AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

1721354012758.png

Fisher back is nice. Thinking I just go for one trade this week and keep 3. Richards to someone south of 894k. Leaning towards Tom Stewart - can't afford Bont/Butters/Sinclair who tempt me, and beneath that mark it's Stewart, Rivers, Sicily, Moore, Steele, Dawson types. Stewart feels the best. Would leave 83k in the bank.

Probably set up something like this, with
  • Mannagh looped for Fisher/Simpkin (probably Fisher?),
  • Martin looped for Young
  • Daicos looped for Holmes, or probably Young too via DPP.

Any suggestions/feedback?

View attachment 2052052

Fisher back is nice. Thinking I just go for one trade this week and keep 3. Richards to someone south of 894k. Leaning towards Tom Stewart - can't afford Bont/Butters/Sinclair who tempt me, and beneath that mark it's Stewart, Rivers, Sicily, Moore, Steele, Dawson types. Stewart feels the best. Would leave 83k in the bank.

Probably set up something like this, with
  • Mannagh looped for Fisher/Simpkin (probably Fisher?),
  • Martin looped for Young
  • Daicos looped for Holmes, or probably Young too via DPP.

Any suggestions/feedback?
Yeah, get Mason Wood !!!

Who do bench Sheezel or Young for Evan’s 101

Probably going to bench Sheezel, with Dawson

Sheezel concerns me more with Cincotta being a real chance I think vs Young’s market share being a little higher with Johnson out today.

I took Nic Martin’s 97 over Young too. So sitting young, Holmes & one of fisher/simpkin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rd19: 2312pts (top 12%)
overall: 77th (top 1 %)... down 9 spots
trades: 6

Whitfield + Sheezel + Flanders + Zorko + Green = :thumbsu:
Simpkin + Jackson + Dunkley + Anderson + Dawson = :thumbsdown:
Evans on the bench = :(

should get Gawn(bench) back this week... so i can put Jackson back to R3 where he belongs
Dawson will miss 1 week with concussion, but i think i'll hold... Mannagh (ave 89 from past 3) can fill the void
i'll probably loop Simpkin(F6) with Dowling
Gulden(c) Marshall(vc) i reckon

and wtf Essendon ?? :eekv1: :cry: we've slipped to 8th and now unlikely the play finals... lift !!

and wtf Essendon ?? :eekv1: :cry: we've slipped to 8th and now unlikely the play finals... lift !!
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

2449 for the round (33rd overall) moved back up to 27th overall.
Had been losing some momentum lately, was good to have a decent round again.

F6 has been a real problem lately with Sexton / Fisher. I have 3 trades and seriously thinking of making a correction there. No one really standing out is the biggest issue.

2449 for the round (33rd overall) moved back up to 27th overall.
Had been losing some momentum lately, was good to have a decent round again.

F6 has been a real problem lately with Sexton / Fisher. I have 3 trades and seriously thinking of making a correction there. No one really standing out is the biggest issue.

Could try Keays, I guess. Ave over 100 for the last four. No idea whether he maintains it, however.

He's getting good points from tackles as well as goals.

Last edited:
2,412. Up to 29th.

Good enough week but needed to jump more I fear given I had the big advantage of being able to triple loop

Can't really loop how I'd like this week with North having the early game - Kreuger's concussion means I can use him to F loop, but Mannagh/Fisher/Simpkin vying for F5-6 all play first game Saturday so not sure what good it will do. And Dawson as my def looper means whoever I sit in defence probably stays there.

Feel like I'm faced with a decision on which of Ryan, Holmes, Martin & Young I field in defence, which I make the def emergency (unlikely to play), and which two I loop for M8. Feel like Martin v StK is a good matchup. Holmes v North intuitively feels good but on numbers probably isn't. Ryan stunk it v WCE last time too. Gut is to sit Ryan over Holmes, but sitting Holmes over Ryan gives me the luxury of being able to trade someone out for a zero if Holmes goes nuts.

3 trades left, not sure if it's worth burning any. Potentially it's time for Fisher to go, but I'm not sold on any better options? I can get him to anyone aside from Moore.
  • Miers/Dempsey have the run home, but bad match last week & wrong time match this weel
  • Wood's had a couple of nice weeks, but I don't love that he's now playing more as a key forward
  • Both Daniher & Curnow's form is iffy and key forwards are yuck
  • If mid time is flagged for Keays, maybe him, but he's been pretty irrelevant in this forward role for a long time so my gut says if there's no role change, mean regression is a thing
  • Bedford is a little bit interesting as he seems to figure out how to do a bit more offensively while tagging
  • Draper might be a play if Goldy's out again

Jeremy Cameron's form is concerning, but North, Adelaide, Freo sans Pearce, St Kilda, West Coast seems a pretty juicy run home for a KPF.

The other one I'm kinda warming on is Josh Treacy. Bloke's a machine. Works hard, hits up, efficient shot for goal, defensive pressure. 86 avg last 7 weeks, 95 avg last 3, 77 on the season. WCE, Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Pt Adelaide on the run home.

Feel like holding 3 trades and not burning any is a silly play, but bar Fisher, nobody feels like they're making a case to be punted (with a better replacement waiting in the wings).

Ryan's not looking great, I'm worried about Daicos with a run home of Richmond (Graham if he plays), Carlton (Cincotta), Sydney (Jordon/Adams), Brisbane (Berry), Melbourne (ANB) all seemingly big tag risks. Though I think v Richmond he'll be fine. Walsh has been a bit weird too.

But who comes in? Treloar's on a good run but Sydney this week are restrictive and he's a bit of a tag target I reckon. Bont likewise with the matchup. It feels weird to run back to Steele, Anderson probably cops Berry this week then only home 1 out of the last 4. Butters has tags coming.

Brayshaw's maybe a bit interesting but I don't love the run home for a spreading mid. Taranto might be good too, but off a concussion isn't ideal. Sinclair's interesting too but the next couple aren't great fixtures. Nic Newman's got a great run home, but after this week. Is Sicily back? The risk of being thrown forward I don't love.

Just nobody putting their hand up to be picked anymore. Be nice if there was a clear trade in, but hasn't really been for weeks now.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back