Competitions 2024 AFL Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night I was lucky enough to attend the player sponsor quiz night. Thanks to the generosity of Chadwiko , fusion and a couple of others for donating their entry to Me.

It was in the posh horizon function room at Marvel stadium.

The wife and I were sat between our man Hugh Greenwood and Colby Mckercher. We also had Finbar Maley on our table. Each table had three players and maybe 7 or 8 sponsors.

Greenwood really is a great choice to have as our man. He is good company and happy to have a chat easy to talk to etc. I admit I didn't ask any tough questions about plans for next year or any frustration about not being able to get into the team.

Had a good chat to Colby he comes across as a kind of reserved country guy. Was nice. Said he did mean the kick to Larkey at the end of the run. My wife kept talking to him about how she liked going to tassie for the games and how much she liked the place. I said to them both Colby doesn't like tassie it's boring and he had on interest in going back other than for a short holiday :).

The quiz itself we did well we were in it from the start. Finbar was scribe and had a good chat to him. I really liked him he is a great personality is a real character. If greenwood isn't around next year going after him to sponsor would be good. They did an everyone competes true or false game which my wife won. We went into the last round one point behind and scored a perfect score in the final round. We were pretty sure we would be lifting the trophy.

Before they counted up the score they announced there was one more bonus round. One of those who am Is for those that do pub quizes... they start of reading really obscure facts about someone and the first to guess it wins. After just a couple of obscure facts Harry Shezel yells out the correct answer. 4 bonus points to his team.

Anyway they count up the final score and Harry team has beaten ours by 2 points. I had already had dreams of seeing Harry lift a silver cup with blue and white streamers. In the dream I was happy. Now my dream had come true but not in the way I wanted and I was no happy about it at all :)

I had quick chats with a lot of the players after. Some took off straight away but others hung around for a good half hour or so after to mingle. Saving this now will come back and edit and add some photos
I said it somewhere else recently, Harry Sheezel is like Midas, everything he touches turns to gold :)

Great write up wolvesRoos!

Glad you had a good time!

Finbar was scribe and had a good chat to him. I really liked him he is a great personality is a real character. If greenwood isn't around next year going after him to sponsor would be good.

I agree - Finnbar seems a top bloke and good character and could be a good option for a 2025 sponsorship (but my vote is for Toby Pink! ;) )

Last night I was lucky enough to attend the player sponsor quiz night. Thanks to the generosity of Chadwiko , fusion and a couple of others for donating their entry to Me.

It was in the posh horizon function room at Marvel stadium.

The wife and I were sat between our man Hugh Greenwood and Colby Mckercher. We also had Finbar Maley on our table. Each table had three players and maybe 7 or 8 sponsors.

Greenwood really is a great choice to have as our man. He is good company and happy to have a chat easy to talk to etc. I admit I didn't ask any tough questions about plans for next year or any frustration about not being able to get into the team.

Had a good chat to Colby he comes across as a kind of reserved country guy. Was nice. Said he did mean the kick to Larkey at the end of the run. My wife kept talking to him about how she liked going to tassie for the games and how much she liked the place. I said to them both Colby doesn't like tassie it's boring and he had on interest in going back other than for a short holiday :).

The quiz itself we did well we were in it from the start. Finbar was scribe and had a good chat to him. I really liked him he is a great personality is a real character. If greenwood isn't around next year going after him to sponsor would be good. They did an everyone competes true or false game which my wife won. We went into the last round one point behind and scored a perfect score in the final round. We were pretty sure we would be lifting the trophy.

Before they counted up the score they announced there was one more bonus round. One of those who am Is for those that do pub quizes... they start of reading really obscure facts about someone and the first to guess it wins. After just a couple of obscure facts Harry Shezel yells out the correct answer. 4 bonus points to his team.

Anyway they count up the final score and Harry team has beaten ours by 2 points. I had already had dreams of seeing Harry lift a silver cup with blue and white streamers. In the dream I was happy. Now my dream had come true but not in the way I wanted and I was no happy about it at all :)

I had quick chats with a lot of the players after. Some took off straight away but others hung around for a good half hour or so after to mingle. Saving this now will come back and edit and add some photos

Great write up on the night. We went to the last one and had a great time also and like yourselvse finished 2nd..These nights are by far the best to go to for players interaction.

• Zane also said that he's literally trying to win Mark of the Year, and is going to "go up for a fly" every chance he gets.

He's done it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2024 AFL Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back