM F1, Port F1, Another F1, Rioli, Noble

Yeah if true Cameron out Lmao
I think you got that equation pretty right but you forgot we get Atkins 400K off the books and Luko's 800K x 2.....which would allow us to maybe go after Owies if the powers that be decided we need him

I for one was expecting to overpay for everything so I'm not going to melt like the majority here. All in on finals next year, Hardwick got what he wanted, now he needs to prove he is worth his massive price tag.

We’re sitting in first class, need others to join us.

Overpay underpay who cares

2 future firsts and Atkins off the list

Maybe people should search Rory atkins in their Twitter search bar and come back here and realise how good we got it

Maybe people should search Rory atkins in their Twitter search bar and come back here and realise how good we got it
I remember how happy I was getting pick 6 for Prestia all those years ago, we got a dud with the pick and Richmond won a flag.
We have enough draft picks I don't give a **** what we spend them on, just need to get better now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is too much draft capital, but I can live with it.
If we don't make finals in one of the next two years, blow up the joint and microwave the memberships. It will get ugly. Rioli and Noble make that more likely than draftees, fine.

But the one move that has never made sense, ever, ever, ever, was Ratkins as a free agent for what has ended up as 5 years. Why? We all knew at the time it was a dud decision (either secretly or out in the open). Now we have to add a bit extra draft capital to include him in a deal to Port? His agent needs a payrise.

By the looks its only one future 1st, surely we didnt give up Ports future 1st to take on Atkins?

Yeah just don’t forget we cleared Atkins $400-500k off our books, he would sit in the vfl all year

You guys forget about that?
You mean the contract Cameron signed him too! Not getting any plaudits for that

I remember how happy I was getting pick 6 for Prestia all those years ago, we got a dud with the pick and Richmond won a flag.
We have enough draft picks I don't give a **** what we spend them on, just need to get better now.
That dud is still playing for Hawthorn. Says more about our list selection and management than the player e.g Cameron

You mean the contract Cameron signed him too! Not getting any plaudits for that

Of course there is blame on Cameron but who did the suns recruit from 2011-2022? No one wanted to come, those days are over.

Could be a lot worse, Zac fisher just got 5 years last year and now they want daniel and chased houston.

It’s what clubs at the bottom have to do to fill their cap. Richmond will be doing the same in this next period

That dud is still playing for Hawthorn. Says more about our list selection and management than the player e.g Cameron
But he was a dud for us, what I'm trying to get at is Rioli and Noble are known value. Yes Cameron useless as **** on a bull, but we need known value now more than ever. Hardwick is here to coach us to finals, not nurture more 18yos to be better in 4 or 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back