2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Burning On Fire GIF by Arrow Video

Eagles trading back from pick 3 will cover the cracks of us overpaying for Rioli today

They are basically moving back from 3 for Liam baker when they could of done 14 last week

I'm not sure if that is good for Carlton. There's not really a consensus top 3 players.

I mean, there is a reason why Richmond have just completely blown up their list for multiple first round picks.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s fair but at least they get to pick an elite player on their terms, not what’s just left over

Plus the optics look great in AFL circles

That’s fair but at least they get to pick an elite player on their terms, not what’s just left over

It does look good for Carlton but also they are giving up 12,14 and future 1st and 2nd + M Owies.

3 firsts for a chance at Sam Walsh’s cousin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it looks good, but you got to include F1 + F2 picks Carlton had to trade out first. Also, it's worth considering that this draft is very even and there is little difference between draftees in first round. Even old Shifter was fine with trading pick 3 for 12 + 14 this morning.

I actually still struggle to understand why Lombard will be probably drafted 10+ while he won one best player award and was rated top 3 early in the year.

As for optics, all I can see in my mind is Barrett and Cornes. Thank you for that image.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back