Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what happens when you continually trade away futire picks for mediocre players for the here and now to keep an average coach happy and a Prez that thinks making finals is a pass and thats good enough, not a high distinction or a high high distinction.

JHF is the exception.

Trade out our 2024 F1 last year to Freo to help get Ratugolea and Soldo and this year panic that have no decent picks in a good draft and do a panic shit trade.

The day of reckoning is coming for several individuals at the club.

Not sure if posted elsewhere 3AW interview with Jason Cripps https://nine.social/Qq2
Couldn't get through it, i'll paraphrase but cripps said we explored all options before finalising the best deal for Dan...seems clear at no stage did we even entertain holding him too contract?! Just folded like a deck of cards.

Then says its not a salary dump, ratkins can add solid depth across multiple positions and leadership at the club. Had to turn off after that as it was sickening listening. Pathetic from everyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't get through it, i'll paraphrase but cripps said we explored all options before finalising the best deal for Dan...seems clear at no stage did we even entertain holding him too contract?! Just folded like a deck of cards.

Then says its not a salary dump, ratkins can add solid depth across multiple positions and leadership at the club. Had to turn off after that as it was sickening listening. Pathetic from everyone involved.
Lol what list manager is going to admit any player they trade in is a salary dump....
He is and that's obvious.

Cripps gave an insipid interview on 3AW where he basically admitted that we got Atkins for SANFL depth and leadership, and that Houston’s age of 28 made it a good opportunity to leverage him to get into this draft.
Lol...Dan is old at 27, let's recruit 30 year old Ratkins.

Cripps has mentally lost it, or has taken offence at Davies and Hinkley shitting on the list and wants to screw em for it.

Hes just behaving like every other employee that has been around forever and gotten comfortable because they know their position is safe.

All part of Koch's vision that stability = success.

I love how he compared the list management strategy to that of Geelong in that he doesn't want us to rebuild or bottom out but thinks getting list cloggers and trading away stars in their prime will prevent that? Has he forgotten we haven't won a flag or even got to a GF?
He's basically saying we exist to be mediocre... This club could never afford the luxury of bottoming out like Brisbane did which eventually won them a flag..

I'm not happy Houston wanted to leave and I am not convinced that Jack will deliver on what we have given up for him.

But, when Cripps traded to get JHF to Port, the posters on this thread were kissing his arse.

What a bunch of pathetic keyboard warriors.

He has delivered as per the "purchase order".

imo it has been the coaches, the development program, the fitness team and the fact we "have to" play in the snafl that's been more of a problem than our list management

You do have to wonder after today's trades if Cripps may have lost the plot, he had a serious heart issue some time back so I'm assuming he would be on strong medication for the rest of his life, and it is possible a combination of the two problems could have eventually effected his decision making.

Obviously no reasonable person would wish any further ill health on the bloke, but I suspect with the non existent leadership of the club he could become a gibbering wreck in a nursing home before the penny eventually dropped with koch and co.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back