AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rd13: 2175pts (top 1%)... 10th in the weekly :)
overall: 197th (top 3%)... up 235 spots
trades: 15

Martin + Sinclair + Whitfield + Flanders + Sexton + Dowling + Gawn(c) + Gulden + Dawson = :thumbsu:
Daicos + Clohesy + Graham + Petracca = :thumbsdown:

for the 2nd time this year Petracca has cost me any chance of winning a weekly :mad: ... now that he's injured... he's gone
traded IN Whitfield, Gulden, Dowling and they all delivered big time... great trading from me !!
should have 17 available (before trades) for rd14
looking at Petracca -> Rozee and Graham -> Simpkin
583k Simpkin (fwd/mid) insterests me greatly... he's had his bye, playing onball, and could be a handy F6
after 28pos 2goals 132pts on the weekend, i think he's back in form... and in the past he's averaged 90+
Rozee has also had his bye, a proven gun (albeit out of form), and is pretty much all i can afford at 748k
Gulden(c) Marshall(vc)... need something from Sullivan/Freijah/Dowling... Tom Green needs to lift !!

2,025, up from 68th -> 55th. Will take that. Trades ended up being Gulden, Fisher and NM Dawson in for Wislon, McKercher and Clohesy with 226k left over. Probably should have kept Colby but eh.

Dawson's injury is annoying but I strangely hope he's no longer back as being a perma-D8 loop option or even a def/fwd swing 0 is kinda handy.

Team pre trades has
  • 6 def premiums
  • 5 mid premiums, 1 MID/DEF swing (Holmes), 2 shitters (Miller, Oliver)
  • 2 ruck premiums
  • 5 fwd premiums (inc Fisher/Sexton), 2 shitters (Macrae, Powell)

With Will Graham, Howes, Wil Dawson, Sullivan, Freijah, Maley & Joe Richards the bench dudes around that 23.

So if I consider the shitters 'premiums' - I've already got the 23rd man. Think I'll definitely run it this year, probably in the forward line (given Zorko) and the ability to loop F6 with some pretty inconsistent options.

Only 17 this week, so need 3x red dots for 3x green dots to have 20. 16 trades left.

Thinking:
Howes/Graham to Kreuger (Dawson into defence)
Oliver to Ryan (off his bye, and clear top 6. Clarry's not it. A miss from me)
Miller to Simpkin (Touk's not it either, wtf is Ross doing tagging him, but a flier on Simpkin is probably not the worst shout given the forward options available and that I'll run a 23rd man).

With those trades I'd have 18 going into next week, 19/20 if Dawson or Will Graham hold on.

Gives me 358k for next week, with Macrae and Freijah the clear trade outs, then a luxury trade on Steele or Nasiah if I want it and don't think they're clear top 8, or potentially moving on Powell/Green/Nic Martin/Sexton if selection cooks them.

Not sure any of the premiums bar Ryan are appealing this week for me.
  • Sheezel in the mids not clear top 6
  • Dunkley high BE, Friday match, form iffy
  • Butters/Warner/Brayshaw/LDU/Neale/Houston not clear top 8
  • Rozee very high BE, probably not top 8, only becomes appealing if can be acquired very cheap.

Hence, Simpkin might be worth the flier. Could, just, afford any of the above instead of him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back