AFL 2024 AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we think of Nick Blakely to make AA side at $3?
I think it is if the season ended now, but its pretty hard to find much value in these with half a season left.
he is competing for probably 1 of 3 spots? potentially 4.

Blakey, Houston, Ryan, Clark, Holmes, McGrath, Zorko, Dale,?

that is probably the general defender list in somewhat order too.

rising star market still open at betfair its been thrown into dissarray with Darcy gone and Reid in trouble... I feel the AFL will look after reid here so you can snap up 3.40 at betfair if you believe that too..or they will at least appeal if hes given a week..

hes the poster child they will want him winning the award and Wilson played out the game which will help his cause... but the action obviously didn't look great.. feel it'll be one of those cotchin grand final eve ones but where he is looked after.. despite it being a lot less worse of an action than Cotchins.. should have to be a 2-3 week offence to be rubbed out of such an award.

rising star market still open at betfair its been thrown into dissarray with Darcy gone and Reid in trouble... I feel the AFL will look after reid here so you can snap up 3.40 at betfair if you believe that too..or they will at least appeal if hes given a week..

hes the poster child they will want him winning the award and Wilson played out the game which will help his cause... but the action obviously didn't look great.. feel it'll be one of those cotchin grand final eve ones but where he is looked after.. despite it being a lot less worse of an action than Cotchins.. should have to be a 2-3 week offence to be rubbed out of such an award.

I’ll be shocked if they do that. Harry Jones got a week for a far less dangerous tackle, one that looked as fair as fair, whereas the Reid one is very very different.

I’d have the market
=1. Wilson & Wardlaw
3. McKercher
4. Dempsey

Mckercher doesn’t deserve to be that high but remember you’re betting on what mouth breathing media members will vote - a good stats month prior to being injured was big for that.

Personally think a couple more 3 goal games in the back half of the year will get Dempsey a decent look in.

Guys like Windsor, Lohmann, Roberts don't have roles conducive to big enough stat lines.

how much longer is McKercher out for ? his role is great in that North team but Wardlaw is a better player in tougher role, they may hurt each others chances too.

Is a complete lottery at the moment and would struggle to back any of them.

Given the type of players these are I am not sure one can separate for awhile either.

Dempsey probably the best but he gets the age tax.

I wouldn't discount Sanders.

There's still half a season to go and IF he is given a chance to remain in the WB midfield when Libba and Ed return (I.e. this week) then he could make some serious headway in the RS market which as identified is now a lottery.

You can almost get a free look this week. If Sanders is a constant feature in the WB midfield against BL, perhaps that could be a decent guide as to whether he is likely to remain a constant feature.

I wouldn't discount Sanders.

There's still half a season to go and IF he is given a chance to remain in the WB midfield when Libba and Ed return (I.e. this week) then he could make some serious headway in the RS market which as identified is now a lottery.

You can almost get a free look this week. If Sanders is a constant feature in the WB midfield against BL, perhaps that could be a decent guide as to whether he is likely to remain a constant feature.
Nothing is a decent guide for what Bevo could do!

Betfair have paid out Reid rising star lay bets. Some lucky bastard must have thought he won the lottery when he was the first to scoop up the thousands sitting at $1.15-1.30 or whatever it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you mean people were still backing reid after he got suspended? and someone got lay bets on
Well, for about 30 seconds after the tackle when they showed the replay and it became clear he was going to be suspended there would have been thousands in lay bets just sitting there at god knows how short a price. Basically free money for almost no risk to whoever was quickest to grab it.

I didn't check Betfair until later that night but there was still some lay bets to be scooped up in the $3-5 range. Once he was officially suspended there was only loose change available at huge odds.

Well, for about 30 seconds after the tackle when they showed the replay and it became clear he was going to be suspended there would have been thousands in lay bets just sitting there at god knows how short a price. Basically free money for almost no risk to whoever was quickest to grab it.

I didn't check Betfair until later that night but there was still some lay bets to be scooped up in the $3-5 range. Once he was officially suspended there was only loose change available at huge odds.
FWIW, I had a lay bet of $1.25 in the queue for weeks and just left it there. None of that got matched. So any lay price that was taken was in excess of $1.25 odds.

I did see a lay price of $1.57 before the match was available with not a whole lot of liquidity. That may have changed during the match.

Anyone think Hawks are rough chance for the 8? Odds of 46 against 7.50 for Adelaide who are 2 points in front of them and the play each other this weekend. Shit percentage and hard to see who drops out of 8 now but we do have Richmond twice, North once and WCE once to come.
Into 6’s

Unfortunately Richmond back into some form and Dusty’s 300th coming up……

Any reason why all my SB Harley Reid multi bets are still pending? Any chance they could be swell fellas and pay out on them? :grin:
Not sure about paying out as a winner, but fair chance they will refund those eligible for justice refunds.

Brisbane to make the 8 at 2.10 seems like money for jam. Have a really good run home. Also paying 7 bucks for the top 4 and it's definitely doable

Blues top 4
Bombers/Lions/Pies/GWS top 8
Hawks/Suns/Dees to miss top 8
$11.72 boosted

Had a quick look at teams run home, GWS top 8 and Hawks to miss are most the shakiest. Lions could be a decent chance for top 4 from here even.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back