Game Day 2024 AFL GF - Swans v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Do remember hearing something about that as a kid..that the big vic clubs didn’t want us getting bigger/ successful. Never knew if this was proven.

Found a link on the big footy web to an Age article from 03 .. not sure how accurate it is with the passing of time…or the key players mentioned. But l distinctly remember that gold rimmed glasses hack gleefully bragging on tv..

The clubs voted against North Fitzroy Roos 14-1 and the Bears did a Bradbury with the help of the AFL.

North didn't have to go to a member vote like the Melbourne Hawthorn fail. The $6 million dollar offer from the AFL would have paid out the North shareholders and the Fitzroy Nauru debt used to push Fitzroy in administration.

The clubs voted against North Fitzroy Roos 14-1 and the Bears did a Bradbury with the help of the AFL.

North didn't have to go to a member vote like the Melbourne Hawthorn fail. The $6 million dollar offer from the AFL would have paid out the North shareholders and the Fitzroy Nauru debt used to push Fitzroy in administration.
Cheers SAC. 🍺……
Well it backfired on those voting clubs
And 🤬 to AFL.

I had my Swan supporting B/in-law tell me tonight Nth deserve all they get because they can’t manage our Academy as good as the Swans….. Clueless . C’mon Lions , do it for us NSW Swans haters
Unusual to hear of a know-nothing Sydney fan.

At the very least this should highlight the advantages the northern teams have

Syd, gws, lions and gold coast are kissed on the dick (Gc just haven’t taken advantage yet)
A PAIR of Brisbane-bound midfielders have supercharged the Sandringham Dragons to a third successive premiership, with the strong favourites claiming a piece of history in the Victorian under-18 competition.

Academy talent Sam Marshall and father-son Levi Ashcroft were pivotal as the Dragons stormed to their flag threepeat, with the 37-point win coming in comfortable fashion in the Coates Talent League decider against Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

A PAIR of Brisbane-bound midfielders have supercharged the Sandringham Dragons to a third successive premiership, with the strong favourites claiming a piece of history in the Victorian under-18 competition.

Academy talent Sam Marshall and father-son Levi Ashcroft were pivotal as the Dragons stormed to their flag threepeat, with the 37-point win coming in comfortable fashion in the Coates Talent League decider against Greater Western Victoria Rebels.
Yes, imagine winning a flag and getting 2 under 18 All Australian level players a month later.

Plus welcoming back Coleman (another academy) back from an ACL for next season.

I had my Swan supporting B/in-law tell me tonight Nth deserve all they get because they can’t manage our Academy as good as the Swans….. Clueless . C’mon Lions , do it for us NSW Swans haters
Im sure our academy/nga zone is Bass Straight.

You literally have to live on the Spirit of Tasmania for 2 years for us to get drafting rights...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 AFL GF - Swans v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back